Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

P-47 Despretly Seeking HELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

P-47 Despretly Seeking HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 05:22 PM
asybra00
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-47 Despretly Seeking HELP!!

I am in the final stages of building up my Top Flight P-47 and am seeking two things......... One is, there are many planes out there that have actual BOMBS on the outer wings instead of tanks. What company is making them and how much are they?? Another question is i am going to be glassing it and painting it, but i am looking for more pics of the Luftwaffe P-47 version with the yellow tail and the yellow belly, but i can only find one pic. If anyone knows the two paint colors would be nice to know also. Hmmm theres more too. i bought a interior kit for it but it doesnt look like its going to fit, its not the larger kit im sure its the 1/8 scale but i was just curious......... and this will be my first airplane that ive actually built. Im pondering which plane to fly first this P-47 or the Lancair i just finished?? Either way whichever plane i fly will be my second plane. All ive flown is my trainer but i fly all the time on my simulator........ And YES YES YES i know its not the real thing but it does give a pretty good idea, im very impressed with the real flight sim. So my whole fleet consists so far of an Edge 540 ARF which i still need to build, my P-47 (being finished, pics included to show progress), my Lancair (DONE!!! FINALLY), and my trainer with floats cuz its winter in MN UNFORTUNATELY........ So if you can help at all MAN OH MAN would i appreciate it...... Other than that how does she look for my first kit plane??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67686.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	95727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72943.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	95728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64702.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	95729  
Old 01-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: P-47 Despretly Seeking HELP!!

A good book that has a lot of that history and quite a few side plates is ;

Strangers In A Strange Land by Hans-Heiri Stapfer Published by Squadron/Signals, There ISBN is 0-89747-198-9

Very good book! Should be quite helpful to you. If your local book store can't get it; try www.abebooks.com or www.bookfinder.com

As far as bombs are concerned Tower Hobbies used to carry some type of plastic bombs. Can't remember by who. But you can always make your own. The P-47's that the Luftwaffe tested usually had the bomb racks removed. At least that's what I've seen in the photo's.
[&:]
Old 01-30-2004, 09:05 PM
asybra00

Thanks for the advice, i will be going to barnes and noble tonight to get the book........ as for the bombs? Here is the only pic i can find. Its hard for me to tell but i think the racks are still on.

Name:	Qo39302.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	95788  
Old 01-30-2004, 09:30 PM
clscale-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

go to www.squadron.com

they have the best selection of books that I have seen.

also try www.autobooks-aerobooks.com, you can call and order mail order

they have a new book call "KG200 Geheim Geschwader", I think this was the german experimental squadron that flew the captured B-17's and P-47's. I think they also still have the Strangers in a strange land.

Best of luck,

Fred Cronenwett
Old 01-30-2004, 10:43 PM
Lucky Dog
My Feedback: (1)

Looks like the racks are there to me.
That should be a real attention getter at the field. Pretty neat and different.

Good luck on your search for more info!
Old 01-31-2004, 12:55 AM
asybra00

Thanks for the tips!! I am really trying to go with a scheme that is original. So i dont have to worry about seing the same paint scheme at the field i decide to fly at, so i think this should do. Im not into hitler or anything so dont go getting any bad ideas about me, please..........
Old 01-31-2004, 10:12 AM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

this is a great scheme. I have been researching it for over a year now.
my original P47 was going to this scheme, but I changed colors at the last
minute. I am now going with this color scheme for the 92" Ziroli I am
building. the scheme you sho, is slightly off of the actual captured plane.
it is close, but there where a few differences. I have found thru extensive
research a wonderful site on the internet for all of the color, and details
of this plane. happy hunting
Old 01-31-2004, 10:24 AM
asybra00

So im curious, would you be able to tell me the site you found?? Ive been searching and searching but can only find the same sites.............. [email protected]
Old 02-02-2004, 03:14 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.luftwaffe-experten.co.uk/republic.html[8D]
Old 02-02-2004, 07:31 PM
asybra00

Thanks for the site.......... Unfortunately i have seen this one......... It frustrates me greatly because there is only like 10 sites total that i can find, over and over again.......... Anyone have any ideas of how to make a sliding canopy?? Just bought my new Futaba CHP 9 channel so i have lots to play with now..........
Old 02-02-2004, 09:16 PM
t_burley

what more do you want? it is all right there in front of you?
that site has more than enough information there for you
you need to know how to use it? if you have gotten that site
and know how to "use" it, you are there! you are not going to
find ANY more info than what you have already under your nose

it has the best information there that you are going to find
Old 08-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Randyfaz

Here's one for you, Similar to the others but a little different. I've been collecting different variations because I am building one too. Hopfully by the time I get to the painting I'll have decided on one.

Name:	Zx72334.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	160055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82528.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	160056  
Old 08-02-2004, 11:53 PM
mbuck515

asybra00 and burl

its great to see other people have interest in doing this color scheme, cause its soo off the wall, i have completed my Yellow aircraft P-47 in the same scheme as asybra, T9*LK, the link that falcon gave has just about all the pictures of this plane, there really is no more pictures that i have found, the aircraft under surfaces and tail are german yellow #4, and from the most recent information i have found the top of the aircraft was left american OD, but one resorce i have says the gremans painted the top the german equvilent to our olive drab whick i think its grey violet(dont have the info in front of me. the reason for the yellow under surfaces and over sized iron croses where so when they flight testing the aircaft the german ground troops wouldnt shoot them down and that yellow stands out like a soor thumb even when its cloudy, and yes there are pylons under the wings. you'll be suprised how nice the plane looks in color, its actually a very attractive color scheme in color, i flew mine at this past top gun in pro am, and boy did i get alot of looks, get use to people asking if its a fw-190!! lol i qualified for the scale masters with it a our local qualifier and plan on flying it there, i get mixed emmotions about the plane, but i tell them "if you hate it you hate, if you love you love it, but either you'll remember it for long time." Heres a little stats on the model: 1/6th scale Yellow aircraft P-47D Razorback Zenoah g-45, JR radio , aerotech chin scoop, static prop, and pylons, yellow aircraft dropping mechinsms, yellow retracts(mains), Sirera tailwheel weight 28lbs. i have pics of it but dont know how to up load them. but there are two pics of frank tianos website:
[link=http://www.franktiano.com/DSC_1302.jpg]pic 1[/link]
[link=http://www.franktiano.com/DSC_0834.jpg]pic 2[/link]

There where a lot of thing wrong with the markings at top gun cause i just ran out of time(i finished was putting decals on at each hotel stop on the was down and test flew at a local field in florida!) but i dident have to worry cause i was in pro am, i have sinces fixed most of the problems.

i hope this has helped you and if you have any more questions, id be glad to answer them.

Mitch
Old 08-03-2004, 09:16 AM
t_burley

Mitch

thats good info. glad you had a good time at TG. I have seen the pics of yours there.
I too have been extensively researching this plane for almost 2 years now. am finally
ready to go with it later this year. I am building the 92" Ziroli jug for it.

the colors are very different for sure. that is what attracted the plane to me.

I do think it will stand out in the air, and make a great presence to itself.
Nice plane you did there. Good luck at SM

Todd
Old 08-03-2004, 11:09 AM
chines
My Feedback: (2)

Hey I was going to do that idea [:-] but if you need a close up of the nose art i got one for you. I would really like to see how yours comes out
Attached Images