Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:26 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: Striker

Never had issues with Futabe.
I have never had issues with Futaba, JR/Spektrum, or Hitec, but I know they all have had issues at one time or another.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:20 AM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

ORIGINAL: vasek

I love this TX but disappointed that the first batch had so many issues...
I think you're not being fair... Hitec came out with a superior product compared to others in this business.
Be glad you didn't buy the early Spektrum
Superior in what way? Dependability? You must be thinking of Futaba.

It's pretty obvious to everyone else he is talking about Hitec. If you don't have an Aurora you aren't qualified to make judgement on it. I am because I have owned both and I have had no trouble with either.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:54 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I did the updates Alan, really neat new features. I love this TX but disappointed that the first batch had so many issues. Hitec assured me that the TX will be perfect when they return it, I would have been happy and felt more safe had they replace it with one manufactured after April 2010.

After spending another $ 100 just to ship it there I should have put the extra $200 and bought a new one.
I recently returned my early production A9 to Hitec for service. Though it had been flawless all last season, it developed some quirks over the winter. No, these issues were not related to the 1.08 upgrade. They replaced the motherboard in the transmitter and the radio has so far been flawless. With all the talk in this and other forums and my radio having problems, I had lost confidence in the radio. But now returned and being used regularly again, it is once again working extremely well and completely up to my expectations.

I have to believe the vast majority of A9 users have had zero problems with their radios. I'm not sure what you refer to when you say the first batch of radios had "so many issues". I'd suggest the list is a relatively short one for the most part.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:10 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

Never had issues with Futabe.

I have. I was an early adopter of the 2.4 6EX. Sent in twice in the first year of ownership for "issues".
Old 06-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Striker

ORIGINAL: Truckracer
I'm not sure what you refer to when you say the first batch of radios had ''so many issues''. I'd suggest the list is a relatively short one for the most part.
The common consensus is that the A9's built before May of 2010 (mine included) had dead zone issues, freezing issues and intermittant lock up, all of wihich mine has.

Here is a link to an electronic tech, as myself, who has the dead zone issue down to a science literally. http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/aurora9issues.shtml

I am trying to get HiTec to replace my TX with one after that production date but they have assured me that mine will be flawless when they send it back. I will be using mine a lot in Barbados and it will suck if it starts failing there.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Striker,

I was aware of the "dead zone" issue and my early transmitter did not have this problem. On the other hand, I follow several forums and have heard very little about any "freezing" or "Lock up" issues other than what has been reported recently. In fact, for the most part most forums pretty much called the A9 God's gift to radios as it had very few issues during most of the first 1 1/2 or so years it was around. A small failure rate could be expected and would be considered normal. Few new radios have had such a trouble free introduction, regardless of brand. Before it was repaired, even my radio had a flawless link with the airplane.

At any rate, after the mother board replacement, my radio continues to fly glitch free. I hope yours will be the same upon its return to you.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Striker

ORIGINAL: Truckracer

Striker,

I was aware of the ''dead zone'' issue and my early transmitter did not have this problem. On the other hand, I follow several forums and have heard very little about any ''freezing'' or ''Lock up'' issues other than what has been reported recently. In fact, for the most part most forums pretty much called the A9 God's gift to radios as it had very few issues during most of the first 1 1/2 or so years it was around. A small failure rate could be expected and would be considered normal. Few new radios have had such a trouble free introduction, regardless of brand. Before it was repaired, even my radio had a flawless link with the airplane.

At any rate, after the mother board replacement, my radio continues to fly glitch free. I hope yours will be the same upon its return to you.
Thanks for the reply truck racer.

I do like this TX and believe it or not my bad luck is following me. I paid $ 100 bucks to get the TX shipped to the US overnight since last week, its still sitting here in Canada because of a postal strike.

I was just on the phone with HH asking if I can get a discounted price on a new one. I don't mind having two of them. Hobby people have a great deal on $349 with a 9 channel RX.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Striker

No Go for HH, I am willing to buy another one at a discounted price, they wont do it.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:06 PM
PT19

Hi I haven't looked at this post in a while was goint to buy an opto switch and got in all the talk. I have a pre April 2010 9 and I love it but I lost an old friend this week, blamed it on pilot error, now all this talk has me worried. Should I just send it back or is there something I can check.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:20 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No Go for HH, I am willing to buy another one at a discounted price, they wont do it.
By HH Horizon Hobby?? Why would they go for a discount deal?

Old 06-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Striker

ORIGINAL: 4*60

By HH Horizon Hobby?? Why would they go for a discount deal?

Hit my nick, look up my posts.

I went ahead and bough another one with a nine channel receiver toady.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Striker

ORIGINAL: PT19

Hi I haven't looked at this post in a while was goint to buy an opto switch and got in all the talk. I have a pre April 2010 9 and I love it but I lost an old friend this week, blamed it on pilot error, now all this talk has me worried. Should I just send it back or is there something I can check.
If you don't have the issues listed on some of the posts here including mine you should be OK. You might have the dead band issue though but its not going to make you crash.

BTW, there are some problems with some of the opti switches.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:10 AM
richardgerardi

Getting ttis radio tomorrow for father's day. Hope is a good radio. I have the DX7 and futaba 7c both 2.4 and like them both. But for the price and to have 9 channels thought this one was a good deal.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:36 AM
AJsToyz

I have owned both the 7C and the DX7 and liked them both. I have the Aurora 9 and don't miss the others at all.

Andy
Old 06-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Striker

ORIGINAL: richardgerardi

Getting ttis radio tomorrow for father's day. Hope is a good radio. I have the DX7 and futaba 7c both 2.4 and like them both. But for the price and to have 9 channels thought this one was a good deal.
I its a great radio, I hope you got it. The later production TX does not have the issues mine had, don't worry. Just get all the software updates done on the TX, TX Module and the RX.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:34 AM
richardgerardi

Stiker- got the radio. I will be playing with it this weekend. kinda strange that u can get updates for a tx. I don't know what year it was built got it from Tower hopefully it has no problems. It looks really cool.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Striker

ORIGINAL: richardgerardi

Stiker- got the radio. I will be playing with it this weekend. kinda strange that u can get updates for a tx. I don't know what year it was built got it from Tower hopefully it has no problems. It looks really cool.
Congrats, its a great TX.
Yes you can get updates for any microprocessed controlled device of any sort, this TX included. Its easy to see if it has the dead zone issues. I bought another one a few days ago, no issues so far, I think you will be OK

Its only the first batch which had issues and just for a few months, all of those would have been on the market by now.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: A.T. <snip>

The 72 Spectra Pro module manual, as lodged with FCC,
Spectra Pro 72MHz PPM/QPCM Module - Manual - & Pictures - ETA stores end April 2011.)
under range test:
"Warning!
- Do the range check before each flying session to confirm the
radio system is working properly.
- Do the range check before the engine or motor is started."

may have been amended otherwise suggest amend to read:
- Do the range check with the engine or motor running and whilst cycled up <> down
or add
"and repeat with Engine/Motor running which will highlight any vibration/electrical problems"
see also:Aurora 9 Range Test Procedure .5 g)
Any installed and models flown?
Reported that somereceived their Spectra Pro 2-3 weeks ago, perhaps a timelyreminder of above re range test..
Copy of package attached.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15257.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1626461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73286.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1626462   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28279.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1626463   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp39719.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1626464  
Old 06-27-2011, 05:02 AM
richardgerardi

Ok guys was playing with the radio last night. Hate learning a new radio. tried binding the 9ch receiver and could not. Do you set up the plane in the radio 1st or bind 1st. Last stupid question. Charged it over night and this morning the voltage was around 8.6. Is that normal. I'm used to my radios being in thye 11.5 range. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:47 AM
AJsToyz

Richard,

Did you hold the bind button on the Module on the Tx when you hit transmit and select yes? Also, if you hold the 8.4 on the touch screen it will go to percentage, and I think that will give you your answer.

Andy
Old 06-27-2011, 12:37 PM
richardgerardi

Yes did that. and it was blinking red on the back. Released that and held the one on the receiver turn it on and both red and blue lights came on but never blinked. One thing so far I liked is that you don't have to cut Futaba plugs as they fit perfectly. Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

After that, turn them both off and on again and they should be linked.

Mike.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
richardgerardi

Got it to work now need to figure out how to program 2 aileron and 2 flaps. So far like the radio
Old 06-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
If I,m not mistaken ,................... when you enter a new plane , the transmitter will ask you if you want , 1 or 2 ailerons or , one or two , flaps . And it designates channels for you , it,s that easy .

Michel
Old 06-28-2011, 12:37 PM
AJsToyz

Yep! It will ask if you have flaps and how many servo's for the flaps and ailerons. I love this radio!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.