Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Non-Futaba FASST receivers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 08:42 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Non-Futaba FASST receivers.

I have two, tested one in a 100mph+ electric and notice no difference to the FAAST 617 receiver I had in there.

Will be buying more, great deal.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:15 PM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received 4off TFR-8 Rx for FASST today. Indeed they are in the new case. I am quite impressed thus far. Will bind them to the Tx tomorrow and test fly one over the weekend. Not expecting anything other than the plane does what I ask of it.

Does the FrSky telemetry device work with this Rx?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 AM
TimBle

Right So I've flown the FrSky TFR8 about 5 times today. total duration of 1hour 10min approximately.
The Rx seems to be work flawlessly. On the range test  it outperformed the R606FS receiver I had with me and seems to have a similar range as the R617FS.
I also compared it too mu R6008HS Rx and the range seems comparable to tha tas well.
On the Power down "Range check" mode of my T8FG I walked around 80m from the Rx with the Tx twiddling the sticks. No problems, twiddle sticks twiddle surfaces.

I'll keep logginf up the hours on this one but it seems like a hell of a deal since I paid around $40 ea incl shipping and VAT. Thats a wjack load cheaper than the genuine Futaba R6008HS.

I have to admit that for my bigger planes I will likely switch to S-bus technology but this FrSKY Rx is more than capable for my .50size and below airplanes.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 PM
jcervantes11
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: TimBle

Right So I've flown the FrSky TFR8 about 5 times today. total duration of 1hour 10min approximately.
The Rx seems to be work flawlessly. On the range test it outperformed the R606FS receiver I had with me and seems to have a similar range as the R617FS.
I also compared it too mu R6008HS Rx and the range seems comparable to tha tas well.
On the Power down ''Range check'' mode of my T8FG I walked around 80m from the Rx with the Tx twiddling the sticks. No problems, twiddle sticks twiddle surfaces.

I'll keep logginf up the hours on this one but it seems like a hell of a deal since I paid around $40 ea incl shipping and VAT. Thats a wjack load cheaper than the genuine Futaba R6008HS.

I have to admit that for my bigger planes I will likely switch to S-bus technology but this FrSKY Rx is more than capable for my .50size and below airplanes.

Hi are you still flying you're Frksy? DId you know there is already a Frsky sbus receiver for fasst radios?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 PM
whiskey29

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ompatible.html

sbus decoder by the same company is not yet released.
But they have one 12gram sbus servo on the way.