Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 ghz Jammers

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
aydin3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 ghz Jammers

ORIGINAL: tadawson

without them actually attacking you first
That's a trip to death row . . . you CANNOT know for certain what is going to happen, until it begins to happen!

A lot of folks are blowhards, and never do 1% of the spew that comes out of their mouths.

This is undoubtedly NOT an example of justification!

or it would be lying in the pool of blood.
Or use a wee bit more brain, and just make a point of being elsewhere, or getting the appropriate law enforcement person(s)
involved . . .

- Tim
only works if you have proof....else they are not interested
Old 09-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Jaffray
My Feedback: (5)

Also illegal is to cross-thread the face of the no-lifes who are caught jamming R/C activities. We had an incident in which a car load of toilet-bowl-children were driving past the club field with a Tx out the window and a different freq dialed up each pass (confirmed with an analyzer). Guess what would have happened if one of us had managed to catch them??? Nevermind jail time or fines, what needs to be instilled in the minds of these and potential criminals is that being caught by the police and the FCC would be a picnic compared to being tortured by a modeller whose prized creation has been destroyed by such a prank. Chances are the modeller will get out of jail before the creeps get out of the hospital!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:46 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: Jaffray

Also illegal is to cross-thread the face of the no-lifes who are caught jamming R/C activities. We had an incident in which a car load of toilet-bowl-children were driving past the club field with a Tx out the window and a different freq dialed up each pass (confirmed with an analyzer). Guess what would have happened if one of us had managed to catch them??? Nevermind jail time or fines, what needs to be instilled in the minds of these and potential criminals is that being caught by the police and the FCC would be a picnic compared to being tortured by a modeller whose prized creation has been destroyed by such a prank. Chances are the modeller will get out of jail before the creeps get out of the hospital!
get out of hospital??? nah...not walking anyway....
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
HEMICUDA

Correctional law enforcement is looking into getting jammers for prisons because of the illegal use of cell phones by inmates. There are 3 state prisons within 20 miles of where I live.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: HEMICUDA

Correctional law enforcement is looking into getting jammers for prisons because of the illegal use of cell phones by inmates. There are 3 state prisons within 20 miles of where I live.
oooo...so the officials will officially break the law??cool there are a lot of jammers out in the wild. They are used in schools, halls and some cinemas. As long as the power is reasonable to the effect needed, then why shoujld anyone have aproblem with it?? The jammer law is old and out of date with reality and needs to be brought into the cell phone world. cell phones have their uses but the abuse by ignorant fools abounds and needs to have a reasonable answer.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:38 AM
jikeryma
Banned

Old 09-21-2010, 02:41 AM
jikeryma
Banned

Can you imaging that a beautiful painting is actually a cell phone blocker http://www.espow.com/wholesale-security-jammer.html?
Old 09-21-2010, 11:46 AM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: jikeryma

Can you imaging that a beautiful painting is actually a cell phone blocker http://www.espow.com/wholesale-security-jammer.html?
WOW!!ILOVEIT!!gotta get me a few of those and give them to people who use their pone far too much
Old 09-21-2010, 08:48 PM
tadawson

Beautiful painting? I've got some paint by number kits that my kid did when about 6 that I am sure that you would love too . . .

Not only illegal as heck, but ugly too!

No way, no how, no time . . .

- Tim
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Stupid question, but would a signal jammer not be a transmitter, too?
Technically the FCC could approve one and call it a "communication device" and all it would be to them is just another transmitter.

Sorry if this came up already, didn't read all 4 pages...us RC car guys have a short attention span
Old 09-21-2010, 09:01 PM
aydin3

Beautiful painting? I've got some paint by number kits that my kid did when about 6 that I am sure that you would love too . . .

Not only illegal as heck, but ugly too!

No way, no how, no time . . .

- Tim
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...as for illegal? who cares as long as the damn phones and texting get stopped!!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:26 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Stupid question, but would a signal jammer not be a transmitter, too?
Technically the FCC could approve one and call it a "communication device" and all it would be to them is just another transmitter.

Sorry if this came up already, didn't read all 4 pages...us RC car guys have a short attention span
it is a tx but a 'dirty' one...completely swamps the legal band so signals cannot get through. FCC will not approve that methinks so it will remain illegal BUT the Guvment can do as they please
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Right, but if they approved one, it'd still be a transmitter that was FCC approved.

Just thinking out loud.

75mhz never felt so good
Old 09-21-2010, 10:03 PM
aydin3

Right, but if they approved one, it'd still be a transmitter that was FCC approved.

Just thinking out loud.

75mhz never felt so good
ROFL75 can be jammed just as easily <grin> but at least cars are not flying too high... mostly
Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

75 can be jammed more easily, but it's not as condusive to workplace productivity to jam 75/72/etc
Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 AM
tadawson

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...as for illegal? who cares as long as the damn phones and texting get stopped!!
Who cares? You *should* . . . the fines are pretty severe, and it only takes *one* phone user who figures out what is going on to make a call, and you get an FCC visit . . .

Yeah, the ignorant masses are out of control with the phones, but this isn't the solution . . . businesses and employers simply need to set policies that phones in certain areas are not tolerated, and enforce it with expulsion or disciplinary action.

- Tim
Old 09-22-2010, 01:51 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Wonder if they make any of these that work from 12v.

Put it in the Jeep. Hilarity will ensue.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW!!! What a mature and intelligent individual.....
Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Yes, because screwing with somebody's cell phone reception on the freeway is destructive behavior.

Did you expect more from a guy that drives toy cars?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:41 PM
aydin3

yup..get an inverter just make sure you do not leave it on when you are not running the engine
Old 09-22-2010, 10:42 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: Woketman

WOW!!! What a mature and intelligent individual.....
yup..stop the fools who text and/or talk whilst driving....so intelligent to do that isn't it?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:44 PM
aydin3

Who cares? You *should* . . . the fines are pretty severe, and it only takes *one* phone user who figures out what is going on to make a call, and you get an FCC visit . . .

Yeah, the ignorant masses are out of control with the phones, but this isn't the solution . . . businesses and employers simply need to set policies that phones in certain areas are not tolerated, and enforce it with expulsion or disciplinary action.

- Tim
hmmm..how they going to make call when their phone cannot get any signal?? it is great fun watching the iggerent masses shake their phones in Wally Mart when I turn it on at the checkout...
Old 09-22-2010, 10:45 PM
aydin3

75 can be jammed more easily, but it's not as condusive to workplace productivity to jam 75/72/etc
<grin> that is true
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 AM
KB61

I'm just wondering?
Would it be illegal to jam a unlicensed range link or dragon link FPV flyer or operator. Of course causing a crash that created liability to  innocent people would not be without consequences, but it's an interesting question.
The illegal unlicensed person operating the RC system legally is breaking the FCC law and risking a heavy fine for each time it's done. The person jamming is risking a FCC fine for jamming.
But... is it jamming if the person bring jammed is not authorized to operate or transmit in the first place? Taking it one step farther, does the illegal non licensed 433/900 mhz operator risk exposing his illegal operating and power levels to sue in court of involve the FCC?
If both persons are actually involved in a legal action or lawsuit over equipment damage, whom would come out the winner in a court of law or in the FCC eyes?
I was asked this actual question and had no answer.
It is an interesting? 
Many flyers are acting like 2.4g is bullet proof and unlike in the past when we could shoot each other down, are losing some of the sportsmanship attitude and just have attitude.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: KB61

I'm just wondering?
Would it be illegal to jam a unlicensed range link or dragon link FPV flyer or operator. Of course causing a crash that created liability to innocent people would not be without consequences, but it's an interesting question.
The illegal unlicensed person operating the RC system legally is breaking the FCC law and risking a heavy fine for each time it's done. The person jamming is risking a FCC fine for jamming.
But... is it jamming if the person bring jammed is not authorized to operate or transmit in the first place? Taking it one step farther, does the illegal non licensed 433/900 mhz operator risk exposing his illegal operating and power levels to sue in court of involve the FCC?
If both persons are actually involved in a legal action or lawsuit over equipment damage, whom would come out the winner in a court of law or in the FCC eyes?
I was asked this actual question and had no answer.
It is an interesting?
Many flyers are acting like 2.4g is bullet proof and unlike in the past when we could shoot each other down, are losing some of the sportsmanship attitude and just have attitude.

After years of 72Mhz, 2.4Ghz is like heaven. Very little if any Interference (in our area). Most issues are operator related.

There were a couple of years where Ch44 and Ch46 seemed to be targeted and Jamming was suspected, but none were discovered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.