Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Dumas scarab 38 kv 55" boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Dumas scarab 38 kv 55" boat

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
scarab63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas scarab 38 kv 55" boat

Hello rc universe, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my boat. I do not know how to hookup my fuel lines or water lines. I have my boat pics on the gallary under scarab63 (yellow) Ops .90 with a needle valve ( if I need one ) I think it is for fuel mixture. I am a newbee and need alot of help, also need to know what kind of plug to use. thank you all, Dan
Old 08-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Default RE: Dumas scarab 38 kv 55" boat

If you can take or post a better picture of the engine area, I might be able to help you run your lines but from the pictures you have in the gallery they arent close enough for me to be sure..
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
scarab63

Thanks for the reply Chris, I have posted two more pics. I hope this will help you help me. I did all the work myself. I bought the boat with a large crack down the center and refiberglassed it back to new. I painted it and installed all you see, but that was the easy part. now the hard part is to get the rest done.........and thats were yourself and the rc universe comes in. Thank you much, Dan
Old 08-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Ok here's the best way I can explain it..

Starting with your fuel tank, the bottom line where the "clunk" is connected that goes to the carb, the upper tank line "one on top" goes to the tuned pipe, then on the head of the motor I am pretty sure there are 2 tabs, or fittings those are the water in or pickup lines for the water to cool the engine, those go to the rear of the boat and connect to the "pickup" on the outside of your boat.. There looks like there is 2 of those..

Ok just looked at your boat pics 1,2,3 everything appears hooked up right. Cant really make out the fuel tank and carb but the water lines for cooling seem right.. Remember once you put it in the water not to let it sit there and idle as it would be "sucking" any water.. If you want to test the motor or break in that motor at home, take a bucket fill it with water, then take a electric model fuel pump "ebay buy one cheap" used and hook it to the "pickup lines" so that water is going into the motor and cooling it. Dont run it out of the water long or you will kill the motor thats a certain.. Good luck