Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

traxxas 4-tec glow plug problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Nathan K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas 4-tec glow plug problem

Whats up guys..Ive got an older 4-tec with the .15 in it. The thing has sat for quite some time while I was away from RC, and i just kinda randomly decided to get it running again. The only issue I can find right now is that the glow plug isnt glowing. I tossed the old one out today and got a brand new one and still nothing. It has the electric start, and i pulled the wire out and put the plug in out of the engine, but still no glow. All the wires look fine, the only thing I could imagine is an issue inside the piece that connects directly to the plug. Any Advice? sorry for the long post, but im stumped
Old 10-03-2007, 04:42 PM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: traxxas 4-tec glow plug problem

Borrow an external igniter fully charged and check the glow plug. If it glows then the problem is from the circuit or from the battery you use (in that case get a polymeter and check the voltage). If glow plug doesn't glow then the glowplug is the problem...simply get a new one. From what you say you've got a new glow plug so I'm 99,9999999999% sure that the problem comes from the circuit or from the battery you use cause It's nearly impossible to buy a bad glowplug.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Nathan K

how could the battery be the issue? Its a standard 7.2v and the motor that runs the electric start is spinning like a charm. And you say it could be from the circuit, what exactly do you mean by that? sorry.. newb here[8D]
Old 10-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Nathan K

scratch that, i found the problem. The plug is in fact good, but i did not know it wouldnt light unless it was grounded to the engine, and i had tried that earlier, but with the starter motor unhooked, therefore the circuit was broken[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 PM
GYNAIKAS

If it spins then It's not from the battery. Either one of the glow plug wres is broken somewere or one of theconnections has failed. Check all the connections from at the glow plug and the battery and if possible replace the wires with new ones.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
GYNAIKAS

LOL you posted while I was writing my reply. All set then i suppose...problem solved!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Nathan K

[8D] thanks for the help
Old 10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
GYNAIKAS

I didn't do anything...it was all your!!! Nice job...sometimes experimenting is wise!!!