Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Do I trade in my JR X9303 for an Aurora 9?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:42 PM
GizmoMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do I trade in my JR X9303 for an Aurora 9?

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

Hi,

I fly Mode 1 and have a JR 9303 on 72mhz and I am considering moving to the Aurora 9 due to the following.

Aurora recievers and servos are considerably less expensive than Aurora 9.
Aurora 9 will fly Futaba or JR receivers by changing the positive or negative shift in programming allowing me to still fly my current 72mhz equipment with the Aurora 9.

I still have not bought the Aurora 9 yet, and if any thinks any of the above is incorrect, please let me know.

Fly4Fun,
Wayne Miller
2 items from your above thread?
1. Tell me, did you say the A9 can fly my older 72MHz FM planes that are Fut or JR??? Of course using the FM module in the A9, but your saying it will allow you to change the shift to fly either Airtronics or JR or Futaba or other brands or receivers??? if so, wow, didn't realize that? some of my fleet is still 72Mhz using my son's Optic 6 with the FM module, but those are using the Hitec Micro 05S receiver, so I never thought anything about the shift until you mentioned it?

2. Iassume for the crowd, you meant the Hitec Optima 2.4 receivers are cheaper than than JR, futaba, etc?

3. Also for the crowd, you don't have to spend another fortune on Jr satellite antenna/receivers, becuase the A9 and Optima receivers don't need them due to the BODA antenna pattern and being able to talk thry any material and thru or around any object!!! All my buddies are so proud that they have to line their JR planes with at least 5 remote antenna's and hope and pray they don't loose signal, yiks, scary...
Yes I was a former flyer of Futaba, JR, Tower hobbies, Airtronics, and now my Aurora9 and my sons Optic 6(although the optic 6 programming is a little frustrating, but we're getting thru it)

Cheers
Old 06-06-2010, 04:45 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Wayne- Be aware that the Spectra Pro 72Mhz module is not yet available, so therefore the Aurora is not compatible with 72Mhz RX's at this time. It was delayed due to some of the components being discontinued so they had to rework the hardware which has delayed it until August/Sept.

Mike.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

In response to the OP's questiono I trade in my JR X9303 for an Aurora 9?

Yes, get what you can for it now.