Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

nitro tc3 been sitting around

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Xirian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro tc3 been sitting around

i have a nitro tc3 with a nova rossi engine that has been sitting around since about 06. due to multiple deployments to iraq i havent been able to run this thing.
well i got it out and tried to turn the motor, i almost thought it locked up till i soaked it brake cleaner and all the rust came flowing out. now its really smooth. even seems like it still has some compression. whats the odds this thing will crank again? also i have had the same fuel since about 05. is this stuff still good? whats the shelf life? it seems like it lost some color. im gonna buy some more anyways i was jw.
so i was wondering if i have to rebuild this nova rossi, is it possible? is it worth it? should i just buy a OS and save me the trouble?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Xirian

Default RE: nitro tc3 been sitting around

update. ok i figured out the rust colored stuff in the motor i think was oil leftover from the nitro drying up. took apart the engine and and sprayed down with brake cleaner and let sit over night. today i got some new gas and ran it thru without igniting. worked really smooth. so i tried really starting it up. 2 pulls and it was up and running really smooth. let it idle for a min then it decided to open its self up. this thing ran like i never took a break with it. then i got a little cocky and and took it out for a test drive. 2 mins in i lost signal and it took off wide open jumped the curb into my work truck. no damage but i need a fail safe.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice , just broke my ntc3 out also. Had to rebuild the carb, (sat for 2 yrs.) all the o-rings were totally dried out. Got it tuned and ready to get beat. Have fun with it , I know I will.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:38 PM
ondacomup76
My Feedback: (1)

I bought two ntc3's off this guy for $200.00. Had to clean the jets in the carb on both, lost an o-ring in the process. The car ran well, (I'm almost ashamed to say) I kinda like running my RS4 more though. Iordered a LRP Z12R spec 3 for the TC3, I'm sure I'll like it much better once it's installed. Are you guys running the original AE 15's?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Xirian

i overheated my stock engine 1 too many times. i now have a nova rossi in it.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:12 AM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oohhh, the NTC3, i hate it, i love it, it's turmoil, it's bliss. the one i have has been majorly altered. i put the HPI S25 in it and until i got the version2 suspension in the rear end ,i couldn't get it to hook up for anything. here are some pics of the car if anyone wants to convert theirs to a big block i am willing to share some secrets.