Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Arizona Models (again & final)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Arizona Models (again & final)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 PM
amilcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Arizona Models (again & final)

i had problems with plans that i got from arizona ,i got 5 sheet of not detail plans for a fokker eindecker i paid 50$ for them and i tougth that i can build it from there but the wing warping system is not really clear how it works and these plans don`t show in detail like proctor plans for example ....
i guess they sell the kits/plans all together for some reason ,,,,looks like these types of plans is useless if you don`t have the kit....
Old 01-28-2009, 12:12 AM
abufletcher

I've said it elsewhere but it bears saying again: It's is absolutely outrageous that we modelers are expected to buy plans sight-unseen. This applies not just to AZM. Other than word-of-mouth there's really no way of knowing whether a particular set of plans is worth buying or not.

Now, of course, I understand the problem from the designer's perspective, which is trying to protect one's plans from rampant plagiarism/copyright violation. Still there has to be some way to let potential buyers know what they're getting.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:19 AM
amilcar

yeah i know but know i`ll try to figure out ,some way of doing this plane ,problems is you will never know if all that time that you put into the model will work ....or fly ok....
Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 AM
TFF

The kits dont help. Just under designed for true scale people or who cant fill in the pieces. It is nice to see them and when magazines were king they always took great care to show them off, but now with laser parts and CAD drawing, blueprints are not realy made anymore. I have bought Replicraft drawings and will buy as many as I can, it will just take time ,and I just ordered some from WW1 Aero.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
amilcar

ww1 aero? can you tell me more about that i like to build ww1 planes i build the niuport11 from proctor,the albatros dIII from fun aero ,scratch build a focker dvii,and i have the fokker dr1 and dviii from balsa usa to build ,right now im building the niuport 28 from proctor as you see i love to build ww1 but im not into magazines or sites to find info
ww1 aero is a magazine or site?
thanks for your time and help...
Old 01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
TFF

http://www.worldwar1aeroplanesinc.org/

I am actually waiting for the Nieuport 28 plans from them. They are not model plans they are blueprints that were drawn up when restoring one and used to make some others. They have an archive of different aircraft but not all are as detailed. I am happy with my 1/6 being more models like to make them workable as I want to fly them, but would like to be proven wrong, but at 1/4, I think they can be really scale. I have the Replicraft Camel drawings and that was the best $80 I have spent, so I am on a small quest for real blueprints at a reasonable cost. I will buy more Replicraft when I have the money; I will buy the Redfern Dr1 plans and although not as good as some now they were the first and Platz helped him with the design so at least the real Dr1 designer OKed them and they also happen to be the most reasonable priced. If I had a thou. to burn I would buy all at once. Why build from model plans if you can get the real thing? Proctor is the closest to blueprints and they go down from there for this purpose. Not going to badmouth actual planes or designs because I am still building them and quite happy and I have a nice 1/6 fleet coming along that I am enjoying, and I am learning a great deal form others here about what works and does not.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
CarbonUnit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

......well well well.....sooooo I guess I'm not the only one that got the world's lousiest service, and lip-service from that Jaime character from Arizona Models!

Gentlemen (and Ladies)...listen up to this one. This one is viable for a heart attack!

I bought a 1/4 Scale Siemens Shuckert DIII from AZM. Mr 'Aloof' Johnson treated me like S_ _T. I ordered the kit from him including EVERYTHING NEEDED TO BUILD THAT KIT. The kit, cockpit, wire wheels, Spandau guns and Lozenge ($325.00 worth). The engine that I will be installing will be a big gasser Brison that I own. I'll be retiring in less that a year so I'll have a lot of extra time to build and I love building RC.

I live in Canada so it's bad enough the our freekin exchange rate almost gives us all a stroke when we buy something from you people in the USA. Freetrade my A_ _.

Now get this people......I bought and paid this 'Mr. Righteous' Jaime Johnson, on my Credit Card including shipping in GOOD FAITH the complete total amount of over $1300.00 minus the engine......yuuuuuppp THIRTEEN FREEKIN HUNDRED DOLLARS..........IN JUNE OF 2007......TWENTY MONTH AGO....that's over a year and a half......and I'M STILL WAITING FOR PARTS FROM HIM cause the kit is still incomplete! Duuuuhhhhhh!

This guy Jaime Johnson is not from this world and that 's for sure. It takes forever for him to reply emails and when he does it goes something like this from him as an answer, "Be in at Christmas". That's it, that's how he answers! No sorry's, no thank-you's, definitely no professionalism and no regrets!

Anywho....it looks like that I'm gonna croak before I'm ever gonna get to even start this kit.

So everyone......if you want one of his kits or parts from AZM for that matter......get yourself cryopacked for a thousand years.

I'm thinking of getting in contact with your Arizona State Attorney General and processing a formal complaint against the major dysfunctional lack of business practices that AZM uses.

BEWARE.

Thank-you kindly

CRAZY SUCKED IN AND TICKED OFF CANUCK.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:16 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Paul. If you do porceed, be sure to include this thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_77...tm.htm#7714698

Les
Old 02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Hi all,

With today's competition, costumer service is EVERYTHING and bad rep will spread faster than a worse case of crab so it is perflexing how AZM consistently provides sub-standard service from all the posts here. Still scratching .... (my head though...). Dai
Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
abufletcher

ORIGINAL: Dai Phan
Still scratching .... (my head though...). Dai
Aaaah, Dai...the humor never stops! Seriously, in a hobby where word-of-mouth is everything and those words are spread by the internet, one's reputation is perhaps the most important product any company produces. Sadly, even if AZM were to clean up it's act tomorrow, it would still take several years of good service to undo the damage.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Obviously they do not care about quality and service. The funny thing is, I do not care either, to do business with them anyway! there are other sources such as GTM.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:42 PM
vonJaerschky
My Feedback: (3)

It's easy to say that their bad reputation will spread by word of mouth and justice will be done. But how long has this guy been raping us modellers? I bought an instrument kit from them 13 years ago. Yes, 13 years ago. And the kit was crap, and way overpriced crap. Yet he still exists, and still rips people off. A shiny add with pictures of nice models (which I highly doubt were ever built from AZM kits) seems to overpower any bad reputation, and he continues to rake in the cash. I think a successful lawsuit is the only way to put this guy out of our misery, but who has the time and cash for that?
Old 02-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Lucky Dog

A friend of mine had ordered a set of plans from him and paid via money order. When he never received the plans, he threatened to charge him with mail fraud, and finally got some action. He never got the plans, but got a spun cowl of comporable value.

Contacting your CC company is always an option.

Good luck to you.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Mode One

A fellow over on the RCGroups forum has a 1/3rd scale GTM Fokker DVI he is starting a build thread on. He is stating he'll be using AZM this and AZM that, I told him he needs to come over here and read this thread. I was wondering about buying a 1/6th scale Mercedes engine from them, until I came here, thanks for "heading me off at the pass"!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:06 AM
Seamus OLeprosy

I feel your pain. I ordered an Albatross March 08 and got it after many trans Atlantic phone calls in October08 with lots of pieces missing and after another batch of phone calls these arrived in May 09. It was the most expensive model I have purchased and at best could be considered a part kit. I hoped to use the model as a competition entry but the plans are soo bad ( one wing is 1.5inches longer than the other only noticed at rigging stage) I have no chance.
Wished I had saved my money for a Proctor.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:42 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: amilcar

i had problems with plans that i got from arizona ,i got 5 sheet of not detail plans for a fokker eindecker i paid 50$ for them and i tougth that i can build it from there but the wing warping system is not really clear how it works and these plans don`t show in detail like proctor plans for example ....
i guess they sell the kits/plans all together for some reason ,,,,looks like these types of plans is useless if you don`t have the kit....
Just to let you know...not many plans are as detailed as Proctor plans. In my opinon they are the best out there.

AZM is the biggest joke in the RC hobby. Their stuff is junk from the lazer cutting to the wood used to the customer service or lack of. I'm sorry about your problems with this joke of a business. I too have been burned by this place. Have a 30% Bucker Jungmeister from them...it is just a bunch of worthless junk.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:07 AM
jmohn

I second the 3Seabees kits! I had a great Nieuport 17 of theirs that was just awsome. It flew great and looked very authentic. Unfortunately the control horn for the elevator broke in flight and I lost the plane. I wouldn't hessitate to buy another one if I had the chance.

Jeff
Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 AM
abufletcher

If only it were JUST a joke. This is more like outright false advertising and fraud. And that's no joke.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:23 PM
allanflowers

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Re: Belair acquire Arizona Models - kits to be cut in the UK

This looks like it could be good news for everyone if it works out.

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/topic,58388.0.html
Old 10-17-2009, 10:02 PM
BobH

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

If it works are the operative words. I hope that everything comes off without a hitch.. but knowing the past history of Arizona I doubt it.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:10 AM
abufletcher

My reading of the Belair announcement is that AZM will continue to produce and markets kits sold in the US. That is, this looks like primarily a licensing agreement for Belair to ALSO produce kits, which will be marketed in the UK, Europe, and "worldwide."

Old 10-18-2009, 09:23 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Doesn't look like anything has really changed. I had hoped.

Les
Old 10-18-2009, 09:25 AM
BobH

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Nothing to stop someone from ordering a kit from the UK...? The price will be higher plus shipping BUT you may actually get what is advertised!!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 AM
CrateCruncher

Having Jaime Johnson for a business partner won't last long enough for the ink to dry on their agreement. I predict Belaire will either to cut and run or double down to buy JJ out of the business. Let's hope it's the latter.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:22 AM
eagledancer

their anouncement asked buyers of azm what they think, I DID PUT IN MY .02 and told them to buy them out lock stock and barrel or azm will bring their rep down to his level.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.