Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Model Slipways' Loyal Moderator - Windows

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Model Slipways' Loyal Moderator - Windows

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Arminius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Slipways' Loyal Moderator - Windows

Hi everybody!

Has anyone built Model Slipways' Loyal class Fleet tender? If so, you can surely answer this question. The wheelhouse walls are made up of 2 plates of plastic, so doublesided, the inner side with smaller window recesses. Now I don't see where to put the 1mm transparent plastic for the actual windows. In the window opening of the outer side? in the inner side? or do I glue the window against the back of the inner plate? The boat's plans/instructions do not show...

Much appreciated!

Arminius
Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
LtDoc

Default RE: Model Slipways' Loyal Moderator - Windows

Arminius,
I haven't done that particular boat, but have done a couple of others from 'Model Slipway'. I've found that putting the clear plastic between the two other layers looks more realistic. Takes a bit more care, but that's half the fun anyway, right? Also from experience, 'dry' fit the @#$ things more than once,and really take care in gluing it all together! It's remarkable how plastic seems to grow between the first try and the gluing stages! - LOL
- 'Doc
Old 08-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Arminius

Default RE: Model Slipways' Loyal Moderator - Windows

Thanks 'Doc

I thought of that, it would be the nicest thing to do... but an extra mm makes the sides pretty thick and ... in my impatience to move on, I already glued 2 walls together. hmmm... a challenge. In the meantime I also e-mailed Model Slipway, as they normally tend to reply to such questions.

You are absolutely right about dry-fitting first, but at a given point the glue comes in anyway, and then you still notice that something is out of proportion... ;-)

Thank you for your reply! greetings