Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

I got ya now. Never knew about that option myself. Heck that was the first time I used bigger lettering on a post ever. So somewhere inside this box of wonder there is a setting that allows me to set how big text is on all pages I pull up from any source? I better get diggin. It would probabgly end these headaches I get everytime I get on here.....the pc,....not rcu. Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up.

Kevin
Old 03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
FLPilot
My Feedback: (23)

You should see a page button on a menu above the internet page.

Click this button to find the option to change the text size on the page.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my IE you can go to "View" menu at top and scroll down to "text size".
Old 03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
FLPilot
My Feedback: (23)

Either way works well.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Mr. Mugen

Damn. I never paid any attn to those buttons. They are at the top of every page too! In plain site is the best hiding spot. I was looking a lot deeper....

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 03-07-2009, 02:12 AM
bgold

I think it was amazing how he could see the regular font size when it didn't agree with him and whine on in caps.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:04 AM
1UGLYPUG

I returned the radio to them for repair of an intermittent problem,,, They changed out a board,, not saying if they had actually found a problem,,and refusing to talk to me about why they changed that part. I got the radio back, flew it a few times with some old gliders,, then tried it in a good plane,, and it flew out of control. Since I have two identical 6EX transmitters, I got the help of a friend at the field, the only other person there, so I know it was not any jamming problem. We bound the crashed RX and a known good RX to the good radio, to insure it was not a bad RX, and he operated the the Good TX while I drove as far away as possible watching the controls move. No problems. Then we bound the same two RX to the bad TX, and lost control at less than 100 yards. The range check of both radios was good, even though the bad TX would lose contact at less than 100 yards. The bad TX had been working several days before with the old gliders, but decided to stop working with the good plane,,, an intermittent problem. All RX worked with the known good TX well off the range of flying at the field. The bad TX with the intermittent problem lost control with the same RX at less than 100 yards after a good power down range check. I told Futaba that it was an intermittent problem, and to please not make me have to find out by losing another plane that the problem was still there,,, All they say now, is that "our supervisor will check it out this time",,,, That is not good customer service. I like the good TX I have, but if it ever needs repair, I may as well throw it in the trash,,, Just like the other guy on here said he got one back and it too was not repaired. I am a former electronics technician and instructor, and know when I have a problem with equipment, or I crashed the plane. When a plane just flys by in front of you and out of sight, like the second one I lost, and nothing you do affects the plane,,, the problem is with the equipment. I will only buy Spektrum, and do not recommend flying with a bad radio "repaired" by Futaba,,, They may do good monkey maintenance of changing parts, but they have no real trouble shooting skills. I truly believe the board they changed was due to their thinking it was a freq linking problem, and did not actually trouble shoot the radio. The last problem I had before I sent it in for repair, was when I was doing a ground check, and the radio was not linked,, and I think that is what they keyed in on, rather than the intermittent problem... They did not trouble shoot the radio. And if they send me back the same radio again,,, I will continue to be the voice of opposition to their repair work, and their product in general.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Silent-AV8R

So you have not had any contact with them this week and they have never offered to replace or exchange the problem transmitter???
Old 03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Flyboywbl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow that took a while to read that fourm. About a years worth of posting.

I just got a Spektrum module for my 9C super and have been very happy. Spektrum just released the AR500 five channel receiver for large planes for $59 bucks. Not bad if you ask me. Not all large planes need 7-14 channels. Most only need 5-6. (sport planes that is). I don't fly big scale planes so i don't need 14 channels. I love Futaba but it seems like the Spektrum is where it's at with the selection of receivers. Also they just came out with their new seven channel receiver for nitro heli's with an integrated governor. I just sold all my 72mhz RX's and got all Spektrum receiver and i've never been happier. Now i just wish they would release a full Spektrum (not park flyer) three channel receiver for combat planes. I still have all my combat planes on 72mhz but i think i'm just gonna break the bank and buy more AR500's for them. The great thing is the antenna will be internal so i won't have to worry about any one cutting it off any more. Any way sorry to hear the some people lost planes with this issue. It's no fun to be shot down especially when one of the main selling points of this technology is that it is "impossible" to do so.

-Matt
Old 03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Flyboywbl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the only problem is i have to shave off all the J connectors on my futaba servos. Losts of plastic on the floor.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
The Toolman

ORIGINAL: MikeL

It's easy for him to change his settings on his end. What he needs is built right into his computer. If someone is willing to inconvenience everyone else just so that they don't have to learn to operate their equipment properly... well, it may not be surprising when that individual also has problems with their RC equipment.

I see you are over here causing trouble an telling people how ignorant they are just like you do in the ama forum. Must be great to be a perfect person like you an everybody else is stupid.

Ron
Old 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM
larshkj

ORIGINAL: 1UGLYPUG

I seem to remember a place called Greenland, that is now covered in Ice. It was not that long ago it was Green and growing vineyards.

Not that long ago? We're talking about 700 years ago!

Lars
Old 03-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Highflyer2
My Feedback: (1)

MODS
Please close this thread down. It has outlived its usefulness.

John
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 PM
1UGLYPUG

Still waiting for a response from the Futaba repair center,,, Will update as soon as they do something,,, DAY
Old 03-20-2009, 10:43 PM
1UGLYPUG

FINALLY HEARD FROM FUTABA SERVICE, THAT THEY RECEIVED MY RADIO TX.. I CALLED AND THEY SAID THEY WERE SENDING ME A NEW TRANSMITTER,,, THEY FINALLY ADMIT THEY CAN'T REPAIR THE STUPID THING,,, I TOLD THEM I APPRECIATE THEIR RESPONSE WITH A NEW TRANSMITTER. NOW, IT ONLY COST ME 4 PLANES TO GET THE PROBLEM SOLVED,,, NOW, WILL HAVE TO FLY IT FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG IN CHEAP PLANES I CAN AFFORD TO LOSE, TO SEE IF THIS ONE WILL BE A GOOD ONE.,,,
THANKS FUTABA,, HOPING THIS ONE WILL BE GOOD,,,, DAY,,,,
Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Silent-AV8R

Did they actually come right out and admit that they could not fix the old transmitter? Or did they perhaps send you a new one to try to satisfy your demands? Just curious about what they actually did.

OH, AND YOU CAN TURN OFF THE ALL CAPS. IT IS REALLY ANNOYING TO READ POSTS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS. Kind of makes you sound like you are on a rant of some kind rather than simply reporting the latest information.

But it is good to hear that they have given you what you wanted, regardless of the reason.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:45 AM
victorzamora

1UglyPug: If your mouse has a scroll wheel, you can hold the Control key (Ctrl) and scroll up. That's another way to increase font size. I'm telling you this not because I'm mad at you for "yelling" at me. I'm telling you this so that people will stop telling you to stop. Oh, and sorry about saying it to begin with. All caps is such a pain for me to read that I could only skim through it, so I wasn't able to read that you had an eyesight problem.

Oh, and Woketman, I really am sorry you had a problem with your radio that made you lose planes. However, I've had great performance from my radios since day 1. I also crashed a Sig Wonder at full throttle (it had an evo 36 on it, so it was going FAST) hard enough to crack both my switch AND my Rx. I lost an antenna off of my Rx and called Futaba about it. They sent me the antenna free of charge, rush mail. They even offered to fix it for half off. Futaba (and Hobbico in general) has always treated me really well.

I know there are lemons out there, and I realize that there are the Customer Service rep's that are as useless as you can imagine. I've luckily not had to deal with either from Hobbico
Old 03-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: victorzamora
I also crashed a Sig Wonder at full throttle (it had an evo 36 on it, so it was going FAST) hard enough to crack both my switch AND my Rx.
Please tell me that you sent the receiver in for service!! You hit hard enough that it tore the antenna off and cracked the case, but all you did was contact Futaba/Hobbico about getting a new antenna sent to you?

And as far as the reprimand for asking him to shut the CAPS off, he posted a fair number of posts in normal type. And again, while he may need larger type to read using caps is like screaming when you talk because you are hearing impaired. He can set the fonts on his computer so he sees only three letters at a time, but there is not reason that he has to type all caps. And all of this has been gone over several times.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:26 PM
1UGLYPUG

If you had been keeping up, you would have read where I tested the crashed RX and a good receiver with both the bad tx and a good tx,, I have two identical transmitters, and both receivers checked good with the good tx and both rx bad at 100 yards with the bad tx. They are not changing the ant,, but the whole tx has an intermittent problem they could not find,,, so are now sending me a new tx,,,, I used all caps yesterday as I was excited about getting the new transmitter,,,, and, if you are such a baby that a little capital letters upsets you,,, it is a good thing you are not married,,, of do you just hide from your wife, as I know she gets after a baby like you a lot,,,, WAH WAH WAH,,,, DAY
Old 03-21-2009, 01:29 PM
1UGLYPUG

ALL YOU BABIES OUT THERE,,,, THEY DID NOT GIVE ME WHAT I WANTED,, BUT, REALIZED AFTER SENDING OUT A RADIO THAT WAS STILL BAD,,, AND STILL COULD NOT FIND THE PROBLEM DECIDED TO SEND A NEW RADIO,,,, AND STOP CRYING ABOUT ALL CAPS,,, JUST DON'T READ IT,, YOU CAN JUST AS EASILY SCROLL BY MY MESSAGE, AS I CAN TYPE TO PLEASE YOU,,, WAH,, WAH,,WAH,,,, DAY,,
Old 03-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1UGLYPUG

ALL YOU BABIES OUT THERE,,,, THEY DID NOT GIVE ME WHAT I WANTED,, BUT, REALIZED AFTER SENDING OUT A RADIO THAT WAS STILL BAD,,, AND STILL COULD NOT FIND THE PROBLEM DECIDED TO SEND A NEW RADIO,,,, AND STOP CRYING ABOUT ALL CAPS,,, JUST DON'T READ IT,, YOU CAN JUST AS EASILY SCROLL BY MY MESSAGE, AS I CAN TYPE TO PLEASE YOU,,, WAH,, WAH,,WAH,,,, DAY,,
I'm curious why it is the guys that have a crappy, obnoxious attitude are the same ones always having problems. A connection you think?

There is a whole new happy world out there when you take the sour off your puss!

The new transmitter will work fine if you don't gloom and doom it to death
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sophomoric attempt at humor deleted.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"Day"????

What the heck is that supposed to mean?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

The sign in my dad's business 50+ years ago read:

Wyizzit there are so many more orizzes azzes than there are orrizzes.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:49 PM
1UGLYPUG

Let's see what kind of attitude you would have if you had a bad radio that cost you 3 planes,, ,and when you got it back from being "repaired", it caused you to lose another plane,,,,, maybe if you were not so thick and quick to spout out slime at others, you could see the cause and effect of a bad radio on your attitude,,, I have no problems with the other identical 6EX FASST radio I have,,, but a piece of junk with an intermittent problem will ruin your attitude real quick,,,,, In fact, it was the other good transmitter that I used to prove the receivers were good, and the transmitter was junk,,, If I had the same attitude you have, I would wish you would get a bad radio and lose 4 planes,,, but, I am not like you,, I don't make smart remarks about the bad luck of others, and don't wish it on you,,,, DAY....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.