Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

There is a catch with the DX-6i!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:33 AM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default There is a catch with the DX-6i!

Hi!
Why can't I get the same servo travel (elev/rudder) on my V-tail Viper when I use my DX-6i as when I use the DX-7 (or any other JR radio for that matter)? I run 100% servo travel on both radios...even at max 125% travel (the DX-6i hasn't got 150% as the DX-7) it has less servo travel than the DX-7...???

This discrepancy makes it hard to change planes that has previously been run with other JR or DX-7 radios. You can't get the same amount of servo travel !!!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:10 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: There is a catch with the DX-6i!

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
Why can't I get the same servo travel (elev/rudder) on my V-tail Viper when I use my DX-6i as when I use the DX-7 (or any other JR radio for that matter)? I run 100% servo travel on both radios...even at max 125% travel (the DX-6i hasn't got 150% as the DX-7) it has less servo travel than the DX-7...???

This discrepancy makes it hard to change planes that has previously been run with other JR or DX-7 radios. You can't get the same amount of servo travel !!!
The travel and the expo are different -comparing DX6i with DX7/9303.
They are not made by same mfgr's and as such are simply tailored differently-
Iran comparison tests -found the throttle travel is also "different" when setup with electric motors

The bottom line - these are different systems -the DX61i functions extremely well but does not share JR's setups.