Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

School Projekt

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 06:10 AM
RoffeDH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default School Projekt

Hi everyone, I was looking around in the forum but havn't found any, so now I'm asking, do you have to buy a RC control to control the boat or can you build it yourself?
And I would like to have a "how to" on building subs if anyone know were to find one, or have done one them selfs
This projekt should take litte less then a year to build so the hull we wont putt much efort in, just an easy one, PVC pipe and something in the ends or something like that.
Woudl also appreciate someone who has built this from scratch that could help us (me and my friend) through e-mail...

Thanks for all the help
Old 09-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: School Projekt

Hi,

By "RC-control" I think you meant an RC-transmitter. Well, the answer is really Yes and No, I've seen people building their custom RC-transmitter rigged with about 12 channels or so but the price you end up paying building these things is usually higher than the price tag of a ready-made RC radio itself! So my advice to you, buy a nice and reliable radio for your sub according to your needs, building your RC-sub with the main hull as a PVC pipe is a good idea because it is a simple way to get into the hobby with little efforts and building required.

Hope this clears the idea a bit!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 AM
RoffeDH

Yes, by RC-Control I ment RC-transmitter, thanks for the tip. I'll look in to what I need to build a (what I've calculated) 4 channel transmitter, that shouldn't cost to much should it? Do you know if one or two of these guys that build their own transmitter so that I can get their electronicsmap, that would be realy helpfull, and if I could get a map over how to build a sub, and transmitting a signal under water...
Need all the help I can get on this one
Old 09-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Captain Nemo12

Hi,

I don't have contact with the person so I don't have the details regarding the electronics map, if you're looking on how to build a sub from scratch, these guys might be able to help you out:

[link=http://www.hrfsbo.com/sub]Scratchbuliding a Typhoon Submarine[/link]
[link=http://www.heiszwolf.com subs]Various nice custom built sub models[/link]
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399089]Scratchbuilt Type 17 U-boat by Steve Neill[/link]

and just out of curiosity, why do you plan on building an RC-transmitter anyways?

Other than that, wish you luck on your model!
Old 09-28-2005, 10:28 AM
RoffeDH

Thanks allot again...
I wan't to build it 'couse why should I only build half of the projekt? I want to lern all of it, not half...
[&:]
Old 09-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Captain Nemo12

Good thinking,

If you want to start in RC-Subs, might as well learn the whole process of it!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:07 PM
RoffeDH

But I'm having second thoughts, but any thing you have to do to send a signal under water?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Captain Nemo12

Hum...

Well, many beginner RC-sub sites DO state that normal surface frenquencies (like 27 mhz) radio signals WILL penetrate water (but not to a great depth I'm afraid), so you should be fine with a crystal like 27mhz, 49mhz, or 75mhz.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Rufe0>UK

Building your own transmitter is really out of the question, especially for a school project. My friend an accomplished electrician who works for British aerospace has been on the project for 2years. There is just no information out there on the subject and I know I've looked many times. If you had detailed plans of how to-do it and precision components it still probably wouldn't work. Trail and error is the only way to-do it and then you end up going round in circles. Years and countless projects later you will have wasted all your money and then you will get a knock on the door. Hello Mr _____ are you in position of illegal radio equipment? We have a search warrant.

lol ok maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration but really it's a waste of time building your own transmitter.