Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Hitec ESC's

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Hitec ESC's

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hitec ESC's

Has anyone used any of Hitecs ESC in a scale boat?I'm working on a Springer hull and need for a brushed motor and with reverse.Don't know to much about boat electronics and what's needed and what type.I found the Hitec ones on Tower and wondered if the bottom two on the page would work . http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...SM&C=MJA&V=HRC
Old 10-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hitec ESC's

What motor, specifically, are you going to be using? And at what voltage? From there, recommendations can be made.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I went back to the Springer thread on RC Groups and the types of motors vary,but have to run on 6 volt.A brushed 540 car type motor,also known as an 05 and 27 turns ,geared at 3:1.A minimum 15 to 20 amp speed control and a 2 battery pack power supply is most common.The maximum regulation size is 8" wide x 18" long.Looking for an ESC and brushed motor match,because of the lower price factor.Can set up a gas powered boat, but am just a nube to electric.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:18 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

The current handling looks OK. Past experience with Hitech has shown that the rated voltage really is a maximum and must not be exceeded. Provided that you dont go for an exotic spec motor (stick with a stock, i.e. cheap, 540) and stick with the size and type of prop that the springer users use so that the motor is not overloaded, you will have no problems.