RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

dockman2 11-15-2005 01:06 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Dave the triple Amain is just that. All five Amain guys race just like now except they race 3 times. So if Scott finishes 1st, then 4th, then 5th and you finish 2nd, 2nd, 2nd then you win the Amain.
They do this format at a lot of big races. Hell if you win the 1st two Amains then you dont even have to race the 3rd.

slicks 11-15-2005 07:53 AM

I like the 10 or 15 minute mains - the problem we seem to have is not having enough folks to refuel and marshall at the same time. It could be worked out somehow I guess. I agree that trying the triple main system would be a good change. We would most certainly need to start on time and keep everything moving - which we can do.

Don't know if any of you caught my posts on one of the other threads. The guys over in Powhatan are taking a road trip to Amherst this weekend (something like 6 drivers!) and they are going to have a big race day this Sunday. My thought is that next race season we could have one big race at each location (Charlottesville, Amherst and Powhatan) that is 3 races and hopefully Joe will have 3 races again at Blue Ridge Raceway next season --- that makes 6 big races that we can all get together for some great racing with all of the racers located in the middle part of the state! Thoughts?

trackman 11-15-2005 08:29 AM

yeah joel the more the better. it would be fun to have 30-40 racers. i like the triple a- main idea, im
all for it. as slow as we were sunday getting started we still had over an hour daylight left.
dave i dont think you understand. it would be just like sunday except we would race 3 mains,
that gives everyone in the a-main 3 chances to win. it also means you have to run like you did
sunday 3 times in a row. the problem we had 2 weeks ago wouldnt have mattered much because
you would have 3 starts anyway to improve on. actually it gives me 3 chances to beat you!!!:D:D

slicks 11-15-2005 10:17 AM

Scott -- I thought it was a good idea too. I think that maybe we can start to discuss/plan sometime this winter when we can't run but a couple of us are crowded in to your building :D.

I'll try to stop by either Wednesday or Thursday to pick up the parts - again thanks. I can't stop by tonight as we are going up to JMU to listen to Aaron and the jazz band concert.

trackman 11-15-2005 10:54 AM

no problem joel, you know where there at. i wouldnt mind trying the triple a-main this weekend, but i geuss we
will see how it goes. and by the way, i got my hands on another buggy that i will run this weekend.
its not kyosho. dont ask, im not telling!!!:D

SManMTB 11-15-2005 11:01 AM

Joel - I know you asked about costs for a website in another thread. I have a few contacts and can recommend [link=http://Cernax hosting]http://www.cernax.com[/link] fro cheap and reliable hosting.

$25/year gives you:
- 50Mb storage
- 1500 Mb/month transfer (the amount of traffic the site can use)
- 2 POP3 email accounts
- 2 subdomains
- 2 MySQL databases

For domain names go to [link=http://GoDaddy.com]https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar/search.asp?se=%2B&ci=414[/link]. $7.95/year.

As you see it's not really expensive to do. I am no webmaster of any great caliber but can whip up a simple HTML site if needed.

SManMTB 11-15-2005 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: trackman

no problem joel, you know where there at. i wouldnt mind trying the triple a-main this weekend, but i geuss we
will see how it goes. and by the way, i got my hands on another buggy that i will run this weekend.
its not kyosho. dont ask, im not telling!!!:D
Are you going to leave us inn the dust with a $300 RTR SHO buggy?

trackman 11-15-2005 11:08 AM

no. shouldnt be any dust if bill waters the track:D

Big Stampy 11-15-2005 11:09 AM

Bill could put big fish tanks on wheels for watering the track

Smokinjoe6450 11-15-2005 11:34 AM

SManMTB 11-15-2005 11:41 AM

For T-shirts, did you check [link=http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/]CafePress.com[/link] yet?
- Free online store
- Upload any picture
- No cost upfront, shirts (or other stuff) is printed on order.

Big-ED 11-15-2005 11:52 AM

smanmtb, get to work and stop surfing..:D

Big-ED 11-15-2005 12:01 PM

I was thinking yesterday that it would be cool to run some longer races.
Gosh I don't know what I would do in an hour long a-main, not that we could run hour a-main's but 10-15 min. main's would be great.
maybe we could have a schedule that we follow for race day, practice and sign up starts at 12:00, first race at 1:00, second race at 1:15 and so on that gives everyone 10 mins between the race's to get ready, maybe thats not enough time but you get the point, by this schedule we could get in 16 races in 4-hours.

slicks 11-15-2005 12:05 PM

Christian -- that is good news re: a web-site. I guess we will need to discuss at this weeks race.

What does everyone else think about a web-site?/

slicks 11-15-2005 12:07 PM

Scott --- don't tell me you bought a used buggy off of Rodney!

slicks 11-15-2005 12:10 PM

I think that Wayne has a local guy that he is getting some prices from. We may also compare to the guy that Joe uses down in Amherst for his shirts --- but that would involve a lot of driving time and gas. I hope that Wayne will be able to give us an update this weekend.

slicks 11-15-2005 12:11 PM

I like a scheduled time frame. It does allow for maximum amount of races that is for sure!

trackman 11-15-2005 12:56 PM

joel i said i would run this buggy, not push it!!

SManMTB 11-15-2005 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

Hey, I'm paid on government money so back off. :D:D:D:D:D

Big-ED 11-15-2005 01:14 PM

ok I'm reporting you to your system administrator..;)

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

SManMTB 11-15-2005 01:17 PM

ok I'm reporting you to your system administrator..;)

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

[&o]

SManMTB 11-15-2005 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

Christian -- that is good news re: a web-site. I guess we will need to discuss at this weeks race.

What does everyone else think about a web-site?/
Before we spend money on it we could just use a free hosting to play with. Heh, I could possibly host it from my internet connection at home but that'll take some work getting the server configured.

trackman 11-15-2005 02:10 PM

chris sounds like you just got voluteered! after all it seems like you play on
the computer all day anyway.:D

SManMTB 11-15-2005 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: trackman

chris sounds like you just got voluteered! after all it seems like you play on
the computer all day anyway.:D
I should learn how to keep my mouth shut LOL. :D I can look into getting a free host to tart with and play around with a layout. Running a server from home is too much work (read lack of knowledge [sm=bananahead.gif])

slicks 11-15-2005 02:19 PM

Now all we need is a digital camera so we can post pictures of each track and the signage that Wayne had made up.