Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Welll, tester/tester is the one the HP-22 goes to get 1.07. At least for me. The other one is the path to the latest HP-22 software 1.02. If you do not have 1.02 installed you cannot get to tester/tester.

jim D

Old 07-23-2010, 12:01 PM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

Interesting, but I still dont understand the need for the tester/tester.htm link as a end user.. Once the hpp-22 v1.02 is installed it goes and gets Tx v1.07 and the latest versions for the module and Rx automatically.

Cheers.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:46 AM
fredz69

ORIGINAL: ExcaliburIII

Excellent spreadsheeet I can only find the need for a few additions. In the switch section the option to tag what channel the DR/Expo is for and Opti-Kill. Nameing of conditions and P-mixes Is the sheet protected and locked? Tried to add to the pull downs but couldn't get it to take.
Keep up the good work.
Wallygator
Hi Wallygator

Thanks for your thoughts

Never thought of that for the DR/Expo, you could always just type it in the free box under which switch you assign.
You got me on the Opti-kill, what is that?
With the FLT Cond, you can type in the green boxes.
With the drop down cells do that by default and I just left it that way, if you want to type in a value you can turn off the "Error Alert". Select the cells you want to unlock, go to the Data Menu, then Validation, then the third tab "Error Alert" and uncheck the box and you are good to go

Greg
Old 07-24-2010, 06:30 AM
JIMF14D

Yes and the place the HP-22 goes is tester/tester.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

I have a question , and need a little help .

In my P-51 Giant , I have a servo for the rudder , and one for the tail wheel . When I had my JR 7202 , I had a match Box for the tail wheel and rudder . Now I have the rudder in it,s own channel , and the tail wheel in channel 8 , mixed to rudder .

here is my question :

Am I able to put expo and/or duel rate only on channel 8 ?

Thanks for looking

Michel
Old 07-24-2010, 05:44 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle
here is my question :

Thanks for looking

Michel
I would like to know the answer to this as well.!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:07 PM
JIMF14D

Me too!

Iwould think you could get a low rate (throw) on channel 8 just by setting the EPA end points so the throw is much lower than the rudder. If that worked you might not need Expo on 8 since you have expo on a smaller number via the rudder.

Cannot wait until the Hitec guys tell me Iam full of it.........
Old 07-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Michel

Hi

The reason is very simple .

There is a BIG difference from a tarmac and a grass runway . . On a grass runway you can get away with a slip of the tail wheel , this action does not happen on a tarmac . So , .......... on takeoff ( especially on a cross wind ) I would like full rudder , and expo on my tail wheel . Once that tail wheel lifts off , I,m on rudder , and off to the wild blue yonder .

Michel
Old 07-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Michel

Hi

Here,s a second thought ,.................................. what about if I slow the speed of the servo down on channel #8

BTW Jim , I already did this :Cannot wait until the Hitec guys tell me I am full of it........

Michel
Old 07-24-2010, 07:51 PM
turboyam

Yeah Michel , use servo speed, u should have known!!!.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 PM
turboyam

I have a question tho... On an Heli, if i am enabling "failsafe", how can i program a zero pitch (mid stick) main rotor AND
a "idle" engine (low stick) at the same time ???.
[Michel, you recognized me now?]...
Thanks guys!.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Michel

Hi

That does NOT answer the question Servo speed may be a disadvantage at some situation on the runway , such as safety

Can Expo and Duel rate be applied to AUX channels ?

Michel
Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 PM
zero244

ORIGINAL: turboyam

Yeah Michel , use servo speed, u should have known!!!.
Can you slow down analog servo's or do they need to be digital servo's.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Michel

I have a question tho... On an Heli, if i am enabling ''failsafe'', how can i program a zero pitch (mid stick) main rotor AND
a ''idle'' engine (low stick) at the same time ???.
Thanks guys!.

Hi

Yep ,............................ with that question I do

A fellow Aurora 9,er

BTW ,.................. the 450 and the trans are in the shop for set-up , should have it back next week

Michel
Old 07-24-2010, 10:26 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle Hi I have a question , and need a little help . In my P-51 Giant , I have a servo for the rudder , and one for the tail wheel . When I had my JR 7202 , I had a match Box for the tail wheel and rudder . Now I have the rudder in it,s own channel , and the tail wheel in channel 8 , mixed to rudder . here is my question : Am I able to put expo and/or duel rate only on channel 8 ? Thanks for looking Michel
Not as such,but what you can do is to P-Mix the tail wheel with the rudder as a percentage of the rudder movement.
Switch is optional,permits mix onwhilst on ground/taxiing and off whilst in flightin ordertail wheel is not flopping around inside the fuselage.

Try - Select [Model] > [P>Mixes] > 1. [act] > [RUDD.-.AUX4] > return & select [Rudd_AUX4] >Rate L&R [+50%] > Switch > Select "B" etc as desired> return model menu >[monitor] and observe relativemovements. (note: not tried onan actual model - just on the A9's monitor screen).

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 07-25-2010, 01:29 AM
fredz69

ORIGINAL: fredz69

ORIGINAL: ExcaliburIII

Excellent spreadsheeet I can only find the need for a few additions. In the switch section the option to tag what channel the DR/Expo is for and Opti-Kill. Nameing of conditions and P-mixes Is the sheet protected and locked? Tried to add to the pull downs but couldn't get it to take.
Keep up the good work.
Wallygator
Hi Wallygator

Thanks for your thoughts

Never thought of that for the DR/Expo, you could always just type it in the free box under which switch you assign.
You got me on the Opti-kill, what is that?
With the FLT Cond, you can type in the green boxes.
With the drop down cells do that by default and I just left it that way, if you want to type in a value you can turn off the ''Error Alert''. Select the cells you want to unlock, go to the Data Menu, then Validation, then the third tab ''Error Alert'' and uncheck the box and you are good to go

Greg

Hi All

I have updated the spreadsheet with the following as per user requests

- Added capability within the switch section to show which channel/s have D/R & Expo
- Unlocked the P-Mix description to allow typing

A.T.

Can you please edit the FAQ page as does not now need reference to post #2705 to unlock the cells

Thanks

Greg
Old 07-25-2010, 01:59 AM
MikeMayberry

Hi

In my P-51 Giant , I have a servo for the rudder , and one for the tail wheel . When I had my JR 7202 , I had a match Box for the tail wheel and rudder . Now I have the rudder in it,s own channel , and the tail wheel in channel 8 , mixed to rudder .

here is my question :

Thanks for looking

Michel
First things first... JimF, your full of it!

Here's how to do it... Assign tail wheel channel to RUD2:Null Then P-Mix using 7 point curve (6,7 or 8) RUDD->RUD2 and use the curve for Expo without having to sacrafice EPA, but that is settable too with points 1&7. You could even assign it to a switch if you want to and turn it off. Plus the Rudder Dual Rate will affect the tail wheel as well since it's RUD2.

Mike
Old 07-25-2010, 02:05 AM
MikeMayberry

I have a question tho... On an Heli, if i am enabling ''failsafe'', how can i program a zero pitch (mid stick) main rotor AND
a ''idle'' engine (low stick) at the same time ???.
Thanks guys!.
Excellent video on it here from Finless Bob at Heli Freaks:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=223607
Old 07-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Michel

Hi

AT and Mike thanks for the help , I will initiate both methods and observe what comes out of it . Didn,t think of the dual rudder thing .

Again ,................. Thanks

Michel
Old 07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
g_mkoch

Hello Mike

I got a few questions related to Servos
How do the Steel gears on the 7954 compare in strength the standard metal gears in other Hitec servos and how do they compare to the Titanium gears in the 7955

My question is that I'm putting together a 50cc and wanted to know if I should use 7955 all around or 7954 in the ail/ele and a 7950 on the rudder.
Also I'm planning on using Li-Ion UNREGULATED and to my understanding the 7955 can handle the high voltage without any problems.

Happy Landings
Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 PM
MikeMayberry

A little background... Titanium is as strong as Steel and 33% lighter. Because of this the Steel gears in the 7954 are machined further to be lighted so that the rotating mass is very similar to the 7955 but the cost is less and the performance is similar. Note that the 7954 is too new to make long term wear comparison to the 7955, but it should be be very low unlike Aluminum, brass, steel combos used in regular MG servos.

My advise is if you can save a few buck to make a difference to you then go with the 7954... if that's not a big deal then just go with the 7955's all around with the same power source.

Mike.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Michel

Hi

here is my question :

Thanks for looking

Michel
Hi Guys

Well , I found a way to put expo / dual rate , on the tail wheel . And the solution was so simple . I do WarBirds , not 3D , soooooo . I put the rudder on channel #8 , and the tail wheel on rudder . And all this ,.................... took me 3 minuts ( I know I,m slow ) . The only time I use rudder is when I,m landing to line up with the tarmack .

Any which way , this is the way that works for me . I tryed the other two solutions that Mike and AT , gave to me and they also worked . But , I found this to be the simplist

Just thought I would let you know

thanks for the help guys

Michel
Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 PM
zero244

Hi Guys

Well , I found a way to put expo / dual rate , on the tail wheel . And the solution was so simple . I do WarBirds , not 3D , soooooo . I put the rudder on channel #8 , and the tail wheel on rudder . And all this ,.................... took me 3 minuts ( I know I,m slow ) . The only time I use rudder is when I,m landing to line up with the tarmack .

Any which way , this is the way that works for me . I tryed the other two solutions that Mike and AT , gave to me and they also worked . But , I found this to be the simplist

Just thought I would let you know

thanks for the help guys

Michel
That sounds like a clever work around..........the A9 is very flexible.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:34 PM
MikeMayberry

FYI: The HPP-22 version upgrade to v1.03 is now available. With this update the Aurora 9 can have 4 additional languages. English is still the default language, but now you can install German, French, Italian, and Czech as an option, and by end of this month Spanish will also be available.

Just launch the program you already have installed on your computer and you will be prompted to update.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Michel

Hi

What ,............................... NO Greek ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.