Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

1/48 VIIB U-82 Submarine underway

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:30 PM
arkmodels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/48 VIIB U-82 Submarine underway

We built this model for a marine frestival in Germany .It was built from Arkmodel 1/48 VIIC model kit item C7602 with WTC.This boat is a waterpump version,but piston tank version is available too.
The origin paint comes from U-82 boat in 1942,it has nice camouflage.
We sail it in a natural lake and a mine lake,rocks by mine lake is just like fjord in Norway!So Amazing!

Old 11-19-2014, 09:33 PM
arkmodels

Old 11-19-2014, 09:38 PM
arkmodels

Last edited by arkmodels; 11-19-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:43 PM
arkmodels

Old 11-19-2014, 09:44 PM
arkmodels

Old 11-19-2014, 09:45 PM
arkmodels

Photos below were taken in a mine lake,I like rocks as fjord in Norway.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:46 PM
arkmodels

Old 11-19-2014, 09:47 PM
arkmodels

Old 11-19-2014, 09:49 PM
arkmodels

Old 11-19-2014, 09:54 PM
arkmodels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQRxUqSHKQ
Old 11-19-2014, 09:56 PM
arkmodels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f1VIa4QNN0
Old 11-19-2014, 09:57 PM
arkmodels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlGWrFhIEt8
Old 11-19-2014, 09:58 PM
arkmodels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v8Zc_9vTXk
Old 11-20-2014, 07:51 AM
HOT COALS

Almost realistic. Good photo shots with rock back ground. Seen something like many years ago in grouton conn. Again nice photo's be nice to see a viedo of this in action. .
Old 12-11-2014, 04:30 PM
mordock999

IMPRESSIVE Looking Model! THANKS for sharing the pictures and the video!!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 04:45 PM
LeCorsaire

Hi ArkModel,

This is an amazing and very impressive Uboot! I'm most impressed with how beautiful it runs and dives, almost just like the real boat. It seems to me water pump ballast system is the best option for this to dives so well.
What's the difference with PISTON tanks? Do you think makes it run and dive more realistically? Please, explain. I'm ready to order one!
Cheers,
Corsaire
Old 02-08-2015, 06:15 AM
johnchi54

Again Arkmodel showing its models so people will buy them. Thats wondderful if you can get them to deliver the products. Arkmodel is run by William Quinling Feng has serious issues with delivery and advance funding of models and then you wait months to years to get the products. His partners which included me at one time never get anything but excuses and ripped off. This man has done this for so many years modelers beware as you should never pay upfront and always ask the delivery date and confirmation. However this may mean you get a incomplete kit or poor quality. One man in california waited 18 months to get a kit that had be be discarded because it was so bad.
When we showed this kit to professional builders they laughed. Many large compnies have done deals with Arkmodel and are getting the same treatment on deliveries. The so called Twin Horse models located in SPringfield Illinois is an office but nothing more and all orders still going to CHina and is a front for immagration fraud, as well as his ability to cheat taxpayers claiming he was broke and pennyless when he left his wife in the USA to have thier child and write it off on welfare which he thinks he is entitled to get and he is not even a green card holder. Truth is the truth and he has solicited so many people and not delivered. People from New York to California have had issues so beware. He is using this platform for his own benefit. His new underwater drone is another companies idea and they will soon find they made a mistake dealing with him. Sadl honest people pay the price. Hobbies are wonderful and should be stress free so beware of Twin Horse/Arkmodel/Hooben as they are all the same company just changing names to get your orders. There are many good companies like Guangzhou WInlux and others but first check the forums as they are very good at letting you know who is who.I get calls weekly asking about him and people tell me they still have not recieved thier products. The submarimes in the picture were to be delivered to us in Chicago 18 months ago and three large orders were paid for but never recieved at other companies around the world.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:17 AM
johnchi54

Again Arkmodel showing its models so people will buy them. Thats wondderful if you can get them to deliver the products. Arkmodel is run by William Quinling Feng has serious issues with delivery and advance funding of models and then you wait months to years to get the products. His partners which included me at one time never get anything but excuses and ripped off. This man has done this for so many years modelers beware as you should never pay upfront and always ask the delivery date and confirmation. However this may mean you get a incomplete kit or poor quality. One man in california waited 18 months to get a kit that had be be discarded because it was so bad.
When we showed this kit to professional builders they laughed. Many large compnies have done deals with Arkmodel and are getting the same treatment on deliveries. The so called Twin Horse models located in SPringfield Illinois is an office but nothing more and all orders still going to CHina and is a front for immagration fraud, as well as his ability to cheat taxpayers claiming he was broke and pennyless when he left his wife in the USA to have thier child and write it off on welfare which he thinks he is entitled to get and he is not even a green card holder. Truth is the truth and he has solicited so many people and not delivered. People from New York to California have had issues so beware. He is using this platform for his own benefit. His new underwater drone is another companies idea and they will soon find they made a mistake dealing with him. Sadl honest people pay the price. Hobbies are wonderful and should be stress free so beware of Twin Horse/Arkmodel/Hooben as they are all the same company just changing names to get your orders. There are many good companies like Guangzhou WInlux and others but first check the forums as they are very good at letting you know who is who.I get calls weekly asking about him and people tell me they still have not recieved thier products. The submarimes in the picture were to be delivered to us in Chicago 18 months ago and three large orders were paid for but never recieved at other companies around the world
Old 02-08-2015, 07:18 AM
johnchi54

The guy in the picture is not a customer but the real William Quinliang Feng who posts this pictures to lure you into buying from him. This is one of many over the years. He writes articles like he is a consumer just to get free advertising and writes his own reviews on his many sites for Arkmodel/Hooben and Twin Horse.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Unfortunately, the powers that be are allowing this so there's not much the rest of us can do other than either ignore any and all Ark Models threads or start complaining to the powers that be until something is done to stop/remove the threads or, at least put them into a vendors forum.
Something I think is interesting is the person writing the "article" claims it was built for a festival in Germany. If you ask anyone that takes an R/C plane to Germany, they will all tell you that swasticas are illegal to display in any form, even on a model. It is enforced so heavily that, to participate in any kind of event, the swastica must be covered with a black square or removed from the tail of the model. I find it odd that this model was built with a flag that has an obvious swastica in the middle of it

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 02-10-2015 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:20 PM
johnchi54

People should know who they are dealing with and the posibility that they can be the next victom. It is sad when we love the hobby so much and yet that is how we are brought into his web. Most of us buy on impulse as to what we see.
What would one do if he built the Bismarck or other German ships to be completely scale no one seems to have an issue when it is a model show. I would hope that we all move forward in life however let others know not to make our mistakes in buying from bad vendors such as Arkmodel/hooben/twin horse.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:16 AM
johnchi54

Default beware

arkmodel uses these posts to get business and he is not a good compnay do buy from. Delievry times are long and his products dont work as well as his videos. He copies his products and is known to deliver 18 months later or not at all or with missing parts. A good company that has the same model and is in the business for year is enkel of germany they stand behind the product. I have used them many times and they are good. They know submarines. I know this because Arkmodel never delivered to me and I was his distributor in the usa and many other will say the same thing.