Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 6EX W/JR 821 Servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:17 AM
2-Stroke Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 6EX W/JR 821 Servos

I'm just finishing up assembly of my new EF Chinn Yak55, Futaba 2.4 6ex Tx, 606 Rx, using JR 821 digital sport servos on 6V. I'm having a problem when switching from hi rate to low rate, all the servos centers will shift as if clicking the trims 1 or 2 clicks to the right. Click back to hi rate and surfaces center perfectly.

I have tried another Rx, same results. Called Futaba tech support and they were no help, other than telling me to get rid of the JR servos.

Thanks!
Freak
Old 04-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 6EX W/JR 821 Servos

I won't say it.... I won't say it.... I won't say it.....

Oh yes I will....

Welcome to the wonderful world of Futaba customer support...

I'm not sure exactly what's causing your problem but Futaba does center the servos at 1520 rather than the 1500 everybody else uses. There have also been some issues showing up with the signal voltage from some Futaba FASST rx's and Hitec servos.

Are you using any subtrim to center the servos? If so, try centering them mechanically. Do you have any Futaba servos laying around or that you could borrow to see if the same behavior exists?

I'm kind of shooting in the dark here as the last Futaba I had was a 9Z and one could adjust all the sub trims for each condition which is how I setup the multiple control deflection rates and your radio does not have that capability as far as I know.

Maybe someone else will have some other ideas for you but if a Futaba servo works okay, you may be stuck buying new servos. I'll have to keep track of this thread to see if you find an answer as it's not something I've seen posted anywhere before.