Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

2006 Las Vegas RC Tracks & Events

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Bigedmond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Las Vegas RC Tracks & Events

well looks like im picking up a jammin cr-t. Im getting the rtr version so i can get used to the power and the size, then i will upgrade the motor. Cant wait to get it and start running it.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:54 AM
SKOT

SWEET!!! You should be very happy with that truggy. I run a Jammin X1 CR Pro and love it. I've heard a lot of good things about the CRT. Have you already ordered it? If you have any questions there's always a TON of information at [link=http://www.ofna.com/]www.ofna.com[/link]. Look down a little ways and there's a Jammin forum. There are a lot of people on there who run the CRT.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:59 AM
SKOT

Tigger, we can't link to other forums?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SKOT
Tigger, we can't link to other forums?
It depends on the situation. Basically, if someone asks a specific question and a specific post answers a direct question than it is ok as long as the information can be viewed without registration. However, it is not ok simply to link to another forum. Check out the RCU Community Rules section regarding Posting Links--Promoting another competing service.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37.../tm.htm#377662
Old 02-10-2006, 01:13 AM
SKOT

I had already read that, but I just interpreted it differently. Anyway, you're the man. I'm not going to argue. Thanks for keeping me in line. I figured I'd start posting here to meet more people in the Las Vegas scene. We’ve met, but you probably don’t know exactly who I am. My brother-in-law works at Hobby Town on Sahara. His name is Adam. We all stood around and talked for a while at BC last weekend. What’s the plan for this weekend? Are you headed out to Sandy Valley?
Old 02-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

I remember meeting you. As a matter of fact, I still need to download the BC video and try to email a couple of clips to Adam if I did catch any vid of him. I've thought about going to Sandy Valley, but it probably wouldn't be to race since I have a difficult enough time making it to Finishline by 10AM. I also may be busy selling my Corvette this weekend since someone is interested in purchasing it.

I did receive and install the new transmitter wheel assembly on my Nomadio Sensor tonight though I still need to drop a new servo into the 777--I have it, but I've been trying to break-in the mini-nitro buggy (and now I need to send the mini "header" back for a replacement)--originally, I had just planned to run the mini-nitro at Finishline and pester the guys at HTU later. If you don't know about the 1/16th scale nitro-mini buggy, I let Adam drive it at HTU so he can comment. The engine is picking up.

Regarding meeting local people off of this forum, it appears that more people "read" this forum than post--I only know that since I've had numerous people approach me at the LHS and tracks which they learned about from this forum. Numerous locals also post at SGrid and I try to keep this thread updated with any pertinent posts from SGrid--one of the other locals posts in the RCU 1/8th scale buggy subforum and another in the RCU truggy subforum. You probably saw them at BC too. However, a helping hand wouldn't hurt in here either with events.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Bigedmond

My truggy is ordered as of today. I went with teh ready to run since i wanted to be able to get going quickly. Plus, 540 for the rtr vs 500 for just the kit. I know i will be upgrading the motor probably in may since thats my birthday, and i can get the wife to let me get it. Hell she got me the truck for Valentines day.

Thanks for the website, since i had not been there, and was thinking about looking for one a few hours ago. Made it much easier.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:10 AM
SKOT

Yeah Tigger, I’m pretty sure I won’t make it out to Sandy Valley either. Valentines Day is next week, so I’ll be taking the wife out on Saturday. I may head out to Finishline on Sunday though. Adam just got a Hyper 7 yesterday and if he gets it all assembled in time I’m sure he’ll want to take it out. He told me about driving the mini. That thing sounds so cool. I hope I get a chance to see it in real life. I’m going to have to check out Sgrid. I looked on there once before and it didn’t look very user friendly, but that was a long time ago.

Bigedmond, I’m glad to hear you’ll be runnin Jammin too. I like mine and I love to see other people buy them because I want more LHS’s to carry Jammin parts. Right now not many do. The place Tigger bought that mini, C2 hobbies in BC, has about the best selection of Jammin I’ve found. You can always get better prices on line, but if you happen break something and want to race the next day it’s nice to be able to find parts locally too.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

I saw one of the locals I know at C2H tonight and he plans to hit Finishline tomorrow. Who knows, I may show up after some buggy work.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Bigedmond

well my truggy will be in tuesday. Nice Twice gave me a really good deal, so i had to go with it. Denny easily beat tower hobbies and horizon on price. So once it is in, ill probably spend the afternoon breaking the motor in, and maybe, just maybe make it out to the track that weekend. need to order another 27mhz rs310 for it, since the one i just got is for my electric buggy.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Grindinghalt

HEY!

Finishline was closed this morning! What gives?

Still had a good day out at silverbowl. There was some kind of "Frizbee Football" event going on in the soccer fields out there. Probably about 1000 people out there gettin' crazy.

I plan to head out to finishline again tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there!

Tod
Old 02-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Perhaps, everyone was at the Sandy Valley race. I guess it is a good thing I didn't go to Finishline today then. I was, but I've had computer problems today. I finally ended up reinstalling W2K and reinstalling the XP Update as a secondary OS which repaired the original install as well. I may try to get to Finishline tomorrow but the gas boat may finally get taken out for a run--I have to make a telephone call in the morning to see if it is ready or at least almost ready.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:31 PM
mxrider99

i was at sandy today w00t riding motrcycles though i am in sandy valley every sunday need to drop by the track sometime
Old 02-13-2006, 07:43 PM
OrangeSword

Wait is this on Wednesday, Feb 15th or Thursday, Feb 16th?

ORIGINAL: lvblueyedboy

I just received an email from Mary Wolfe at the County Parks and Rec’s, hopefully some people who are off-road supporters will show up and defend the Silver Bowl track or and least have some say in getting them to water it. I am going to see if I can get the evening off to head down there. I hope some people will show up.

We will be holding a public meeting for all interested Remote Control Car Track enthusiasts on
Wednesday, February 16th from 6:00 - 8:00 pm in the Sunset Park Administration building conference
room.

Spread the word
Old 02-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Bigedmond

well i got my jammin x1 cr-t today. A day earlier then expected. Started the engine break in process. I just have to say, i was shocked to see how big it is. I have never owned a 1/8 scale, so the size of thing blew me away.

Since i got the RTR, it comes with OFNA's new force .28 motor, which at 1/4 throttle is pretty quick already. Cant wait to get a few more tanks through, so i can get the tune set nicely.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: Bigedmond
I have never owned a 1/8 scale, so the size of thing blew me away.
If you think an 1/8th scale car is big, wait until you see an 1/8th scale boat. My boat is larger than my 1/4 scale car.

Silver State Warm Up Race March 4-5, 2006.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:21 PM
mxrider99

jeez that thing is huge...................... still dont have a buggy or nothing is that track open yet?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I haven't spoken to the owner lately and I haven't checked the website. Check it.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:41 PM
mxrider99

i did no nothing not even anymore pics ..... when it opens ill have to come down and watch some races
Old 02-14-2006, 01:04 AM
SKOT

Hey Tigger, where do you run that big 'ol boat at? Do you ever run it in the pond at Sunset park? If so let me know. I work right by there and I'd love to see that thing in action.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:29 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

STILL haven't ran it yet. One of the other guys who usually races the series (and who I usually pit with) is setting it up for me and I hope that we can get together to run the dang thing soon--all this car action is interferring, along with his honey dos. You know, honey do this, honey do that. I also need to make up my mind which transmitter and receiver I am going to use--that's one hold up. Originally, I planned to use the Nomadio Sensor, then the Futaba with the Spektrum. However, it is looking more like the Futaba with PCM or the JR.

The guy setting up my boat also has a couple of the 1/8th scale Miss Buds so it should be fun one way or another. I asked him about Sunset but he thinks it might be too fast. Myself, I want to try Sunset since it is closer than the lake and since I don't plan to get on it until I break in the engine and figure out how to drive it. Then again, I just wanted to run the dang thing then I learned they have to be lined with foam, balanced, and so on. Consequently, you may not want to come watch the first time out. Then again, he knows all that stuff. I just want to drive it.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:12 PM
mxrider99

i would want to drive it too. also tNb do oyu know a guy names Wayne Childs? supposedly my friends dad (names < over there) nows someone who has a buncha rc cars and stuff and i was wondering if it was you?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:32 PM
BigDex

Hi all; I posted a similar request a while back on the 1:8 buggy page, and found Mr. TnB to be a helpful chap; but this forum seems more appropriate!

Is there any chance that one/some of you guys could show me round the local tracks/bashing spots? I'm emigrating from the UK to Vegas next week (arriving Sunday 19th), where I'll be living with my sister in Henderson until I get myself sorted. I've sold all my UK RC gear, but there is already a Mugen Prospec waiting for me in Henderson, but it has to be built before it sees any action!

I have a car there, so getting around ain't an issue, but a friendly face is always handy!

All help appreciated!

Rick (Big Dex)
Old 02-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Bigedmond

bigdex.

I am sure almost anyone here would be willing to help you with that. When you get in town, and your ready to go drop us a line here, and we could probably set up something for a group of people to go do.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:05 PM
BigDex

Thanks Bigedmond, that would be cool. I will definately have the prospec up and running by the weekend of the 25th/26th, if any of you guys will be free??!?!

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.