Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tiger's latest update

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tiger's latest update

Ok, some of you guys might rememebr my troblesome HL Tiger 1 with many upgrades. Small recap for those who neevr saw it.I have an HL with Asiatam lower hull, asiatam late wheels, servo recoil and elevation, Elmod Pro, KK tracks, and the list goes on...anyway, my issues have been with the road wheels since I started the build.I thought I had the issues licked, but found at the last battle day, thatI was wrong. So, after doing some research and trying to find anyone who has had these issues,I came up dry. I have thought for some time that Wecohe makes a set of late wheels for Tamiya's tiger 1 for about 150 bucks. I checked into it and found thatI need to buy the wheels and center caps from Wecohe and then purchase the axles and bearings from Tamiya. Only problem from here is the size difference between the asiatam axles and the tamiyas.Here I took the measurements and found the asiatam measure 2.93mm and the Tamiya measure 3.40mm. I then went in search of a drill bit and found one that came in at 3.44mm. I drilled out the one swingarm hole and tried the axle.Perfect fit.Now I will order the WWheels set from Wecohe and get this all together.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Tiger's latest update

Nice job Joe!
Man your HL tiger I must have a load of $$ into it i bet!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:07 AM
yellowshaker

yes steve there is some cash in this cat.
Now I need some help from you brilliant men out there. I ordered the Wecohe wheels and caps along with the tamiya axles and bushings. I would like to use bearings instead of bushings if possible. i took some measurements on the bushings for the Tamiya Tiger i They are 4mm ID, 6mm OD, 7mm Flange OD, and 3.5mm width. I cannot find this size flanged bearing anywhere. Does anyone know if this size is available anywhere?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:08 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Joe,

I looked again for your road wheel at the battlefield, but no luck. I'll try again after the winds blow the leaves away. Call Cruizin RC in Waldwick, NJ. Ron is big into RC and racing. He has a few tanks and a large assortment of bearings. He has always had what ever I've needed. Call him at 201-445-8080. Good luck. If there is anything else I can do to help you out, please do not hesitate to ask. I love the way your tank sounds.

Bob, thecommandernj
Old 11-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Viper54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MITOSAL MODELS has them

Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Panther G

No thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 PM
yellowshaker

No thanks? or no tanks? LOL
I ordered the bearings today. seems they are the correct size for the Tiger and exactly what I need to complete this project.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:42 PM
yellowshaker

Well, I am still awaiting the arrival of the Wecohe wheels, but in the meantime I did receieve my late idler wheels from WD. To my surprise these are a better design than the early model idlers. The axles are tight even without a bushing or bearing, so they will stay as is. I installed them to test and there is no wobble at all in them. I took a picture for a size comparison so you gus could see.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79658.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1530312  
Old 12-05-2010, 09:07 AM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I really like the smaller Idler wheels, I have them mounted on my Tam Late Tiger I and so far I have had zero problems with them. I predict you will really like them!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
DukeSedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iwonder if these smaller idlers may be the solution to my snow-track kicking problem... How much were they?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
yellowshaker

Here ya go brother.
http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/a...er-1-674-p.asp