Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

An alternative to mechanical retracts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

An alternative to mechanical retracts

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 05:58 PM
Empennage Gunner
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An alternative to mechanical retracts

Ok guys…the time has come to test my modified F4U Corsair and taxi the aircraft around the driveway this weekend. Upon taxing I ran the aircraft up to the grass where the retract assembly stripped it’s plastic gears on the main servo shaft. (I have one retract servo over each wheel) . I’m glad to find this out now instead of being in the air and of course having the gear buckle on landing. I’m going to do away with this problematic design however I’m looking for lightweight alternatives to a mechanical retract. My corsair weighs about 15-18 lbs. Has anyone tried the Spring Air retract system or the new Robart 530 systems? Or does anyone have a better idea or company product I can use replace the Hobbico 90 degree Rotating retract system I’ve reinvented. I’d like to have this plane flying for the Warbird event at Bomber Field this Sept. Thanks for the advice in advance.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't think Spring Air is doing a set of rotaters yet and you really don't want to use Century Jet so that leaves Robart for better or for worse. I've always had good luck with Robart myself.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:38 PM
STUKA BARRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHAT ABOUT SIERRA PRECISION? DO THEY MAKE A RETRACT THIS SMALL. THEY DO HAVE A GREAT PRODUCT.