RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Best scale photo! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/509567-best-scale-photo.html)

2engsout 02-08-2009 03:01 AM

RE: Best scale photo!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys, here's my Ziroli D-18. Rick

dhal22 02-08-2009 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Hello82

....that 2nd Twighlight head on shot looks 100% plus real scale too me....[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

that is indeed a phenomenal shot. obviously a very well done plane as the dimming background light highlights all of the scale work done to the plane. looks very real. a lot of these great photos is the photographer also. someone knows how to take a great photo or not and it has shown up here a lot.

uncljoe 02-08-2009 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rainy day in Arizona...

David Bathe 02-09-2009 04:23 AM

Well, you can take photgraphs UncleJ'
Don't know about the models... but the pics are splendid.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

uncljoe 02-09-2009 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: David Bathe

Well, you can take photgraphs UncleJ'
Don't know about the models... but the pics are splendid.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Don't know about the models ??? You don't care for jets ?
Semper Fi
Joe

abufletcher 02-09-2009 12:36 PM

I'm not so finely attuned to jets, but are those wings scale? (And, yes, secretly, I would so much rather have seen a Sopwith Pup hanging in that black air!)

David Bathe 02-09-2009 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

Don't know about the models ??? You don't care for jets ?
Semper Fi
Joe
Nothing against jets J... but these tend to look a little...errr, Modelish.
Good pics though. Great sky, so much better/dynamic than just flat blue... which tends to look a little plain, specially if it features a little plane.:eek:

uncljoe 02-09-2009 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Full scale ...... Model ......

David ... Yesterdays sky was AWESOME!!! which is as rare as hens teeth here in the desert . I only wish there were other aircraft present.

Semper Fi

David Bathe 02-09-2009 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

... which is as rare as hens teeth here in the desert . I only wish there were other aircraft present.

Grass is always greener' mate.
Tell you what, I'll trade you 10 days of darkness, snow and -15deg for 10 days of blue sky in the desert!
How does that sound? Your T's will be well tucked under your armpits[X(] before you get your lense cap off.... if that influences your decision.:eek:
Nope, as stated, you take a good snap.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

allanflowers 02-09-2009 03:15 PM

I think you missed his point. Uncljoe was glad to get some angry skys for a change. The blue just get so boring...
Az does have the greatest sunset skys though.

allanflowers 02-09-2009 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I clearly have too much time on my hands...
Sky from Cave Creek Road, Aug. 08

dhal22 02-09-2009 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: allanflowers

I clearly have too much time on my hands...
Sky from Cave Creek Road, Aug. 08

i think you should take this plane on a tour. catch it in front of all types of skies.[X(] sunset, moonset, cumulus clouds, rainbow in the background, etc.

uncljoe 02-09-2009 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
F 84 desert Jet storm 2009
I do NOT use photo shop..If its not in the view finder its not shot.
Semper Fi

strega7 02-10-2009 08:47 AM

Sopwith Pub from ToniClark Kits , piloted by my friend and wingman Lothar , summer 2008 . Moki150

http://www.ig-corsair.de/images/Aufd.../Lothar(2).jpg

anderhau 02-10-2009 08:52 AM

Pilot wanted...
http://rc.andersh.com/galleri/main.p...serialNumber=4

strega7 02-10-2009 09:27 AM

Base attack with an Airworld Focke Wulf FW190 (owner Lorenz Eberl) ...... happend at the IG-Warbirdmeeting 2007 in Kehl /Germany . Of course my own photo, Canon 350D 300zoom

http://www.dorst-freiburg.de/BilderS...Eber%20(5).jpg

SDCrashmaster 02-10-2009 03:49 PM

Sahhhhhhweeeeeeeeeet!

Mustang1971 02-24-2009 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my dad's 15 year old Ziroli Triplane we just took out of retirement to fly at a few WWI events. Painted with latex and a brush, powered by Zenoah G38

BountyHunter51 02-24-2009 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I've been following this thread for quite some time and I've been trying to keep tabs on what makes a 'scale' photo and what doesn't. So, at the risk of being flamed beyond recognition, I thought that I'd try my hand at this just once.
My subject isn't a perfect scale model, but the old girl ain't bad for what she is. My goal is geared more toward the composition of the photo. I'm not an avid photographer, but just the same with building and flying, I'm always looking for ways to improve.
Critique is welcomed, flaming is almost expected..... Cheers! BH

Tango Juliet 02-24-2009 02:15 PM

Not bad Bounty Hunter, but as is always the case, the "scale" of the grass is what compromises this photo. The low camera angle is good, the lighting is good. The static Pilot in a static aircraft kind of throws it off a little too. No flames, just honest critique:D.

BountyHunter51 02-24-2009 02:56 PM

TJR1, Thank you for your honesty. That's what I'm after here. Honest critiqe and how to improve my photos.
Cheers! BH

SDCrashmaster 02-24-2009 03:26 PM

Yes, the grass is really the culprit here. But I have to say that I do enjoy your attitude. "flamed beyond recognition"...now that is funny.

BountyHunter51 02-24-2009 04:46 PM

:D

hurricane527 02-24-2009 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
a nice static shot from the southern model airshow here in UK three members of the Dawn Patrol display team at well dawn!!

chris

Tango Juliet 02-24-2009 05:25 PM

That photo works better. The depth of field is such that the grass appears as field grass and the scale becomes proportionate. While the Motorhomes in the background are a little distracting, the distance from the models helps the illusion that they are full size aircraft. The fog is the icing on the cake.