Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Someone to build a super scale Corsair Cockpit 1:1.4

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Wanted: Someone to build a super scale Corsair Cockpit 1:1.4

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Daveyrt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Someone to build a super scale Corsair Cockpit 1:1.4

I am looking for an Artisan.. Someone with the talent, desire, creativity, and ability to do something really special. I need you to build me a custom 1:4.5 museum detailed Corsair Cockpit. I would like a "Tub" concept so I can insert it complete into a CARF Corsair Shell. If you are interested and would like to make a small fortune, please email me directly at [email protected]

The Corsair is not just any Corsair, but a FG-1D restoration Show Bird making the airshow circuit called SkyBoss.. it has a custom designed instrument panel but the cockpit is stock but for its color. This would make a wonderful addition to someones sales inventory after you complete mine, as there is nothing on the market "ask me how I know" currently...

If you're interested please contact me directly...

Rick Davey
Austin, TX.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:07 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Call these guy's.. I'm sure they would love to do something for you.

http://www.iflytailies.com
Old 04-12-2016, 05:54 AM
Daveyrt

Greg...thank you for the information...I have emailed with Alex at length and told him, I had $4,000 budgeted for the cockpit...Not Interested!

I guess selling parts is more profitable than doing something special as a one off these days.... surprised me too!!

In fact NO ONE in the USA is interested...I guess all the artisans with knowledge of the REAL Corsair and the talent and time, not to mention desire have all succumb to Foam and a quick buck...

But, thank you anyway... AEROCOCKPIT.com has stepped up to the plate this morning with interest...

I will repost the results if we go forward with the build.

Rick Davey
Austin,TX
Old 04-12-2016, 11:42 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Most aren't interested because of TIME. I could build that cockpit too but I don't want to spend the time doing it. It's not a quick turn around project and most parts will have to be custom made.
I have a very good book with cockpits in it. So I'm not lacking for documentation.
I have an Aero cockpit in one of my FW190.'s and its a decent product. Very good for the most part.
I hope they can help you out.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Daveyrt

Bob...thanks, it's nice to know someone has experience with them before I ship money to them...I totally agree with you about the time involved but then I'm not asking for it to be done for free... $4000 is a pretty good chunk for someone that loves to build, has access to a 3D printer and wants to do something really special.

Rick
Old 04-13-2016, 05:30 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daveyrt
Greg...thank you for the information...I have emailed with Alex at length and told him, I had $4,000 budgeted for the cockpit...Not Interested!
Initially, iflytailies was just an importer/distributor for a Czech modeling company that did museum scale work. I can't remember right at the moment the name for the Czech company. But I do remember than their instrument panels were works of art! You might find that if you can contact them directly that they might be quite interested in taking on your project.

Anyone else remember the name? I recall that they had a very good reputation (perhaps even better than iflyfailies).
Old 04-13-2016, 05:33 AM
abufletcher

Maybe this was it:

http://www.aerocockpit.com/
Old 04-13-2016, 06:06 AM
Daveyrt

Guys...you have been great with your suggestions...I am in contact with them (Aerocockpit.com) and so far they are super responsive...they indeed do museum work, and Vitezslav in the Czech Republic has been most helpful. I will continue to post here as this process goes forward...it will take 4 months to produce the Cockpit but nice to know there is someone in earning money the old fashion way...

Rick
Old 04-13-2016, 08:05 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try contacting this member. One of the best scale modelers I know.[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: bfb77f"]dionysusbacchus[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 04-13-2016, 08:15 PM
abufletcher

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Try contacting this member. One of the best scale modelers I know.[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD]dionysusbacchus[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
+1

Check out this 1/8 scale Corsair cockpit by Luke (aka dinysusbacchus):

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...r-cockpit.html

Last edited by abufletcher; 04-14-2016 at 04:35 AM.