Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

WLtoys 12428 problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 10:49 PM
Georgrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WLtoys 12428 problem

Hi gyes. Glad to meet you here. I am new member and I would like to ask your help.
I own such a car one year now and suddenly I have a problem. Reverse control is completely lost and also forward control "stuck" sometimes, therefor I have to move trigger to reverse direction to stop the car running. Do you have any idea where may be the problem, car or remote controller? Where to begin searching from? I am noob, you know..
Regards. Thanks

Last edited by Georgrc; 02-23-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:46 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The electronics on WLToys vehicles are junk. The ESC (electronic speed control), servo driver and receiver are all one unit. If one function goes out, you have to replace the whole thing. Likewise, the transmitter is not very reliable. So, most owners buy a new transmitter and reciver, a 3-wire servo and a brushed ESC - all separate components.
Components most often used can be found here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...428-MOD-Thread
The following users liked this post:
Georgrc (03-11-2020)
Old 03-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Georgrc

Thank you so much for information. You know, my own car I don't really know what origin is, JJRC, WLtoys or Feiyue (actually it is this one: h ttp s://www.aliexpress.com/item/32949434488.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d2z3 A9d ) but I guess components are the same. For the moment (because of the kids pressing) I will try replace the stock electronic system with a new one and later to change with that "triple" you propose. I also have to notice that very interesting and helpful "rcgroups.com" link.
Thank you again.
George
Old 03-02-2020, 11:20 AM
kodak_jack

When I try to put that link into a search engine, it just goes to AliExpress. Some parts may be used by multiple vehicles, but many are for the specific one you have. The best thing to do, so you don’t waste money is to go by the part numbers in the owner’s manual. If you don’t have a manual, maybe a picture would help identify what you have
Old 03-04-2020, 09:32 PM
Georgrc

Yes, you are right, I gave you the link of my private purchase, therefor you can not open that. Anyway, after research in the owner's manual I realized that all parts begin as FY-, so it is Feiyue and that way I found out the number of the stock receiver. Thank you for all.

P.S. I apologize for my English level. I am sure it is not the best
Old 03-05-2020, 02:47 AM
kodak_jack

So, you are saying that you do NOT have a WLToys 12428, but a Feiyue 03? I'm glad you got that straightened out or would have been buying parts that would not work. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:26 AM
Georgrc

Yes, that is right. It is a Feiyue and looking the pictures around the Web it is FY-03 as you said. You know, nowhere on the box, neither in the manual is mentioned Feiyue, therefor I thought it is WLtoys. Maybe it is a copy of the original Feiyue 03, who knows but I don't care, worked fine for one and half year. I resend you the link again:
h t tps://www.aliexpress.com/item/32949434488.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dbSb lYy
F
or the moment I will disassemble vehicle to inspect for broken or disconnected cables to be sure it is ok (or not) and after that will order the new receiver. By the way, in case of receiver's replacement (FY-RX01), is it necessary after installation to make any adjustements to pair receiver's frequency with the remote controller's transmition or is it "plug'n play" ??
Thanks
George, Greece

Last edited by Georgrc; 03-05-2020 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:55 AM
kodak_jack

You will have to rebind the new receiver to your transmitter. It should be in the owner’s manual.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:13 AM
Georgrc

Originally Posted by kodak_jack
You will have to rebind the new receiver to your transmitter. It should be in the owner’s manual.
In the owner's manual there is no refer about binding receiver/transmitter. Whether I buy that, I quess that will be possible.
Thanks
Old 03-08-2020, 03:01 AM
kodak_jack

Originally Posted by Georgrc
In the owner's manual there is no refer about binding receiver/transmitter. Whether I buy that, I quess that will be possible.
Thanks
In my manual, it says:

How To Code
1. Turn on the remote controller, and the power light on the controller will flash red and green. Then turn on the model car, and the light on the receiver will flash.
2. Turn the steering wheel on the remote controller until the power light on the controller turns green, and the light on the receiver stops flashing, which means they are coded.

Hope that helps.
The following users liked this post:
Georgrc (03-11-2020)
Old 03-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Georgrc

Thanks for the useful information. By the way, what brand is your vehicle which in the owner's manual is mentioned this information? WLtoys?
Old 03-10-2020, 02:45 AM
kodak_jack

I have a WLToys 12428, just like you do. It's probably 3 years old now. Mine is very extensive modified mostly because of the inexpensive parts it is made with.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:44 AM
Georgrc

Great. Mine is made with cheap parts too, I guess, especially if that's a copy of the original Feiyue. Next days I will order receiver from China and come back here after replacement.
Thanks a lot.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:44 AM
Georgrc

Receiver arrived. After replacement device is "back in life" again.. Did not need to bind receiver/transmitter.
Thanks

Last edited by Georgrc; 05-11-2020 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:09 PM
Serg22

Default problem with controller and car 12428 receiving signal

Hello. I recently purchased the 12428 RC car and after very little use it will not run anymore despite a full battery charge on both the car and remote control. In an effort to recode the RC to the car receiver when I first turn on the remote control I only get a blinking red light. When I power on the car and turn the control wheel the red light on the RC stays on and I hear a high-pitched noise from the car. At this point turning the control wheel only slightly moves the front tires however no power is given when engaging the throttle trigger on the controler. Unfortunately I have no clue on what is going on and I appreciate anyone's input. Thank you

Originally Posted by kodak_jack
In my manual, it says:

How To Code
1. Turn on the remote controller, and the power light on the controller will flash red and green. Then turn on the model car, and the light on the receiver will flash.
2. Turn the steering wheel on the remote controller until the power light on the controller turns green, and the light on the receiver stops flashing, which means they are coded.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:13 PM
Georgrc

Originally Posted by Serg22
Hello. I recently purchased the 12428 RC car and after very little use it will not run anymore despite a full battery charge on both the car and remote control. In an effort to recode the RC to the car receiver when I first turn on the remote control I only get a blinking red light. When I power on the car and turn the control wheel the red light on the RC stays on and I hear a high-pitched noise from the car. At this point turning the control wheel only slightly moves the front tires however no power is given when engaging the throttle trigger on the controler. Unfortunately I have no clue on what is going on and I appreciate anyone's input. Thank you
Hello. I see that you have not got any reply. I had similar problem with my Feyue. You first make an inspection inside remote controller (cables, connectors etc) but carefully not to break something. According to my poor experience all such problems are because of damaged receiver/ESC (two in one device). To me, after dismounted this device, I saw the plastic case downside was melted because of high temperature. I changed that and all ok.