Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

JS-2 16 scale

Old 10-09-2010, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JS-2 16 scale

Incredible work....hats off to you! Out of curiosity..other than design work and research what kind of time does a project like that take? Definetely inspirational..Thanks for sharing!

DDM
Old 10-09-2010, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: BlackCat_2

Hello.
A few words about my work.
I did not want to make an exact copy
I did not want to paint my tank up to the color of these tanks.
I just wanted to make a fairly recognizable Tank JS -2 to 16 scale.
Tank still not completely done. Although all external work (except the final paint rollers) is executed.
So - do not judge strictly. I think this is the first JS-2 in the 16 scale in the World

Thank you
sorry there are a couple others but your work is great
Old 10-10-2010, 03:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Plastic scouser

Nice work blackcat [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif] I am waiting for Chris to release his js-2 http://www.rc-panzerketten-forum.com...5ad85baa68a6c6

Cheers Ian
<span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">What can I say.
</span><span title="">Exquisite work. </span><span title="">Modern technology. </span><span title="">Hence - the exact authenticity of the model.
</span><span title="">I envy the author of the model and its capabilities in the technology of laser cutting.
</span><span title="">But - history repeats itself - high </span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">technology </span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">-Tigers in 1943 and clumsy technology with our Russian T-34.
</span><span title="">The author writes in the title topic "JS-2 Modell 44.
</span><span title="">I looked through many books and photographs about the history of the appearance of JS-1 and JS-2. </span><span title="">Nevertheless, something I could and miss. </span><span title="">And I do not know exactly - what is the Model 44.
</span><span title="">In its work, the author (as well as I do) use ready-made industrial parts manufactured tanks. </span><span title="">This transmission parts.

</span><span title="">Catches the eye - the first front wheel-roller - this is the first front </span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">wheel-</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">roller of the KV-1. </span><span title="">I have known for photographs and drawings - ALL </span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">wheel-</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">roller</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title=""> in the JS-2 - are identical. </span><span style="" title="">And if the author would use the same </span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">wheel-</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span title="">roller</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title=""> - it would automatically did the right thing to track tensioning device of the tank. </span><span style="" title="">And in this case it also has the front roller from the KV-1 and track tensioning device of the tank from the KV-1.
</span><span style="" title="">Next - a leading star (</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title="">rear sprocket)</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title=""> - just from the KV-1 with 16 teeth. JS-1 fnd </span><span style="" title="">JS-2 had a smaller diameter </span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title="">leading</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title=""> star (</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title="">rear sprocket) </span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title="">with 14 teeth.
</span><span style="" title="">A large front wheel and larger rear sprocket will automatically require a greater height baths and other provision of the upper support rollers.
</span><span style="" title="">I thought it all over when he began his tank.
</span><span style="" title="">I do not know what the JS-2 Project 44, but in this model the chassis of the tank - from the KV-1. As I suppouse.

</span><span style="" title="">And it is very interesting, on what technology the author will make a tower of JS-2. </span><span style="" title="">Simple flat pieces of it are not cut.</span></span>
<span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title="">I also might add that the tower of the KV-85, which is sold in KIT KV-1 to KV-85 - not quite identical with the tower JS-2 in some parts.</span></span>

<span lang="en" id="result_box" class="long_text"><span style="" title="">Nevertheless - in body parts - this model is several orders greater than my hack.</span></span>

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46674.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1513765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98450.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1513766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51898.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1513767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30396.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1513768  
Old 10-10-2010, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: kclank

Hello.

Thank you
<span lang="en" class="long_text" id="result_box"><span title="">Well, I also wrote - "think" and not "just know" or "confident."
</span><span title="" style="">But certainly in Moscow, this JS-2 - just only one.</span></span>

Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 AM

splended scratch build of your JS2 very good done, very good in scale to
you are a very talented modeller congrats
Old 10-10-2010, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: kclank

Hello.

Thank you
<span lang=''en'' class=''long_text'' id=''result_box''><span title=''''>Well, I also wrote - ''think'' and not ''just know'' or ''confident.''
</span><span title='''' style=''''>But certainly in Moscow, this JS-2 - just only one.</span></span>[img][/img]

Hey yours is great and it is fun to be the first in your area to have one. good job
Old 10-10-2010, 02:50 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your tank is something to be proud of. An Artist rendition. Laser cutters and plastic injection may be more precise, but working with your hands, and shaping things like you have is special.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Detroit Diesel Man

Out of curiosity..other than design work and research what kind of time does a project like that take?
DDM
<span lang="en" class="long_text" id="result_box"><span title="">Thank you. </span><span title="">I apologize for the late reply. </span><span title="">Due to my not very good English is not understood at once that there is a question.

</span><span title="">Began to think about this tank somewhere in December 2009. </span><span title="">I bought a Models JS-2, KV-85, KV-1 and SU-152 on the scale 35 and KV-1 chassis and the KV-1 in the scale of 16. </span><span title="">I twisted in my hands they looked at them and thought - how.

</span><span title="">I started to cut a bath KV-1 make it necessary to 16 scale width. </span><span title="">KV-1 tank is wider than the JS-2

</span><span title="" style="">And after the new year 2010 began to think - from what to do upper body.

</span><span title="" style="">Basically, all the work (with towers) were completed in May. </span><span title="" style="">Wanted to meet a May 9 - Victory Day Soviet Union. </span><span title="" style="">But no sooner had an electrician and radio control tank.

</span><span title="" style="">In July, there have been unpleasant family events. </span><span title="" style="">Which stretched the whole summer. </span><span title="" style="">So - only now returning to this tank.</span></span>

Old 10-11-2010, 03:25 PM

Great tank !!! impresive work !
congratulations
Old 10-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Awesome skills man.  YHR hit the nail on the head  Pretty much anyone can program a Water Jet/ Laser Cutter etc but to see it in your mind then create it with your hands really is a special talent. I'm a bit envious myself
Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 PM

"...we in Russia..."

Nice to find a modeler from Russia. I always liked German Panzers but I am in the process of converting a 1/25 T-34/85 to RC ([link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10091461/tm.htm[/link]), I'm in the final stages.

But it's hard to find pictures of the same soviet WWII tank (mostly T-34/85) in a given period of time. Could you give me any help?

Thanks
Robert
Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: rva1945

"...we in Russia..."

Nice to find a modeler from Russia. I always liked German Panzers but I am in the process of converting a 1/25 T-34/85 to RC ([link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10091461/tm.htm[/link]), I'm in the final stages.

But it's hard to find pictures of the same soviet WWII tank (mostly T-34/85) in a given period of time. Could you give me any help?

Thanks
Robert
<span lang="en" class="long_text" id="result_box"><span title="">Yes, of course, I can help you.
</span><span title="">I have books on the history of KV tanks, JS , self-propelled guns SU and ISU, a bit of T-34. </span><span title="">In these books (with photos), there is one in the English text.
</span><span title="" style="">Books, mostly, eat in PDF.
</span><span title="" style="">I can send you them by mail to the e-mail. </span><span title="" style="">And I can put them on file sharing and provide the forum for links to these files. </span><span title="" style="">What would be more correct?</span></span>

Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 AM

спасибо

As for the emails, they should be less than 10MB; otherwise please put them in a file sharing site and give me the links.

I'm intrested in T-34/85 tanks that were in Berlin in 1945, during the Last Battle.

Regards
Robert
Old 10-25-2010, 04:22 PM

<span lang="en" id="result_box"><span title="">I looked carefully, unfortunately I do not have much information about the T-34.
</span><span title="">But something is
</span><span title="">Here is a link not only about the T-34 - http://panzerw.narod.ru/st.html
</span><span title="">not so much technically, but with pictures
</span><span style="" title="">Now even give links to files, but without the English text. </span><span style="" title="">unfortunately
http://files.mail.ru/COE2XD
</span></span>
Old 10-25-2010, 05:31 PM

Thanks man, I'll try to underestand the info or at least use the photos.

Regards
Robert