Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:24 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the wing as it stands. Lots of pin striping to be applied but I (my back) have had enough of the standing and bending over. I am going to head home for the weekend and will be back Monday to do some more.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	371.4 KB
ID:	2022384  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:26 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:30 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah backs tend to set our pace. Mine does, that is for sure.

We will see ya next week

Oh wait seeing the plane is great, you hmmmm not so much

Ken
Old 08-14-2014, 09:53 AM
squirrly
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool painting. I don't think you could have painted them any more perfect. Dead on spacing. I bet like any paint job it took you twice as long to tape everything off. Take it easy on the back. Mine is the same. Can't stand too long, sit too long, bend, lift ect, ect...nothing that a little TV ( football is back) and a pain pill can't handle. Don't forget about the Blenderm tape. A lot of us at my field use it. Rest up...Jeff
Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM
acerc

So you can see what I am talking about with the pin striping here are a couple pics.

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	88
Size:	888.6 KB
ID:	2022392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 2.png
Views:	96
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	2022393  
Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 AM
acerc

Originally Posted by squirrly
Very cool painting. I don't think you could have painted them any more perfect. Dead on spacing. I bet like any paint job it took you twice as long to tape everything off. Take it easy on the back. Mine is the same. Can't stand too long, sit too long, bend, lift ect, ect...nothing that a little TV ( football is back) and a pain pill can't handle. Don't forget about the Blenderm tape. A lot of us at my field use it. Rest up...Jeff
Actually the first time I used vinyl templates, they really cut down on the taping time. It's the redo's and touch ups that have killed me, those have had to be taped. Don't worry about the blenderm, I wrote it down so I can look it up.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 AM
acerc

Originally Posted by squirrly
Actually the first time I used vinyl templates, they really cut down on the taping time. It's the redo's and touch ups that have killed me, those have had to be taped. Don't worry about the blenderm, I wrote it down so I can look it up.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:02 AM
acerc

Now why in the hades did RCU double post that???
Old 08-14-2014, 11:36 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by acerc
Now why in the hades did RCU double post that???
The site's software hates you and is out to get you!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:33 PM
uncletwist

So you can see what I am talking about with the pin striping here are a couple pics.
Ouch, that reminds me of all the time I spend on my J/W color scheme for the Realflight Pitts. They were really time consuming areas. Looking great Ace..
Old 08-14-2014, 02:46 PM
acerc

Thank you UT, we need a name for you other than the UT.
Guys, Gary at Decal-it is the best. I had a couple more decals and he got them right out. Plus a little surprise in the bag. There was one that was just to difficult and tedious to do, but apparently the best don't stop there. In the envelope with my order was a set of that decal, and it is perfect. I will never go to anyone else again as long as he is in business. Simply the best decals, and definitely the best service.
Thank you Gary!!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:13 PM
uncletwist

Thank you UT, we need a name for you other than the UT.
Guys, Gary at Decal-it is the best. I had a couple more decals and he got them right out. Plus a little surprise in the bag. There was one that was just to difficult and tedious to do, but apparently the best don't stop there. In the envelope with my order was a set of that decal, and it is perfect. I will never go to anyone else again as long as he is in business. Simply the best decals, and definitely the best service.
Thank you Gary!!
m
What would you suggest....????, I`m up for a change,...but Uncletwist does have a story behind it,.which I probably should`nt reveal here...,.(anyone can.PM me if you want, and I`ll give you the details).it was just a nickname/sign of the times (70`s) Twist/70`s should be a clue. At any rate Ace, show us the decals ..and surprise package, inquiring minds need to know...
Old 08-14-2014, 03:47 PM
acerc

Umm, your first name.
Here are the latest decals.

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	462.4 KB
ID:	2022472  
Old 08-14-2014, 05:08 PM
uncletwist

Umm, your first name.
Here are the latest decals.
First name,.. Rick.......your surprise decals came out great... I`m surprised I got those right....,,they were hard to research on my end, did the best I could do with what I had
Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM
acerc

Thanks Rick,
I have, what I thought was, a really good photo of it. But I think the issue was in the fine details not coming through well. I don't know how he did it but I love that he did. I don't think I have told you but I got in contact with the gentleman that ended up with the wreck. He was more than willing to give me all the photos of everything I asked for and a couple I did not. Such as the IP configuration, and then Jacquie told me what was in each opening. I have been helped from almost anyone with any regards to this airframe, even the mechanic (I think he was the mechanic) has been on the thread offering details.

Name:	25.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	2022494  
Old 08-14-2014, 05:28 PM
stevegauth30

There's something about the aviation community weather RC or full scale that people almost always want to help. Your really impressing me Robert. That will be a hot rod for sure. Not only that but you probably picked the most complex scheme out there and your nailing it.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:41 PM
rs917

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
There's something about the aviation community—whether RC or full scale—that people almost always want to help.
Originally Posted by stevegauth30
You're really impressing me Robert. That will be a hot rod for sure. Not only that but you probably picked the most complex scheme out there and you're nailing it.
Agreed 100% on both points.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:00 PM
uncletwist

Thanks Rick,
I have, what I thought was, a really good photo of it. But I think the issue was in the fine details not coming through well. I don't know how he did it but I love that he did. I don't think I have told you but I got in contact with the gentleman that ended up with the wreck. He was more than willing to give me all the photos of everything I asked for and a couple I did not. Such as the IP configuration, and then Jacquie told me what was in each opening. I have been helped from almost anyone with any regards to this airframe, even the mechanic (I think he was the mechanic) has been on the thread offering details.
You are in deed, a lucky person to have the resources that you have, I`d love to be in your shoes......
Old 08-15-2014, 05:24 AM
FlyerInOKC

Uncletwist, you could always go for my standby screen name: Baron Von Crashinburnin
Old 08-15-2014, 05:26 AM
FlyerInOKC

Robert, I got another order in yesterday from Gary over at Decal-it they were great! Lines nice and crisp! He threw in a couple different style prop decals the level of detail on such small decals is unbelievable!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:26 AM
acerc

Originally Posted by uncletwist
You are in deed, a lucky person to have the resources that you have, I`d love to be in your shoes......
I appreciate the kind words but all I use is the internet. I have an airframe in mind for my next build and could only find four photos of it, it is a custom build. I looked it up on the FAA registry, and it list the current owner with an address. I have mailed a letter to him describing what I am doing and would like some detailed photos. Currently waiting for a response.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:43 AM
FlyerInOKC

Robert, I think half the fun of a custom build is finding the resources you need to pull the project off. I have spent years researching the Ryan SC because I wanted to build it, actually two versions) because my first wood kit, and what started my addiction, was the old Comet Ryan SC rubber-band powered kit which retailed for a whole $1.00 back then. Was that build ever crude but I was hooked! The Ryan will be my next project if/when I ever get a certain 182 done. I have steadfastly refused to start another project until it's finished. All the while stealing every good idea I see from you, Tom, and some others for modifications to this airplane.

So what is this mystery airplane you are dreaming of? I won't tell it will be our secret. How about a hint like a tail number or something?
Old 08-15-2014, 09:27 AM
acerc

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Robert, I think half the fun of a custom build is finding the resources you need to pull the project off. I have spent years researching the Ryan SC because I wanted to build it, actually two versions) because my first wood kit, and what started my addiction, was the old Comet Ryan SC rubber-band powered kit which retailed for a whole $1.00 back then. Was that build ever crude but I was hooked! The Ryan will be my next project if/when I ever get a certain 182 done. I have steadfastly refused to start another project until it's finished. All the while stealing every good idea I see from you, Tom, and some others for modifications to this airplane.

So what is this mystery airplane you are dreaming of? I won't tell it will be our secret. How about a hint like a tail number or something?
Nope! But it is referred to as a Skywalker by most.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:57 AM
uncletwist

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Uncletwist, you could always go for my standby screen name: Baron Von Crashinburnin
Now that`s a good one, but to much typing for repliers, I would think, thank god the last part of that screen name has`nt come to fruition for me ....yet....
Old 08-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Rick, Jacquie Warda is scheduled for Wings Over Wine Country airshow on September 20 & 21. What-da-ya say I come up there and we go get our picture taken with her? We have an "in" now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.