Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Dynaflite SE5a Kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Dynaflite SE5a Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Prop Nut
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dynaflite SE5a Kit

By the way, that wing in the background belongs on a 98inch stick I put together for testing out conversion engines. Last flown with a 34cc Fourstroke gasser conversion. It will soon have a 33cc Homelite chainsaw motor on it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11940.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	276783  
Old 06-16-2005, 10:37 AM
szig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Prop Nut

The original SE5a also had engines that mounted with the prop exiting the lower area, I forget the name of the engine but I have seen photos of them. With the FunAero you can mount your engine inverted to put the shaft out the top or right side up as the photo shows and put it lower. The Dynaflite also has cutouts in both locations for mounting. A good reference is the Chilian Air Force, they used many SE5s in the late teens and through the 20's. I dont have the web site handy, but you can do a search. I really have to say that the FunAero is overpriced for the kit you get, in thier 1/4 scale the BalsaUSA looks just as good (only my opinion) and is 100.00, and comes with much better documentation, hardware etc. I have thier Fokker DVII and am very impressed with the kit so far(have only looked longingly at the parts, have not started the kit, I do however have a 4 stroke conversion flight tested and ready for the plane but thats another story)
Here is the link
http://www.fach-extraoficial.com/ingles/se5.htm
Old 11-20-2005, 08:37 AM
IronCross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone figured out how much to lower the top wing on these ?...
Been looking at one of these real hard... Lots of good information here about it...
Any new flight reports etc ?..
Old 11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Prop Nut

Why bother lowering the top wing? Its fun scale, and it sure is fun to fly. Very easy take offs, flys around like a kite. Over power it and it will do amazing things in the air. Put floats on the SE5a and it lifts from water light a bird and skims the surface on landings. Without a doubt in my mind, this is one of the best planes that I have ever owned in 12 years of building and flying. Its the plane that is always ready to go to the field.

Name:	Ca80407.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	357474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98463.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	357475  
Old 11-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Prop Nut

This is not a Proctor kit, its fun scale. FunAero has a 1/5 scale plane that looks better, BalsaUSA has a 1/4 scale that lookes even better still. But for an in expensive price, easy build, and great flying (Dynaflite should hire me, lol) get this kit. Its great.

Name:	Bz77144.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	357476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94096.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	357477  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got one of these, nice plane, does any one know what the CG is on this plane?