Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Should I get a Losi Micro Rock Crawler?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Should I get a Losi Micro Rock Crawler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
traxxaspede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get a Losi Micro Rock Crawler?

I really want one, but my dad thinks they don't look very good because there so small and that it would be better to buy a 10th scale. I said the cheapest good 10th scale is a Venom Creeper, which is 200+ with electronics (we already have extra RX/ESC) and we don't have anywhere to drive them around the house besides the little rock pile in the yard, which would get boring with the 10th really quick, but would be entertaining with the Micro for hours and everything would be a fun challenge, not to mention the $100 price difference. I know I would like the Micro more, but I just need some reassurance that it's a good choice. Also, what are some good easy mods (cut foams, move batt/esc down, add wheel weights) and what's the run time with the stock (150mAh) battery? How capable are they box-stock and what kind of gearing options are there?
Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Default RE: Should I get a Losi Micro Rock Crawler?

I was honestly pretty close to buying one of these today. Then I saw how big they really are.. They might be good for crawling on a desk thats about it. It seemed really small.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Spoo76

I honestly got my MCRC for the same reason, i wanted a 1/10 or even better a scaler
But where I live in south FL there isnt much as far as rocks to crawl

when i saw this little MCRC i checked out the misc forums and youtube i ended up buying one for myself and one as an xmas gift!
they are addictive and have me spending all kinds of $$ on RC again haha

They crawl great out of the box, you can cheaply and easily make your own extended links and driveshafts, weight the wheels, move battery to rear axle and esc/RX to the front axle
that alone will help

I honestly want another one as one is going into a 1/20 body for something scale but i would like a mini comp rig
Old 01-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Alpha Male
My Feedback: (11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqQpiMHgio

Love mine. The only mods to this truck other than the BWD wheel rings, are...

1) cut the foams down to half their original height
2) weighted the wheels internally with stick-on lead weights
3) installed white Miro-T springs stretched to stock spring length

That's it. The truck drives and crawls very well for its size. [sm=thumbs_up.gif] I even had fun creating my own course called the Devil's Playground. Run time is only about 10 minutes on the stock battery but better if you upgrade to LiPo. The ESC has LiPo cut-off, so no other upgrades are needed.

I bought two more for myself. One I am modifying into a 1:12 scale ATV and the other into a 1:18 scale Land Rover.

Jason