Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ServoCity???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 12:26 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ServoCity???

I second the assertion that they are a great bunch of people. I have to date placed about five orders with Brian. I have always received my order in a very short time, and with a hand written thank you note. They are first rate IMO.

Vince
Old 07-12-2002, 02:55 PM
augiep38
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ServoCity???

I sure am glad that the majority of people had a good experience with ServoCity.

My personal experience flat out stunk!

I placed an web order 7/3/02. I figured the order would be somewhat delayed due to the holiday. I got a email confirmation. I waited and waited and waited. Nothing came. I checked my online cc statement last night 7/11/02 and my credit card was charged 7/4/02.

I called this morning 7/12/02 and was told by a lady they would research and call me back. I got a call from Tom to tell me the following:

The flight pack I ordered was on channel 17 and they didn't have any 17 crystals in stock when I placed my order. They received the crystal to find that they had taken the servos from my flight pack to fill another order. They now didn't have the servos to fill my order. They would have upgraded to a differnt servo, but they didn't have any of them in stock either.

So a week and a half after placing my order, I do not have anything to show for it, my credit card was charged, and I wasted 1/2 hour this morning to resolve the problem. I ended up cancelling the order and now I am hoping they credit my card like they are supposed to.

They were nice and appologized to me, but it doesn't help my servo situation any quicker.

I will never order from them again and if anyone asks me I will tell my story as to why I wouldn't.

My confirmation email said they don't have an advertising budget so that they can cut costs. They depend on word of mouth.

Well, thanks for nothing and heres $5.00 worth of advertising.

Todd
Old 07-12-2002, 04:20 PM
rcflier_gi
My Feedback: (2)

Default ServoCity???

I have ordered from them numerous times. Shipment always arrived in 2 or 3 days. I had a shortage on one order but was quickly resolved with one phone call. Will definitely do more business with them
Old 10-08-2002, 01:10 AM
flybyenite

Default servocity

I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth. My experience with ServoCity was unpleasent at best. Although Tom (Brian's dad) is quick to provide good customer service and ship out the orders as fast as he can, the whole operation doesn't give him the orders in a timely manner, and a lot of the parts on the site aren't even in stock. If they don't have them, why don't they sell them? Shouldn't the site say they're out of stock like other e-commerce sites? Or at least tell you when they MIGHT have them? Moreover, why are they charging people's credit cards for items they cannot provide? And, yes, the BEST way to order from them is over the phone. Their site is NOT integrated with the post office (THERE IS NO WEB INTEGRATION WITH THE USPS!!!! -- only Fedex and UPS) nor is their inventory. If their inventory was integrated with the site, then Tom would be able to look on his computer and see the order AND the inventory and tell you that your order cannot be filled. Even then, why did the order go through over the site if the part is not in stock? And the shopping cart! It's not even theirs! I've heard of 3rd party carts leaking CC numbers. And tell me how a 3rd party shopping cart ties into another's inventory database! Yeah, right. That's all balogna. Like I said, if you're going to place an order with these yahoos, call them. And if you're actually fortunate enough to talk to Brian and not his voicemail, don't believe everything he tells you.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:17 AM
rcflier_gi

Default Re: servocity

Originally posted by flybyenite
I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth. My experience with ServoCity was unpleasent at best. Although Tom (Brian's dad) is quick to provide good customer service and ship out the orders as fast as he can, the whole operation doesn't give him the orders in a timely manner, and a lot of the parts on the site aren't even in stock. If they don't have them, why don't they sell them? Shouldn't the site say they're out of stock like other e-commerce sites? Or at least tell you when they MIGHT have them? Moreover, why are they charging people's credit cards for items they cannot provide? And, yes, the BEST way to order from them is over the phone. Their site is NOT integrated with the post office (THERE IS NO WEB INTEGRATION WITH THE USPS!!!! -- only Fedex and UPS) nor is their inventory. If their inventory was integrated with the site, then Tom would be able to look on his computer and see the order AND the inventory and tell you that your order cannot be filled. Even then, why did the order go through over the site if the part is not in stock? And the shopping cart! It's not even theirs! I've heard of 3rd party carts leaking CC numbers. And tell me how a 3rd party shopping cart ties into another's inventory database! Yeah, right. That's all balogna. Like I said, if you're going to place an order with these yahoos, call them. And if you're actually fortunate enough to talk to Brian and not his voicemail, don't believe everything he tells you.
Did you just sign up with RCU so you can bash :boxing: ServoCity ? What competitor do you work for ? :angry:

Their prices are the best around, shipping is free and all my orders arrived in two or three days.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:40 AM
flybyenite

Default Honesty

Sir, I'm sorry if I sounded like I was "bashing" them. I am a religous man and only speak the truth. I do not work for any competitor. I am just a hobbyist that likes to do business with honest people, even if it costs me more money.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Fishstyx
My Feedback: (15)

Default ServoCity???

Just becuase they are not technically savvy does not mean they aren't honest. I have done business with them and yes, their point of sale system and associated business processes could use some work, but I believe in my heart that they are honest people and make a genuine effort to make it right. If you want the function and integration of a million dollar eCommerce solution, visit http://www.towerhobbies.com . If you want to save $$$ on raido gear, shipping, etc., do buisness with ServoCity. So what if you have to call to clear something up, it beats eBay.

Jason
Old 10-17-2002, 07:23 PM
trailingedge

Default ServoCity???

I've designed a few e commerce sites in the past so I can speak with a little experience on this subject. IT'S NOT EASY. The first thing that has to go into play is an inventory tracking system connected to a database (screw up here and the inventory is wrong). Next is a site that connects to the database to show inventory (remember you have to secure all of this to keep wandering long noses from playing in your database). Then you can start on the secure transaction sections that take your card number along with your order, total, and all that other necessary stuff (this has to subtract from inventory so that no one orders something that just ran out). One wrong step at any point will give you wrong data and you usually don't find out about it until you start getting complaints (all at one time). So don't be too critical about a small mom and pop company trying to expand webwise. I'm sure they don't have a huge I.T. department to work round the clock to fix things. They will get it right (when it's working well it usually stays that way).

Woa.. typed too much... break went too fast today.........just my $.02 guys take it for what it's worth.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:06 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thumbs UP

I have been dealing with ServoCity for over a year, and have ordered from them at least 7 times. I have never had a problem with their service. They have always offered free shipping, and I have never waited more than 5 days for an order. I have purchased recievers, flight packs, servos, and transmitters from them, and they have always been of good quality. The people answering the phone have always been pleasant and helpful. I have never been charged for anything they did not ship, and have never been charged before they shipped it.
On one occasion I ordered a set of servo gears for a stripped servo. When my order came in, I recieved a new servo, and was only charged for the servo gears ($3). I have recommended them to my friends and none of them have had any problems ordering from ServoCity. They are a great asset to our modeling community, and I hate to hear them being bashed on this site.
I would highly reccomend them. I do not know them personally nor have any vested interest in their company, but am only speaking of my experiences with them. Do not be scared to order from them, if you are scared of their internet order system, pick up the phone and speak to them in person, either way you will get good service.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:19 PM
pave-low

Default ServoCity???

I have to jump in here. They are flat out awesome to deal with. I get my stuff within 1-2 days! The best prices I have been able to find on a whole lot of stuff and free shipping! I have been buying small items from them for over a year and had great success. They did forgot one set of Ball-Ends on an order last spring. 1 e-mail latter and 2 days latter I had them in my mailbox plus the sent me 4 instead of the 2 I was missing. I haven't bought a lot of expensive items from them. Maybe they just have smaller inventory but for Sky Scooter parts, servo connectors, rods/links, servos, and Crystals they can't be beat!

Heck if they would start carrying helicopter parts I wouldn't go anywhere else (well Heli-world has been good to me too so maybe not). I have had much worse shipping/tracking problems with Tower Hobbies and I still really like Tower and continue to use them as well but for low prices and free shipping Servo City has been good to me. Everyone has problems with delivery now and then.

Just my experience.

THX-
Old 10-17-2002, 09:22 PM
Scorpionjack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo City

Ditto! They are such a good bunch to deal with. Can't anything better than it's been a pleasure to deal with them.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:33 AM
Which_way_is_up-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Default ServoCity???

I've ordered 5 or 6 times from ServoCity and I've always gotten a complete and correct order and fast. Brian and his dad are great. All I can say is pick up the phone to place your orders, it's toll free. E-business is not better then everything all the time!

Roy
Old 10-18-2002, 01:20 PM
trailingedge

Default ServoCity???

I intend to order from this company based on the good things I hear from them, and I'll use the website to order as I don't believe that a company will invest that much money in an E commerce site and not fix bugs that pop up.

Which_way_is_up I won't start a war over E commerce. I'll just say that a sales site is only as good as the guy(s) writing the code.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:31 PM
Which_way_is_up-RCU

Default ServoCity???

trailingedge

Don't get me wrong I have respect for software developers. It's just that in some situations it takes economy of scale to justify an application and in the case of Servocity I use their web site as a catalog and then simply call them to place the order. As an engineer type I always have questions that require a phone call. Be it Servocity, Tower Hobby, etc. Now buying a book from Amazon.com is a different story. That's were an automated e-commerce system is in it prime.

"I'll just say that a sales site is only as good as the guy(s) writing the code."

Amen to that and the money to pay him/her for the effort!

Just my 2 cents on life
Old 10-19-2002, 01:55 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ServoCity???

There is a lot of positive here about Servo City. I will deal with them without any hesitation. Thanks Captijohn
Old 10-20-2002, 11:25 AM
trailingedge

Default ServoCity???

Engineer type??????? THAT EXPLAINS IT. AAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Those people who build things and break them to see how much they can handle.... The ones put on the earth to give I.T. guys a hard time. NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Just poking at ya Which_way_is_up. Some of my best friends are engineers and I hold them with the highest reguards. I have seen some very interactive sites, but it's easy to tell that a large company invested $$$ to make them that way. I'll have to agree that in this case the phone is the best way to go if you have questions (did I just say that? *grinding teeth*).
Old 10-20-2002, 06:02 PM
Mikee-RCU

Default ServoCity???

I placed an order, actually my first and last order from them 3-1/2 months ago. After two weeks I emailed them about the status of my order and got a reply back after two days and was told some of my order was on back order. It took another two weeks to get the order from them and then there were still items on back order and was told that they would be shipped asap. I waited a month then emailed them to find out what was going on. I sent them 3 emails over a two week period. They didn't have the courtesy to send one back and tell me why the rest of my order wasn't being sent. I finally sent a letter with a copy of my receipt showing the back ordered items on it. I received them 10 days later. I'll won't do business with them again.

Mikee
Old 10-20-2002, 08:56 PM
sigflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Default ServoCity???

Can’t say my experience was a lovely one. I was working in a project and was about two weeks out on completion. I ordered a 605BB flight pack…..took about 3 weeks to get. Order number two was about the same. I will probably order from them again but will plan on long delivery for orders.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:05 PM
ilrcflyboy
My Feedback: (5)

Default Speedy delivery...

I ordered my first flight pack from ServoCity Saturday. It shipped Tuesday and was in my hands Thursday. I picked up the phone and called prior to receiving the shipment because my bank account didn't show a withdrawal at shipping time. The representative reported that my flight pack shipped and gave me the USPS tracking number. No need, of course.

Products are wonderful and I look forward to doing business with ServoCity.com again.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:04 AM
dmajchrzak
My Feedback: (17)

Default ServoCity???

aw what the heck... I'll chime in.

I've ordered from Servo City about 4 times. Three were beyond excellent. Stuff was instock - shipped immediately and was received FAST. Once, they were back ordered on one item and I had to call them to find out what happened to my order.

I think Servo city is a great company but they need to call or email when an item is backordered.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:29 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Default Re: Re: servocity

Originally posted by rcflier_gi

Did you just sign up with RCU so you can bash :boxing: ServoCity ? What competitor do you work for ? :angry:

Their prices are the best around, shipping is free and all my orders arrived in two or three days.
Ordered $595 worth of servos, arms and connectors on 5 Oct. Today is the 25th. Nothing yet.

Not everybody is having the same luck that you are.

Don
Old 10-25-2002, 08:51 PM
Which_way_is_up-RCU

Default ServoCity???

trailingedge

Engineers and software developers rule together!

hattend

Sorry to hear you're problems! I just ordered a couple dozen servo arms, servo gear sets, etc. from ServoCity this week and already got them!

I guess reality is that folks probably have problems with EVERY company, Tower Hobby, Hobby People, Horizon, etc. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF WHETHER IT'S WORTH ALL THIS BANDWIDTH?