Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
 what could cause my kyosho pureten to overheat (i think it is)? >

what could cause my kyosho pureten to overheat (i think it is)?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

what could cause my kyosho pureten to overheat (i think it is)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what could cause my kyosho pureten to overheat (i think it is)?

i've not had my pureten for that long, al was going well but i appear to be overheating.

the car starts fine, idles fine, but when i drive around for about a minute at WOT it cuts out. I've tried different mixtures and get the same thing?

how do i tell what is causing it? could it be an air leak, when i prime the engine after this the fuel refuses to stay up and i can hear a small psstt when it reaches the top?

anyone got any suggestions? its really annoying cause i finally got everything set up beutifully/

the engine also sounds very rough compared to how it sounded a few weeks ago
Old 11-17-2004, 06:36 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: what could cause my kyosho pureten to overheat (i think it is)?

it sounds like you running wide open for that length of time has damaged your engine, This is an old thread but if you even still have the same engine i suggest richening the high speed needle a bit since your running wide open for so long. It'll act as a rev limiter so to speak
Old 11-18-2004, 11:01 AM

Default RE: what could cause my kyosho pureten to overheat (i think it is)?

i think think i know wats up
on my mates kyosho sandmaster(proper old skool lol) the thred in the cylinder head that the glow plug screws into was recked and the glow plug wasnt nerly as tight as it should be so there was a MAHOOOOSIV air leak, and when ever he primed the engine it would make that PSSST noise, thats the air preshurer being lost threw the glow plug hole, if you get what i mean? but the guy really didnt giv a shÃ*t about it, lol he didnt even hav any spong in the carb filter [&:] and was runing it way way way to ricth and would always stall even before the cylinder head went.
he got a new engine bcus it was old but you should just be able to buy a new cylinder head, or a hop-up cylinder head taht would also make it run cooler.
hope this helped.