Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Charlottesville Racers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Super_Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Just today I designed a track I'd like to build at my house. Its pretty much a mix between Scotts and Waynes still has some speed to it and fairly open but theres a lot of tight corners and quite a few jumps. Area is about 120' long and 100' wide lanes I would like to have 13' wide. There are 15 turns, 6 doubles, 2 tripples and 3 singles (jumps) and I'd like to put one split section where you can choose your line. Its only on paper and Of corse I can't get everything perfect but the dimensions of it look pretty damn close to the area its going to go in. I can't say if this track is ever going to get built but I do have permission now I just need a few days off work and a whole lot of help. Machinery is going to be the biggest problem.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:27 PM
SManMTB

What's the latest on Wayne's track?

Are we still building on Sat and racing Sun? If not I'm going to Scott's at noon or so on Saturday.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Super_Dave

I talked to Eddie at Stampy's again today and he said we can't race. Someone is just going to have to call Wayne and I don't have his number. The track is done unless they were going to add something I don't know about but I think there going camping for the weekend or something.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:15 AM
dockman2

The 2 big things left to do at Waynes was finish the drivers stand and lay pipe. If its not possible to finish these things on Saturday then we will be racing at Scotts on Sunday.
Scott and I are planning on running some at his house on Saturday. I guess we will talk to Wayne and see whats up.
I started to break in the Xray today before I went to work. This thing is planted! Its got a bit of a push but thats what I wanted to start with. Easy to add more turn in. Anywho I cant wait to run this bad boy.
Talk to you guys on Saturday.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:52 AM
dockman2

fourwheels- its looking like we might not be at the new track this weekend but come by Scotts on Saturday and check it out. We are usually there from noon on.
Hopefully I will see you there.

Kevin
Old 05-29-2005, 02:34 AM
dockman2

OK looks like we are racing at Scotts on Sunday. Hope everyone can make it out to race. The weather is looking good for race day.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:07 PM
slicks

Hey All --- its Joel checking in.

Manders and I had a great time yesterday and today (Sunday) too. Even though Manders broke a shock shaft - sheard that sucker off - but it is the original shock on that buggy and it has seen a ton of running time that is for sure!

Kevin - thanks for your help and input on set-ups today - really appreciate it.

When we left Scott's this afternoon there was no word as to where we are racing next weekend (or this weekend seeing as it is Monday). I agree that this is a good spot to post that info.

Does anyone know if Scott is on this site?

Too the guys that used to live here and will be visiting this summer - keep us posted.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:24 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like i'm going to be in va for july 4 weekend, but uts going to be a flying trip (12 hours each way only got a three day weekend), so i don't think i will be able to make it over to c'ville. what a bummer, i dout i'll even bring my r/c stuff. oh well maybe next time.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:16 PM
dockman2

Your welcome Joel, glad to help.
I dont think Scott checks out message boards alot. Until we get the drivers stand finished and put down the pipe I dont think it would make sense to try to race at Waynes. Maybe we can get a crew out there on Saturday to do some work and do some running also. If everything is ready then cool lets race there on Sunday. If not then I would say lets just race at Scotts track.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:56 PM
SManMTB

I'm still looking for parts. Kyosho support has really gone down the drain now. [>:]
Tower has nothing or very little and is not going to carry the full line. Kyosho America has nothing either.

I can help out with the build on Saturday if we get a crew together
Old 06-01-2005, 06:44 AM
slicks

Sounds like a plan re: the track at Wayne's. Not sure that I'll be able to get out there on Saturday as my son has my car all weekend (earning money for next year at JMU). Just let me know where we are racing on Sunday and Manders and I will be there. I rebuilt the front shocks on Manders buggy last night and just a few more simple tasks and her buggy is good to go again. I'll start tweaking mine tonight. I'll be changing the front and rear diff oil and shock oil and toe-out as we discussed Monday.

Hey Christian -- try the e-bay store RC-PARTS STORE they do have Kyosho parts - not sure what you are looking for (other than that broken part) - but that site/store does have Kyosho stuff. Hope that this helps. You may even post a message on the 1/8 scale board here and ask - I am sure you will receive plenty of info that way too.

maxximum --- sorry to hear that you won't be able to pull some trigger with us. Well, like you said - maybe next time. Wow -- 12hr flight! that is alot of sittiing time!!!

Hey - Little Stampy --- when you ran out at Wayne's what engine were you using and what size clutch bell?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:27 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not flying in an airplane............flying as in leaveing as soon as i get off work on the 1st, driving all night, spending a day with my parents, spending a day with some friends, then drive 12hrs back on the 4th. i can see how i confused you though.............lol. we are going to try to come back to va in august for four or five days, maybe i can work it out then..........hopfully that is. assuming that i have my buggie by then, right now all i have is a t-maxx. great fun for baSHING, but not as fun as i thought it would be to race. you have to go to slow to keep it on alll fours.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Alpharaptor

Wow, I didn't know so many C-vill racers were on these forums!

Btw, this is Matt, the dude with the Axis... So, who is who on these forums anyway?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:58 PM
slicks

Hey Matt -- I was going to send you a message re: this site - but you found it.

Are you going to race this weekend? Keep an eye here as to where we are going to race - or you can always call me at home.

Slicks / Joel
Old 06-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Super_Dave

Hey Joel I was running the M26 the day after I broke it in with stock gearing which is a 13T clutch bell. Especially with the torque of this motor I need to get a 14T because it topped out even before I got to the backside of the track.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Alpharaptor

ORIGINAL: slicks

Hey Matt -- I was going to send you a message re: this site - but you found it.

Are you going to race this weekend? Keep an eye here as to where we are going to race - or you can always call me at home.

Slicks / Joel
I still have to get those parts in, I should make it the weekend after next. Did you talk to Kevin last weekend about those c-hubs? If not, I think I'll go ahead and order those as well.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:59 PM
slicks

Matt -- Kevin (or Dockman on this site) told me he had a rolling chassis for you that you can use for parts. Not sure what you are talking about re: the C hubs - don't recall that conversation. I am sure that I'll see Kevin this weekend and I'll ask him about the parts. I do know that he is working many many long hours so sometimes he gets a bit behind in his rc stuff.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:22 PM
dockman2

Matt Ive got the rolling Chassis sitting here for you. I can either bring it this weekend or if you need it faster I can give it to Scott to pass on to Joel. Just post on here to let me know.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:36 AM
slicks

very generous of you Kev - I would say just bring it out to Scott's on Saturday/Sunday. With Aaron using my car this summer I am not sure when I could get out to Scott's before this weekend anyway.

Lil Stampy -- keep me posted as to what clutch bell you use -- I agree that the 13 tooth will be too small out at Waynes - it was good to hear from someone that actually ran with a 13. I know that Scott put a few tanks thru one of his buggies out there - but don't know what size bell he had on that buggy.

Hey SMan - were you able to find your Kyosho parts?

Slicks
Old 06-02-2005, 08:11 PM
SManMTB

Yeah, I got the parts ordered but the bulkhead is backordered so it will take longer. No driving for me this weekend.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:23 PM
slicks

SMan --- on backorder, that really stinks!

I wonder what Kyosho is going to do about parts distribution - wonder what this issue is going to do to their sales?

Did you try posting a question re: a place/site to buy parts here in the 1/8th off road section? I'll bet if someone purchased several Kyosho buggies they could part them out and make some serious cash.

You should show up on Sunday anyways -- Wayne has about 1,000 buggies he may let you drive one of his!

Old 06-02-2005, 10:06 PM
dockman2

Yeah someone should have something for you to run.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:52 PM
SManMTB

I appreciate that, maybe I'll show up.

Joel, I checked your servo but didn't see anything obvious.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:47 AM
dockman2

Hey guys I wanted to throw out some ideas for everyone to think about and offer up opinions. Monday night some of us discussed have a "sponsored" or run for prizes type race. A couple of weeks ago we had talked about having a points series where it switched back between Scotts track and Waynes. Ive got some ideas for both but I guess we need to figure out which everyone would rather do. Next thing is how much everybody is willing to pay to race. Usually it would cost $10 or more to race. Im not sure if everybody would be willing to do that. I had thought about $5 bucks a race but remember the less you pay the fewer the prizes. I would like to do it so no matter where you finish you would win something. Needless to say the prizes would get smaller the farther back you place. I thought if we did a points series there would be more money so the prizes would be better. The longer/or more races the series had the better. I know everyone cant make it out every weekend and we do want to stop them from racing because they have to pay. We could run a 6 race series where you drop your 2 worst races(or the weeks you couldnt make it), an 8 race series with 3 drops, or even a 10 race with 4 drops. The longer the series the better the prizes or go with a short series and charge more ($10 bucks) to get better prizes.
I guess it comes down to if everybody is willing to pay to play and win some stuff (plus bragging rights) or if everybody would rather just race for free and not worry about prizes.
If nobody wants to do pay racing thats cool also. I might sponsor a race myself with a couple of prizes. It would be more like a "most improved", "hard charger", or "hard Luck" awards that I would choose after the race.
I just dont want to do pay racing where only the winner or top 3 get prizes. This would just stop the newer people from running. I want to see the guy that shows up every week but is still running in the Bmain or Cmain have an incentive to race because he (or she) could still win something.
Anyway, everyone please share your thoughts.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:47 AM
slicks

I am willing to give it a try. My only thought is that a 10 week race would take us into August. I would suggest that we go with a 6 week series and then throw out 1 or 2 races? If I recall correctly - we did 10 weeks of racing at Stampys (when he 1st opened) and it was a long series. Our problem is that we race outside and weather can/will delay running a race and push the time frame out a bit longer than 6 weeks.

I think if we do a 6 week series then go back to an open (but structured) for a couple of weekes - we will still have time to get in another points series before the end of September if everyone wants to do so. I do like the idea of alternating between Wayne's and Scott's for the series -- that is is Wayne is up for it. This way it will give Scott's neighbors a rest from our noise.

That is my 2 cents worth of input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.