Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Where to get parts for the 18SS motor?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Where to get parts for the 18SS motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:55 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get parts for the 18SS motor?

I would like to just purchase the entire motor if possible, but where could I get parts for it?

I called HPI and they said that the company producing the engine went out of business and that's why it is discontinued. I'm sure that there have to be some companies out there that still have some items in stock from this motor, or the entire motor itself.

If any one could please point me to the right direction, then that would be greatly appreciated, OR if there are any .18 motors out there that have a rotary carb, pull start and a PURPLE head.

Also, does anyone know if the 18SS head would fit onto any other .18 or .15 sized motor? If so, then I would just purchase an OS motor down the line and put the new purple head onto it.

thanks,
dan
Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 PM
oneofakindtrini

Default RE: Where to get parts for the 18SS motor?

well they were not lieing cause the 18ss+ got discontinued.. you can go on to the hpi site.. what this is it.. this the [link=http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/1617/]link [/link] to the engine. it says itz out out of stock.. and your other question if the head will fit.. it might but i am not sure because the hpi .18 and the o.s. .18 engine case can be different. Gyn might kno whe has a 18ss..
Old 08-22-2008, 01:46 PM
GYNAIKAS

The LRP z18s head is possibly a direct fit. But I'm 90% sre not 100%. If my modified 18ss dies someday the next baby will definately be a z18s...and of course I'll modify it too!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:43 PM
oneofakindtrini

Gynaikas did you modify your own engine or did you send it out to some to do it for you?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:00 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Just ordered a head from LHS...$58.xx...OUCH!

I'd rather have it now when they still have "limited quantities," than to try getting it later and have none available.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:01 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: trini4life

Gynaikas did you modify your own engine or did you send it out to some to do it for you?
I did it! I'm the one to blame! LOL All you need is a dremel, an extremely steady hand and lot of patience. PrjctStrtFrce I would do the same if I were you.