Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FUTABA 127DF RX'S

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
tony0707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUTABA 127DF RX'S

HI LIKE TO CLEAR UP SOME CONFUSION REGARDING THE SALE OF THE USED FUTABA 127DF RX'S ON THE MARKET- PER MY CONVERSATION WITH A FUTABA TECH-THOSE RX'S CAN ONLY BE USED WITH THE CHANNEL -THAT IS ON THERE STICKER EX: A CHANNEL 60 CAN ONLY BE USED ON 60-I SEE A LOT OF THESE RX'S FOR SALE THAT INDICATE THEY ARE HIGH BAND 36-60-OR LOW BAND 11-35-(BEING SOLD WITH NO CRYSTAL )- YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE CHANNEL OF THE 127DF RX AND HAVE IT WORK ON ANY OTHER CHANNEL THAN WHAT THE RX STICKER SAYSON THE RX
I WAS TOLD BY A FEW SOURCESMY HOBBY SHOP FOR ONE THAT THESE CRYSTALS CAN BE CHANGEDIF YOU STAY IN THE HIGH OR LOW BAND FREQUENCY THIS SIMPLY PUT IS NOT TRUEA LOT OF THESE ARE ON THE MARKET DUE TO MANY CHANGING OVER TO THE 2.4 TECHNOLOGY- I WAS GETTING MIXED SIGNALS ON THIS SO I CONTACTED FUTABA TO GET THE FACTS-NOW YOU KNOW THE FACTS-ENJOY REGARDS TONY
Old 01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA 127DF RX'S

It all depends upon when the receiver was made. The Futaba R127DF receiver can usually take a frequency change of 2-4 channels either side of the one it came on if it has a channel number stickered to it. Later, they were marked for high band or low band, so you could freely change channels within the band. The latest ones were just sold without crystals, and you could install whatever crystal you desired. Likely, when you talked to the tech, they thought you were asking about using the receiver with a transmitter. You must have the receiver on the same channel as the transmitter for it to work, of course.

With transmitters, you cannot legally change the channel unless you are qualified and have the equipment to ensure that the transmitter is operating on-channel and within the power and bandwidth specifications.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony, I fly several 127DF receivers and you can change channels on them.They are hi/lo band sensitive but if your receiver currently has a Channel 60 crystal, it will handle any crystal from Ch 36 on up to CH 60. IEthe Hi band.

Your information that you posted that the receiver will only work on the channel that is stickered on the recevier is just wrong. That sicker only shows what channel crystal is isntalled.

Go to the Futaba Web site FUTABARC.com and search out the FAQs.

Don
Old 01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bax, as the first thing I do is pull any stickers off the receiver, is there another way to determine if the 127 is old iron or just hi/lo sensitive?

Don
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 AM
ronwc
My Feedback: (404)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Futaba website -

I have an older R127DF receiver that is not marked Hi or Low band, how can I tell which one I have?
If you will pull out your receiver crystal, look into the slot where it goes, you will see the backside of a PC board. If you see a red dot on the PC board then your receiver is High Band. No red dot? Then it is Low band.

If you have an R148DF/DP or R149DP there is a coil directly inside the crystal slot, if you will look at the coil closest to the antenna, this is where the red dot will be if you are on High band. Otherwise if there is no dot, it is again Low Band.

Please explain Hi and Low band to me? I am not sure what the difference is between them.
Most of our 72MHz receivers are now tuned to the center of either a low band frequency (channel 11 to channel 35) or high band (channel 36 to channel 60).

By tuning to each band, you can easily and safely change your receiver crystal to anywhere within this high or low band range, without having to send it in to be retuned.

If you have a receiver that is not marked as to which channel it is, or if it is not marked with a sticker that says if it is High or Low, you can check inside the crystal slot to see if there is a red mark. If there is a red mark, this indicates that the receiver is High band.

Part of the confusion, as mentioned by Bax above, is that Futaba has chnaged many times with many different rx's from high/low to all channels compatability - i usually just plug in what crystal I want, range check and fly, no problems -

Old 01-12-2010, 08:13 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

For the relatively low cost of getting a service center to change the channel and tune the receiver, it's worth it for me to have it checked out at the same time. Tuning often uncovers potential problems. This is ESPECIALLY true if you're buying USED.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:48 PM
tony0707

HI SO-CHANGE THE CRYSTAL -BE SURE TO STAY ON THE HIGH OR LOW BAND-be sure your tx is on ppm or pcm (depending on the rx )-range check the equipmentif it passes the range check all is good to go GO FLY YOUR AIRPLANE
like to add i use GE silcone two ( only that brand ) around all my rx crystals to prevent them from breaking the circit board due to vibration problems as i had that happen once in my early days of flyingnever has happened since i have done that ENJOY REGARDS TONY
Old 01-12-2010, 02:13 PM
skoda450

Hey, Bax,
How can one tell when the R127DF was made? It would be critical to know if the Rx has no dot. I assume that the later ones that will work through out the band have no dot. How can the user tell if that is a old low band or a newer one that will accept any 72Mhz freq?