Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

building a crawler need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 PM
DirftTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building a crawler need help

I am building a rock crawler and I have a few questions 1) can you use the EX-10 Helios 3rd channel radio for rear wheel steering? and 2) can you compine 2 ESC's BEC so you can have two times the current? thats it for now thanks for the help.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:42 PM
5150bronco

Default RE: building a crawler need help

You do need a 3 channel, go with the tq3 setup, by making your own switch for rear steer. Look on rccrawler for more info.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Default RE: building a crawler need help

If the 3rd channel is also linear proportional then you can use it. It would not work if its only 2 position. You can use the same channel for your front steering to control another servo for the rear steering. You will need a Y splitter servo cable. This will control both front and rear at the same time. You can set it up so the tires all point at the same direction, or both front opposite both rear.

Dont quite understand your 2nd question. Are you planning to run 2 motors?