Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Tamiya VS Others

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:16 PM
J-RO29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya VS Others

hey there im justy wondering how the electric Tamiya Cars compare to the HPi, Losi, Traxxas, and Associated cars. any thoughts?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:46 PM
usernametaken

Default RE: Tamiya VS Others

you might get better responses in the electric cars thread. but if you want my observations from what I see at the racetrack tamiya make excellent cars if you are talking about the trf 415 etc high end car. Hpi hot bodies cyclone is another great car for the track as well. I dont see many race the Losi, Associated are very popular as well especially the new tc5.
It depends on how much you want to spend and how competitive. But if your main question is quality/competitiveness of tamiya then you wont have a problem, parts should be very easy to get as well.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Suprachrgd82

Tamiya vehcles, with a few exceptions, are built primarily for scale realism. Many of the Tamiya vehicles will match the full scale counterpart in drivetrain, appearance, and performance. They appeal to most of us who do not race competitively and enjoy RC as hobby.

There are some competition level (TRF415, TB Evo, TNX, TA05MS, etc) that are exceptional performers. The parts are high quality and precision.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Scavolini

I got the Moore Speed Cyclone edition.
This was my hop up from my original RS4 sport turned RS4 pro over the years.

Coming from an HPI following, I decided to keep inside the HPI family.
There is a Moore Speed Cyclone video somewhere on the web (youtube) or yahoo or google videos that shows this kit:

1. Winning the cup (2006)
2. A british program racing the car against a full size mini cooper on a racetrack.
You really get a feel for how agile and responsive the kit is with the videos....while you're still guessing with others if you don't have a track to watch or pros you trust to ask.

It's amazingly more responsive than my old RS4. I consider the Hot Bodies Cyclone the new RS4 (even though there is a Sprint RS4 by HPI which is more of a basher).