Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:31 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, as seen in the thread it is well equipped, IP, seat, throttle, joy stick, radio, fuel tank, and shoulder/belt harness Plus, not in the thread yet, (drum roll here) a bust in the likeness of Jacquie B of which I will finish out the body. Not dead scale or absolute complete, but very close.

Last edited by acerc; 08-18-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:40 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We all maybe a little swayed by this thread Ace, but if you get these kind of responses from a forum thread, then one can imagine how it would be received at a competition event... looks alone will draw a crowd... I've seen reworked ARF's get honorable mention... definitely worth it Ace, and like everyone keeps telling me "I can't win the lottery if I don't buy a ticket"

.John M,
Old 08-18-2014, 07:29 PM
uncletwist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
Well, as seen in the thread it is well equipped, IP, seat, throttle, joy stick, radio, fuel tank, and shoulder/belt harness Plus, not in the thread yet, (drum roll here) a bust in the likeness of Jacquie B of which I will finish out the body. Not dead scale or absolute complete, but very close.
I recall the part about her bust, No pun intended, and I recall the pics. of the IP.... decals in the cockpit etc. , was just wondering if you were going to follow through with those plans. I`m going to take that as a yes. it will go a long way towards a good top gun finish,..for sure.... can`t wait to see the finished model
Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Robert this past Saturday I was at a scale meet in Wenatchee, Wash. put on by the Red Apple fliers, planes came from all over the North West, Canada, Oregon, Montana, Idaho and even Calif.not to mention Washington. "Man was it an eye opener, some of the most beautiful planes I have ever seen up close and personal. I had gone to show my Mustang which was said to be a master class sport scale plane, It was there to sell but those intrested in it wasn't packing the kind of money I was asking but that sell may still happen a bit later. I also took the SW and they had never seen anything like it, I was asked to put it in the runway line up for viewing by spectators and pilots, needless to say there was alot of picture taking. There was well over a hundred planes at this 3 day event and I learned alot of what it takes to win in this kind of competition. There are several classes of planes in scale meets but it is not the masters, that is where yours belongs, could it score 100 points I don't know but in it's class that could be possible not to mention the attention it would surely get. Do it, it will surely make the magazines.

Leroy
Old 08-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Robert this past Saturday I was at a scale meet in Wenatchee, Wash. put on by the Red Apple fliers, planes came from all over the North West, Canada, Oregon, Montana, Idaho and even Calif.not to mention Washington. "Man was it an eye opener, some of the most beautiful planes I have ever seen up close and personal. I had gone to show my Mustang which was said to be a master class sport scale plane, It was there to sell but those intrested in it wasn't packing the kind of money I was asking but that sell may still happen a bit later. I also took the SW and they had never seen anything like it, I was asked to put it in the runway line up for viewing by spectators and pilots, needless to say there was alot of picture taking. There was well over a hundred planes at this 3 day event and I learned alot of what it takes to win in this kind of competition. There are several classes of planes in scale meets but it is not the masters, that is where yours belongs, could it score 100 points I don't know but in it's class that could be possible not to mention the attention it would surely get. Do it, it will surely make the magazines.

Leroy
Old 08-19-2014, 02:31 AM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

I agree, put it in Robert! You have done so much work in your documentation (which so many fall short of) and then your execution of it on the build has been has been as I said before very impressive. It will be tough having others (judges) critique your work, but take it in good form and it will make you an even better builder. Go for it...
Old 08-19-2014, 05:32 AM
stevegauth30

I have a feeling you would do well. And if nothing else, it will get you on to the scale comp. Scene where you belong.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:15 AM
acerc

Thanks for all the great responses and I'll definitely consider it. I have always though it would be cool to be able to enter one not so much as looking to win but more to just be part of. But for now back to the build. With fresh eyes I gave it a good walk around and there are a couple things that need some care. One is the ailerons are not of the bright white so I will give them another coat of paint. Second is one of the feather streams on the eagle, see pic, is to long. It runs under the windscreen frame so it will need shortening. So I will spend the day addressing these and what ever else comes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	411 - Copy.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	2023630  
Old 08-19-2014, 07:05 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Not yes but H$LL YE$! I've seen lesser planes win.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:34 AM
acerc

Well fella's I just got hit with a major set back, time wise. I was taping up the ailerons for the white, knowing I had not placed the gold border trim on yet, but realized that I do not have enough of the gold to do them. It will take about 11' of tape and I only have 3' left on the 150' roll. So I will have to order another roll and should have it by Friday but I will be heading home Thursday. The real time killer is the fact that I can not come back next week because of prior scheduled engagements. But maybe I can get back Friday and finish it before the weekend is up, we'll have to wait and see.
Currently the feathers have been fixed as well as a couple minor spots on the cowl was touched up. Now to go and spray those ailerons, I think that will be it.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 AM
acerc

Woo Hoo!! The local auto parts store had a small roll of gold, not the same shade but I can hit it with my gold like I did the vinyl stuff. I have sprayed the white on the ailerons and the gold on the tape, in a couple hours I can put the stripe on. As it stands the clear will be going on tomorrow, so back on schedule.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:46 AM
rs917

Good news!
Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Rock on Robert rock on.

Really looking forward to seeing this bird assemble.

Ken
Old 08-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I'm getting in a little late, but I'll go ahead and say.... You'd better enter that thing in Top Gun! Like someone once told me about a tough cycling event when I was afraid of getting a DNF (Did Not Finish), there are those who get DNF's and then those that got DNT's (Didn't Not even Try!). Go for it!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:48 AM
FlyerInOKC

Woo Hoo!! The local auto parts store had a small roll of gold, not the same shade but I can hit it with my gold like I did the vinyl stuff. I have sprayed the white on the ailerons and the gold on the tape, in a couple hours I can put the stripe on. As it stands the clear will be going on tomorrow, so back on schedule.
Happy days are here again!!!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:07 PM
acerc

Everything is done and "NO", I am not doing another walk around, nope not gonna!! In the morning I will vac, wipe, mix, and shoot. Thursday I can load it all in the trailer for it's return home.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:08 PM
stevegauth30

Back to smiles all around. That's great news.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:09 PM
stevegauth30

Then final assembly?
Old 08-19-2014, 12:29 PM
FlyerInOKC

Everything is done and "NO", I am not doing another walk around, nope not gonna!! In the morning I will vac, wipe, mix, and shoot. Thursday I can load it all in the trailer for it's return home.
A most wise decision!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:55 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
Then final assembly?
Final assembly will take place at home, starting Monday. But as I have said it won't happen over night because I still have to finish making the cabane cover and the canopy rail mounts.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:08 PM
stevegauth30

I guess that's what I meant to ask. If there was still more fabricating or just assembly. Either way, your close.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:39 PM
squirrly
My Feedback: (3)

Great job Robert!! It looks AWESOME!!! You probably picked one of the most difficult paint schemes. All the rest will be easier. Unless you decide different. Enjoy whats left to work on. Once its all done and your like me you'll get bored real quick then start another build which means more money.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:18 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
I guess that's what I meant to ask. If there was still more fabricating or just assembly. Either way, your close.
No sweat brother, I don't always know what is meant by what is asked so to cover the bases I answer fully.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:22 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by squirrly
Great job Robert!! It looks AWESOME!!! You probably picked one of the most difficult paint schemes. All the rest will be easier. Unless you decide different. Enjoy whats left to work on. Once its all done and your like me you'll get bored real quick then start another build which means more money.
Thank you squirrely. Is has been a more difficult task than any other model I have done. Bored? Ha! I am not done but am already bored in the down time. This evening I spent mowing in the pasture just for something to do. And I have already started working out details in my head for the next model. And, no, nothing like this one and probably won't ever be another one like this one. At least not this size anyway.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:44 AM
FlyerInOKC

Time to kick back with an easy build!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.