Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Engine for A Stuka

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Engine for A Stuka

Old 07-14-2013, 06:59 AM
BOLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine for A Stuka

I'm planning to get an ESM stuka Ju 87. I have a new Magnum 1.08 2 cy. engine in the box. I would like to know if this is enough engine for this plane or if the model would be underpowered with it which one would you recommend me?

Thanks in advance for you input
Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 AM
jack steward350
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Engine for A Stuka

If the Magnum 1.08 is comparable to the OS 1.08 in power then yes it would be a good choice for the esm stuka. I used an OS 1.08 in a 1/4 scale triplane that was scratch built and it proved more than enough juice to fly the bird. I also know of a dauntless dive bomber that has been flying for years on an OS 1.08. The dauntless weighs well...and I mean well over 20 pounds. Stuka dive bomber...Dauntless dive bomber.....if the magnum is compareable to the OS it will work and you will be pleased. I would not hesitate to use it. Prop it right!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
BOLT

Default RE: Engine for A Stuka

Thank you Jack !!!!!!!!

Now I can put my funds into the airplane. I plan to add a full cockpit job and weathering to the bird.

good flying to you !!!!!!
Bolt