4-tec really hitting 70?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Banana Turbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4-tec really hitting 70?

Miami RC,

It was more about the engine that powers the jato.

The 3.3 .15 and how fast it makes the new 4 tec and jato go.

Its all on the same principle's. You have to modify and tune the engine. I dont know if its easy to modify. But the way TRAXXAS sell it sounds pretty modified. You can read about it.

This is my favorite sentence in how they describe the engine.

"innovative porting that previously would only be found on the most exotic, modified racing engines."
http://www.traxxas.com/index.htm

If you ask me both the jato and the 4 tec are "purpose built go fast in a straight line" type cars. Given enough room and geared to the hilt there is no reason why they cant get 80mph. I mean look at the 200mph nitros.

But i totally agree with Miami RC if they put a modified .21 in their cars they would be going faster.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Medrivfast

How is this for a race. I want to race either a Jato or a 4-tec against my Electric TC-4 with a Novak 3.5R BL.

How do you think that race would go?

Please understand, i'm not here to start a flame war. I love Traxxas products. I have a Jato 3.3 myself. I just don't trust anybody near me to drive my Jato for the race.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
BHertz

ORIGINAL: rushrtr3

I have a hard time believing that the 4-tec 3.3 can reach speeds of 70mph. After seeing what the engine could do in a t-maxx (not much better than the 2.5) I don't think that Traxxas' claims of 70+mph is feasable.
wow you really think that? i thought that there as a signifigant difference between the maxx 2.5/2.5r and 3.3s.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

well seriously if you saw a tmaxx with a 3.3 motor and you dont think that motor can do that good in a car... well here lets break it down, t-maxx monster truck with 3.3, well first of all its a MONSTER TRUCK its not made for speed its made for dirt and rocks basically offroad. once you put something like the t-maxx on the street you start to notice that the tires are wiggling insanely, basically slowing the truck down... my point put that big of a motor in a car it is capable of well... 70+ , so if you seriously think it cant perform at 70 mph, you have definetly never owned a traxxas product!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:19 PM
rushrtr3
My Feedback: (1)

Your right I have never owned a traxxas product and never will, plain and simple. But what I have done is driven one and I don't find them the least bit impressive but more of a pain to work with, use and keep running not to mention the fact that they break all the time.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:43 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

ok what traxxas product did you drive????and my car has only broken once and it was because of me...
Old 11-15-2006, 10:57 PM
rushrtr3

I work at a hobby store so I've seen all of them but have driven all versions of the t-maxx, revo, bandit, stampede and rustler. The only 4-tech i've driven was one with a 2.5r. The origional 2.5 engines and the 3.3 engines are a major pain to tune and keep running right not too mention they overheat like a **** if you use anything but traxxas fuel. I usualy have at least 2 people a week come in with a broken t-maxx, mainly suspension arms and trany rebuilds. Most of the cars that come just need to be tuned properly and that in itself is a big task for most traxxas engines. The only exception is the 2.5r, it's the only one that can keep a decent tune and the temps usualy stay cool. The 3.3 is the worst of them all in my opinion. I've seen enough of these cars and worked with them enough that I know I will never by one for myself.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Medrivfast

Traxxas claims 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. But Radio control car action magazine did an article on it and only got 0-60 in 5.0 seconds. I'm not questioning the speed of this car at all. But, what's the real deal about it? It has to be the tires. I can understand they don't hook up that well. But there's a 2 sec discrepancy.

I have the same problem with wheel spin with my team associated TC-4 with a Novak 3.5R BL. The tires spin for at least 10 feet before they hook up.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:09 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

the whole spinning thing is crazy on your tc4!!!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:38 PM
jdbraden

i have 2 of the 4 tech 3.3 and both have maxed out at about 75, that is what my spedometer said, but it is very difficult to keep it from going outta control.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:07 AM
buckmaster119
Banned

nice, how did you pull that one off???
Old 11-18-2006, 02:16 AM
Banana Turbo
Banned

Medrivfast,

What type of speed do you get out of a novak brushless kit?
And if your wheels did get 100% traction straight away do you think the motor would still have enough tourqe to get the same kind of accelaration?

I have been tempted to go electric but im no good with a soldering iron so havent bothered.[&o]
Old 11-18-2006, 03:24 AM
Medrivfast

I was at the top speed challenge and i saw the Novak guys hit 77 mph in a xxx-s car with stock gearing with the Novak 3.5R BL set-up. They also rear-geared up more and hit 105mph. I'm kinda geared on the low side right now. So my top speed should be about 60 mph. Remember with electric motors you have 100% TQ at wide open throttle. No need for the RPM's to build up like on nitro. I can put foam tires on. But, i'm afraid i have too much torque and that i would eat up my rear diffs.
ORIGINAL: Banana Turbo

Medrivfast,

What type of speed do you get out of a novak brushless kit?
And if your wheels did get 100% traction straight away do you think the motor would still have enough tourqe to get the same kind of accelaration?

I have been tempted to go electric but im no good with a soldering iron so havent bothered.[&o]
Old 11-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Banana Turbo
Banned

Thats pretty fast. How much distance do you need to hit those speeds?

I know electric motors have 100% torque, but as soon as you put any weight on those rpms they drop dramatically.As an example, you can have somthing spinning at 100,000 rpm then when you put a gram of weight on it the rpms fall to about 60,000rpm.
As far as im aware that along with the problem with batterys not holding a charge is whats wrong with electric.

I think i may splash out on a novak brushless system soon.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Medrivfast

To hit those speeds they where on an actual 1/4 mile drag strip. But, when the guy hit 134 he was allready at the 1/8 mile mark. That should translate into an 8 sec. 1/4 mile car.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

ORIGINAL: rushrtr3

I work at a hobby store so I've seen all of them but have driven all versions of the t-maxx, revo, bandit, stampede and rustler. The only 4-tech i've driven was one with a 2.5r. The origional 2.5 engines and the 3.3 engines are a major pain to tune and keep running right not too mention they overheat like a **** if you use anything but traxxas fuel. I usualy have at least 2 people a week come in with a broken t-maxx, mainly suspension arms and trany rebuilds. Most of the cars that come just need to be tuned properly and that in itself is a big task for most traxxas engines. The only exception is the 2.5r, it's the only one that can keep a decent tune and the temps usualy stay cool. The 3.3 is the worst of them all in my opinion. I've seen enough of these cars and worked with them enough that I know I will never by one for myself.
Your smoking cheap assed crack! Plain and simple.
3.3 hard to tune? HAHA, 3.3's or 2.5's Overheating? Bull****!! THe only freaking way that a 3.3, 2.5 will ever overheat is if some mook that shouldnt be aloud to touch a Nitro is running the screwdriver and leaning it out too much

My 3.3 runs a constant 210 and the three 2.5's runs from 200-230 thats after 4-5 tanks. Either get your facts straight or hand in your 2 week notice, coz you havent a clue about RC's and shouldnt be aloud to work in a Hobby Shop. PERIOD! You said you dont own a TRAXXAS and never will, so shut the hell up about dissing on them unless you actually man up and buy one. Till then, go play with the xmods.

My 4tec has a OS .18 CV-RX. It will run over 65mph without even trying. My buddy has a 3.3 4TEC and My OS powered 4TEC cant even compare. The OS should hand his ass to him, but it doesnt. Not to mention the pain in the ass major Mods I had to do to make the OS fit in the stock chassis mounts. I wish I would have bought a 3.3. Coz they will smoke a OS .18 any day of the week in a 4TEC. Been there, done that and lived it.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:18 PM
rushrtr3

Yea you can get cool running engines with TRAXXAS FUEL. Use any other type of fuel with a normal ratio of fuel to oil, Eg. trinity monster power, and the traxxas engines heat up like you wouldn't believe and no this isn't becasue i'm running the engines to lean. As a matter of fact just to keep them running I had to richen them way out. Most of the time there was fuel spitting out of the exhaust pipe. I was getting temps of 300 degrees, and the the engine would just shut off. I just think it's a gimmic that Traxxas makes so all you can use is there fuel to keep there engines running right. Enven when you are using their fuel they still will never hold a tun like an OS engine will, or any descently made engine.

You said you dont own a TRAXXAS and never will, so shut the hell up about dissing on them unless you actually man up and buy one.
WHY IN HELL WOULD I MAN UP AND BUY A CHEAP PIECE OF CRAP AFTER I KNOW HOW BAD THEY ARE!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

LOL, you havent a clue *** your talking about. I dont even use Traxxas fuel in any of my RC's. I use Blue Thunder and Byrons 20% mixes. So you claim that they only will run on Traxxas and stay cool? No even close to the truth. What hoby Shop do you claim to work at anyway?

Wanna run any of your "Top Shelf" RC's agains any of my "Pieces of CRAP"? We will start off with a drag race, then go hit somebig assed jumps in my Gravel Pit. Then to finish it off, lets use the trusty temp gun and see how hot my "junk" motors are running with NON-TRAXXAS fuel. You sure do talk like "YOU" are running them Traxxas motors in your last post, for never owning or buying one. You seem awful confused.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-19-2006, 03:16 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

rushrtr3, seriously, you have never own one or probably even raced one, and your dissing traxxas amazing, all i can say a traxxas product could kill all your cars easily, hpi scuk, and dont even get me started on duratrax the only good car they make is the evader!!!! but it still is crap!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:19 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

i dont even run traxxas fuel in my car!!!!! i run racers edge sure fire that has 30% nitro in it and it runs cooler than the traxxas fuel so i have no idea what your talking about and how did you get a job at a hobby shop if you dont know anything??/ i guess they just felt bad for you!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

Right on Buckmaster, You know where its at!

I owned an Evader and hated that pile of crap so much that I stripped it of all its useful parts(which wasnt much) after 1/2 a gallon and traded the roller chassis for a Serpent 705 Roller here in the classifides. I got a deal and that poor kid was warned before hand, but still wanted to trade. Anything with a Ball Diff is crap IMO.

Traxxas make the most reliable and durable built RC's that Ive ever come owned, next to my OFNA's ofcourse.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Banana Turbo
Banned

Blue thunders [:'(]. Worst fuel ever.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:59 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

yeah well, lets take a look back who won monster truck of the year for 2003? traxxas t-maxx, and whowond for 2004? traxxas t-maxx, and for 2005 and 2006? traxxas revo, wow how amazing!!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:19 PM
rushrtr3

You diss HPI yet in your signiture it says that you own an HPI micro RS4. Talk about contradiction. I work at mountain trains and hobbies and yea your car would probably kill anything at our store, because all we cary is traxxas and duratrax. I own a highley moded rs4 rtr3, Savage SS 4.6, and EP evader pro with top of the line eletronics. I'd like to see any of your guys' t-maxx's jump a house and live to do it all over again. Never mine jumping a house, lets just say a 20 foot drop to make it easier. O yea and about the truck of the year award. RCCA is biased towards Traxxas, they have atleast 8-10 pages of adds and not to mention that 75% of the readers rides are T-Maxx's. Bash me all you want about my abilty to tune, competance towards RC, or weather I should have a job at a hobby shop, but in the end I'm not going home to a cheap piece of crap toy and YOU are!!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:34 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

yeah you know that is says hpi in my sig thats because i want a carpet racer thats the only decent thing they had im regretting owning that hpi micro everytime i fix something something else breaks its amazing the lack of strength hpi has in their cars!!!!!! and i know a hpi savage couldnt live a jump over a house but seriously if you like your car you wouldnt jump it over a house and try to break it..... are you that stupid??? not cheap hahaha your funny wow it seems everything in this hobby that is top of the line like traxxas, isnt cheap they are expensive!! and since you like hpi so much then why did you choose to work at a duratrax and traxxas hobby shop???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.