Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Brendan Lugo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Were expecting our next shipments at the end of the month and then another shipment towards the end of Feburary. Between these two shipments it is expected to have all back orders filled and start to put stock on the hobby shop's shelves. Your guy's wait is almost over.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:34 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Telemetry

Where do the production units stand with telemetry features? What feature other than receiver battery voltage are available now and will be available within the next 6 months?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Striker

Promoting Hitec and the A9

Do I get a discount or commission?

Old 01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
firehopper

nothing is avail now, most telemetry stuff prolly avail in feb.

ORIGINAL: PlaneKrazee

Telemetry

Where do the production units stand with telemetry features? What feature other than receiver battery voltage are available now and will be available within the next 6 months?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
42etus
My Feedback: (2)

I want one.......................now!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Chancho

Tower just went from Late Jan to Mid February.Since I'm waiting I'm perplexed on the pricing:I see theReceivers list pricing at$135.95 and $97.95for the optima9 channel and 7 channel, respectively. That's a $38 difference.(Towers standard-discounted pricing is 99.99vs. 69.99- only a $30 difference) Shouldn't the list pricesfor the Radios 9 channel and7 channel be399.99 and 437.99?(I'm not complaining because it's still a great deal.)But am Ijust missing something here? I have the Aurora 9 channel version on backorder.. Butfor the$60 pricedifference It'd be better to order the 7 channel version and with the $60 savings and anadditional$40 I'd beable to buy a 9 channel receiver at the Tower discounted price of$99 AND have another 7 channel receiver...... And then the rebate of two receivers.... Idare not take myself out of the queue at this point or it'll be next February before Iget mine!

This is the most incredibleradio at the mostincredibleprice. If Hitec can keep up production and places like Tower's can keep themin stockthan I don't see how Futaba can compete in the 10 channel and below market.Ireally feel bad for the Futaba guys, they have families that need to eat, too. But Futaba hasgotten the lastradio dollar from me forsometime...I think in marketing this is called a lackadaisical approach to meeting the cunsumers needs in features and cost. And now, while the Futaba folks in Japan have been sitting on their laurels, raking in the profits from their monopoly - while offering substandard radios at a high price; our Korean friends have steamrolled them with the Aurora series features and pricing.

What's funny is when you sort through radios on Tower's website, http://www3.towerhobbies.com/listings/cat-j.html, they show the Futaba radio and the most popular radios within set price ranges. Of course Hitech's price range or picture is notshown and in the last few catalogues I've received from Tower, there is only a tiny little advert in the back of the magazine for the Aurora. The Futaba monopoly that has made it hard for guys like JR to compete, have to be outrage that one of their biggest distributors in the US, Tower, is going to now be the biggest distributor of a competitor they'd have never thought to be here. You've got to love the underdog in this story and I'll patiently continue to wait for my new Aurora..

Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Striker

I was a always a Futaba guy, went into the hobby shop to buy the new Futaba 2.4ghz 10 channel TX. While I was in the hobby shop I bought RC Airplane news, saw the Aurora 9, called up the very next morning and paid for one to be shipped overnight, I was totally blown away by this TX.

I stayed home from my business just to wait for the delivery of it I placed it on charge and spent almost 5 hrs learning it and doing some programming until after 3 the next morning

Guys hang tight and wait for this TX, those of you who know the power of the programming features would love this TX. With telemetry to come, Futaba and the rest have a nightmare on their hands. I think by the time they even catch up, Hitec will be too long the new top name and hard to beat.

You can almost bet, by the time the back orders are cleared, there are new Hitec radios being designed. I always knew Hitec would have come out with a superb TX one day, they were too quiet for to long, something was up and here it is.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My biggest concern is that they won't be able to have them in stock enough before the discount expires. I am hoping to save up enough money to buy one in mid Feb or early March, but I would be really bummed if there are non to be had.

Jon
Old 01-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Striker

ORIGINAL: Minnreefer

My biggest concern is that they won't be able to have them in stock enough before the discount expires. I am hoping to save up enough money to buy one in mid Feb or early March, but I would be really bummed if there are non to be had.

Jon
The offer lasts until the end of March, you have lots of time to save up money Quit all the other stuff you are doing which cost money, you would be surprised how fast it adds up [:-]

I just came up with great slogan for Hitec

The Greatest High Ever Is................ Hitec of course
Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 AM
boothg-3

i,m afraid that the receiver promotion will expire before we receive the radio,s
Old 01-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Striker

ORIGINAL: boothg-3

i,m afraid that the receiver promotion will expire before we receive the radio,s
I would think that if you placed and paid for the radio before March 31st that the receiver promotion will be honored. You should inquire, but I am almost sure they would.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:25 AM
griesel

I ordered three 6 channel receivers a couple of weeks ago. At that time they were listed by Tower
as available by late January. Now they are listed by mid February. If they do not get here soon I will use up
my last 7 channel. Have you delivered any 6 channel receivers?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 AM
89blackvert
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Striker

ORIGINAL: boothg-3

I would think that if you placed and paid for the radio before March 31st that the receiver promotion will be honored. You should inquire, but I am almost sure they would.

I would have to agree.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: griesel

I ordered three 6 channel receivers a couple of weeks ago. At that time they were listed by Tower
as available by late January. Now they are listed by mid February. If they do not get here soon I will use up
my last 7 channel. Have you delivered any 6 channel receivers?
Optima 6's are not due for another month or so. We just got the optima 9's in and started shipping them out today.

We're still over 2 months away from the deadline, so don't hit the panic button just yet! There will be many, many Aurora's shipped in Feb, and even more in March. If your radio has a coupon with it, you'll get the free RX no matter when you decide to cash it in.

Mike.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 AM
jather
My Feedback: (16)

I would like to jump in here a little and say ~ The frustration with the availability of this radio, is bad on both ends (retailers included). My first shipment of 75 A9's - 7ch, went in 2 days. Hitec is not releasing any information at this time as to ETA. Or even an amount at this time. I can tell you this, there is no way they will be able to make them fast enough this year alone. I can completely understand all this biting at the chops, over a radio of this caliber; especially for the simplicity of it's programming. (I watch guys with massive puzzle faces, head scratching frustration leave the field ~ Flightless. After owning this radio, I won't own anything else. This one's going to be hard to beat.) The Coupon, should be honored after 3-31, as long as your purchase date is is before then and indicated on your receipt. When you receive the radio, hitec is aware of the delay. Looking forward to telemetry and the usb cord. Good luck guys, everybody is on hold for now. But when you see it next, grab it, my supplier only gets 2500 at a time. We have a waiting list too, sheesh...
Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Striker

I really lucked out when I got mine, it was the last one they had and it was listed as backordered. Mine has the 9ch RX and I am happy I grabbed it.

I know everyone is anxious, but I cant elaborate how good this TX is and wish the guys wait on it.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 AM
flyingrally

Have you had many flights with your jets and the aurora now ? I am looking at putting my aurora on my new turbine and I will admidt to being stressed.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:38 AM
MikeAndersonCA

Hey gang, has anybody heard about anyone making alternate stick tops for this Tx? Does the A9 have the same threads as other Tx's for which there are alternate stick tops?
I'm personally looking for something with a wider diameter top . . . .
Old 01-22-2010, 09:02 AM
PlaneKrazee

Mike,

I had read some of the advertized telemetry expandability will not be incorporated into the transmitter/receiver do to parts unavailabilty. Is this true?

What telemetry will be available on current production transmitters within the next 6 months?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Striker

ORIGINAL: MikeAndersonCA

Hey gang, has anybody heard about anyone making alternate stick tops for this Tx? Does the A9 have the same threads as other Tx's for which there are alternate stick tops?
I'm personally looking for something with a wider diameter top . . . .
I machined mine for my 9 Cap 7 yrs ago. I have sold the radio to a friend with them by mistake and I doubt he will give them back to me [>:] I have to make another set for my A9, those bloody things are sharp. So on my next mod for the A9 would be the custom sticks and I will machine my own neck strap balancer. I am almost sure they have the same threads like all the other radios.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47814.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	1361453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69320.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	1361454  
Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Striker

Mike,

I had read some of the advertized telemetry expandability will not be incorporated into the transmitter/receiver do to parts unavailabilty. Is this true?

What telemetry will be available on current production transmitters within the next 6 months?

Where did you read that??????? i don't think Hitec will partake in false advertising.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 AM
PlaneKrazee

Mike,

Where did you read that??????? i don't think Hitec will partake in false advertising.
I thought I saw it in this thread. Not false advertizing, they reserve the right to make changes.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put my order in at my local hobby shop today...

Hope it doesn't take a month to get it!!!!!! [:@]
Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Striker

Mike,

I thought I saw it in this thread. Not false advertizing, they reserve the right to make changes.
I hope they don't, the purchase of my A9 was partially due to the expected telemetry features, you are scaring me now. I am sure Mike would respond to this when he has the time.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 AM
firehopper

Ithink it was the out of range thing. am not 100% sure though. hey mike or brendan. chime in will ya?

Mike,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.