Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX6i and eflight gyro-bld400

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 03:03 AM
DKPatrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6i and eflight gyro-bld400

Can anyone tell me why my rudder servo will move any time the radio/receiver is on whether stick is moved or not?
Here is the issue....while hovering one day the tail made a sharp, quick turn to the right...90 degs in the blink of an eye. I have since had issues with the tail servo being in the nuetral position and when batt is plugged in, tx on, the rotor blades slowly go to full travel....about 3-4 secs from nuetral to full.....you can bring it right back with a stick input, but with-in 2-3 secs, the servo is moving again to full travel and it may be either direction. I have read both the Bld400 manual and the spectrum manual and have found nothing...I tried a new servo (Hitech HS 5065MG) and it does the same thing. I've put the load meter between all servos and receiver and have no high-load draws.
I have also had the TX drop the default bld400 set-up 3 times now as well....just by shutting the TX off. when you turn it back on, the memory is gone....Model name is there but 400 defaults are back to spectrum factory defaults. By using the on-line program guide I've been able to set it back up.
First problem was TX would drop CCPM 120 and default to 1 servo 90degs which was easy to catch because swash-plate was fwd and left when linked up.
I'm just fed up with this as it's only 3 weeks old..I've talked with Horizon and they want the TX and now the TX and Gyro. Yea, I guess thats ok but I also have 1 other heli and 2 airplanes on this TX. With carbon and aluminum up-grades, I should've just flushed the 600$ down the pot.
Frustrating....never had any problems with my 2 9303's on PCM....never had any servo issues or Gyro issues.
If anyone has anything to add, I'd like to hear it......I'll be sending the TX and Gyro in but it's just down-right frustrating...
This is also one huge draw-back to having Model memory...you can't fly anything else you have on that TX if the radio needs work.....[]