Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 05:03 AM
Car-Tune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

Anyone from Houston TX to race me?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:37 AM
Brent Davis

Default RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

ORIGINAL: apollodigital

hey Brent, good to hear you overcame the probs... my rs43 is heavier than the cd3 so I never had the issues you did... hope to run tonight in Germantown... Chat soon man!
Yeah Charlie I got it working good now. The only difference now though is the engine comes up REAL hard on the smaller tires where the larger tires cut the gears down some. I can change the CB gears out to tame it down some more but adding weight was definately the fix. I took the weight back off and the car was torque steering BAD again, added the weight back and presto.

Good luck out there in Germantown, it is supposed to be in the low to maybe 50's today and tomorrow with plenty of sunshine so I too will be playing with something.

Over_revo, where the pics at man?
Old 01-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Over_revO

LOL they are coming bro!

I had to order some stuff to complete the build, im waiting for all my gears before drilling new holes on the engine mounts,
ill have my brake pads in same time too, once ill receive my parts the build will go a lot faster.

I am currently fitting/trimming the stock body with the Kawaharas Ill get pics later today once i finish everything.
Some f my gear are out of stock from what Nitrohouse said but they will ship as soon as they get them.

I want to run a slightly diffrent combo.

1st gear 18T 41T
2nd gear 24T 37T

But i just see that the 41T is a second gear...i hope it still fit on the 1st gear holder or ill have to order a different one

I wanted to keep slightly more bottom end for first gear with the widest 2nd gear....

Ill keep this posted
Old 01-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Brent Davis

O.K., that is cool. I too have some gears that are back-ordered and YES the upgraded brakes are much better but I also put some fuel tubing on the brake shaft to give some cushion because the new brakes will grab and HOLD until you let go of the controller. You can adjust it to not put so much pressure but at 60+ MPH, that small amount of pressure aint enuff.

You may have not enuff mesh with that first gear choice as it totals 59 and your second gear totals 61 so that MAY be an issue. Definately keep us posted on your build.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Over_revO

LOL man im confused!
I meant 43T

18T/43T
24T/37T If i can get 70 out of that for my everyday setup ill be happy
Old 01-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: Over_revO

LOL man im confused!
I meant 43T

18T/43T
24T/37T If i can get 70 out of that for my everyday setup ill be happy

LMAO Over_revo, you my friend will get waaaaaaaaayyy more than 70 MPH out of that CD3 using your P9R. Do you remember the gear ratio from the 4-tec when it hit 83 MPH with the P9R in it? I have the stock 42/38 spurs with 17/23 right now and it is fun as you know what but I have ordered the same gearing as you have but as you say, they are back-ordered for now.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Over_revO

Heres few pics of the CD3 , im waiting for all the parts to complete it but so far ive fit the stock body with the kawaharas

Thats what i have so far, waiting for parts to drill the mounts..
I really like how the car is made.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:36 PM
nitrorevo

Mike, very nice job trimming around the tires. They look really nice on the car, actually don't stick out that far at all. Don't really notice it from the side. Gotta E-mail Adam to send me some of those nice AB Mods stickers.[8D]
Old 02-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Over_revO

Thx Tracey

Yeah the tires not exceding too much from the body im happy with the look
Old 02-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Brent Davis

Wow Over_revo, it looks pretty good mang. I am not a fan at all of the tires sticking out though but it looks mean. Thanks for the pics as well. What all have you ordered besides the gears? Over-all, what do you think of the CD3 car compared to a more expensive 4-tec[]?

Well for me, today was a GREAT day man. I did not get any video since my son normally is the one doing the video and he was at a sleep-over and I was alone. The .18 TZ CD3 was running GREAT today, the GO .21 CD3 just always impresses and of course the CD3 with the Kawahara tires and Kangaroo .21 ran EXTREMELY well since adding weight to it. I can't say that I have a favorite CD3 yet but I am kinda leaning towards the Kangaroo .21 since it has absolutely the most power of them all and now that the Kawaharas are holding, the power shows alot more with the smaller tires. They get roasted when I hit the throttle but still manage to get some grip. The 1/8 scale tires do hook better but at this point, I can't justify keeping the 1/8 scale tires on the car just yet.

nitrorevo, what's up man with your RS4? Anything new lately? Any new pics?
Old 02-01-2009, 06:55 PM
crxpro

A Over_revO what size are your rear tires bro ?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Over_revO

Thx Brent

Im not a fan of tires sticking outside either lol but i have no choice, ill fit the Lola body also soon.

The car look a LOT better than the 4tec, the center of gravity is better, it look stronger, better adjustability, stronger drivetrain, no belt!
And the fuel tank look clearly bigger.

Cant wait to run the car!

Good to know your CD3s are still doing well bro! Im pretty excited about this car ! If the P9R is way too much ill downgrade to my modified .18TZ, but i think ill be okay with the P9R hehe
Old 02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Over_revO

ORIGINAL: crxpro

A Over_revO what size are your rear tires bro ?

They are 40mm
Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
nitrorevo

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

Wow Over_revo, it looks pretty good mang. I am not a fan at all of the tires sticking out though but it looks mean. Thanks for the pics as well. What all have you ordered besides the gears? Over-all, what do you think of the CD3 car compared to a more expensive 4-tec[]?

Well for me, today was a GREAT day man. I did not get any video since my son normally is the one doing the video and he was at a sleep-over and I was alone. The .18 TZ CD3 was running GREAT today, the GO .21 CD3 just always impresses and of course the CD3 with the Kawahara tires and Kangaroo .21 ran EXTREMELY well since adding weight to it. I can't say that I have a favorite CD3 yet but I am kinda leaning towards the Kangaroo .21 since it has absolutely the most power of them all and now that the Kawaharas are holding, the power shows alot more with the smaller tires. They get roasted when I hit the throttle but still manage to get some grip. The 1/8 scale tires do hook better but at this point, I can't justify keeping the 1/8 scale tires on the car just yet.

nitrorevo, what's up man with your RS4? Anything new lately? Any new pics?
Brent,

Snuck a couple passes in today myself, just out in front of the house, still waiting on my care package of gears, turnbuckles, etc., Got the order off late.

So far, the car is very fun to drive, but I haven't pushed it yet. It can get away from you quick and covers a lot of groudn fast. When it hooks up...it's gone. The RS4 handles pretty good on the stock tires, only tore out a small patch of foam so far.[X(]

You were right about keeping the two speed. Glad I kept it. Finally, got it adjusted properly. Took the spring and ball out, added the heavy spring and re-adjusted. Car shifts nicely now. Still well under geared, but I like it the power. It's just sick down low, like a pro mod or funny car. I bet the 1/4 times would be very impressive. The stock RS4 parts also handled the power well, I can see for sure with taller gearing, the Kawahara tires will give plenty of traction.

Been doing my home work on available parts, and gonna try to gear it to keep the low end grunt and get the best top end possibl by using a 7 tooth gap between 1st and 2nd. Had to mix and match gears, but will try 19/44=63(almost the same as stock) and 26/37=63(way taller than stock). Hope it works, dropped $40 on gearing. If it does, I can get the best of both worlds, drag and get the best top end with the same setup.[8D]

So far, I like this car better than my IGT2. I may end up going strickly 1/10 and dropping my JLR.12 back in the RS4 and picking up a CD3 for the P9R.......but time will tell.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Over_revO

Thats awesome Tracey !

Brent ive ordered the gearing, the ball link (was aleady ordered when you told me its on the car already..) a Picco plug, the brake pads
and thats about it.

Once i will have the gearing i will work on the engine install and the rear shock tower mod.
I also have to order me a new tuned pipe.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Brent Davis

Over_revo, your P9R will work fine in that CD3 man, trust me. I reset my rear camber to 1 degree and the car responded a bit better from the 3 degrees that I orginally had since 3 degrees has the rear tire bowed inward a good bit so the 1 degree setting tracks a bit better going straight plus using the Kawaharas. Oh yeah I forgot to say that you will have more run-time with the CD3 and that fuel tank. They sell a seperate tank for legal racing that is a true 75cc tank. I am glad that you like the car. I just wonder why they never took to the public as good as I think they would have but oh well.

nitrorevo, man if you can get a CD3 now, get it before they go back up to $249 price range. The IGT is still a great car but man you are right, I have a DM-1 as well and I always fire my 1/10 scale cars up first and run them but the DM-1 is fast and fun though but I like harnessing this big block pwer in a small car.

Anyways guys keep pics coming and videos as you get them. I plan to hopefully get some vids soon too.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:21 AM
nitrorevo

Thats awesome Tracey !

Brent ive ordered the gearing, the ball link (was aleady ordered when you told me its on the car already..) a Picco plug, the brake pads
and thats about it.

Once i will have the gearing i will work on the engine install and the rear shock tower mod.
I also have to order me a new tuned pipe.
What pipe you going with. You already have the 086 right?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Over_revO

Ill keep the 086 for my revo, at least for the time ill run the OS28XZ in it.

Adam told me the new "hot" pipe for the P9R is the novarossi 2052
http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...novarossi51011

Ill have to give it a try, it also look shorter than the 086.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
nitrorevo

Ill keep the 086 for my revo, at least for the time ill run the OS28XZ in it.

Adam told me the new "hot" pipe for the P9R is the novarossi 2052
http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...novarossi51011

Ill have to give it a try, it also look shorter than the 086.

Sweet. In the pic., it does look a little shorter than your 086 and my J-P4, which would be a much better fit on these 1/10 scale cars. If Adam recommned it, then it must improve performance. That can push the P9R from 2.35 over 2.4hp. I think that's the same as the modded Picco .28. But still behind the modded, drive train killer O.S. .28XZ 2.51hp. LOL

I will pass on the pipe for now, since I had to get the tires and a couple more plugs from Kamikazee. Trying to keep the R/C budget under control this year, but it ain't easy bro. May have come up off the Jato.....[X(]
Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
apollodigital

posted these before but in case anyone is interested some hpi bodies, the de tomaso and the countach fit over the kawaharas...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70629.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1125996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96738.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1125997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46649.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1125998  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Over_revO

ORIGINAL: nitrorevo
Sweet. In the pic., it does look a little shorter than your 086 and my J-P4, which would be a much better fit on these 1/10 scale cars. If Adam recommned it, then it must improve performance. That can push the P9R from 2.35 over 2.4hp. I think that's the same as the modded Picco .28. But still behind the modded, drive train killer O.S. .28XZ 2.51hp. LOL

I will pass on the pipe for now, since I had to get the tires and a couple more plugs from Kamikazee. Trying to keep the R/C budget under control this year, but it ain't easy bro. May have come up off the Jato.....[X(]
So true! lol
I also want to keep the budget as low as possible this year, i will sell the Jato , once i have the guts to open the transmission and see whats going on with those bronze gears lol

Cant wait to hear how you like the kawaharas

Old 02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Over_revO

Thx for posting again Apollodigital , look very nice!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
apollodigital

i was telling Brent, I just got some serpent 835's for a big block project... I will be posting pics.... a true 235mm chassis... lets wait and see
Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Brent Davis

Over_revo, make sure that you use a dab of blue loc-tite on the rear nuts for the wheels. Because of the wheel design of the Kawahara rears, you don't get any threads to go past the nut and I have actually lost a nut or two running without loc-tite but once I added loc-tite, no more coming loose or off.

apollodigital, man you sound very excited on the phone about those cars. I wanna see them too and see what the hype is all about. You just may peak my interest but me like Over_revo and nitrorevo, I need to watch spending so much cash this year on these cars. I don't even want to add up reciepts

nitrorevo, I use the 086 pipe as well as my boat pipes. The boat pipe makes more instant off the line power but the 086 has the top end power and that is the pipe that I will keep. I bet that newer pipe works very well too though.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Over_revO

Thx for the tips on the nut i will make sure its done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.