Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

opinions please!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 10:18 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions please!!

hey guys i ive been looking at this tank and was wondering what your take is on it. it looks pretty nice and its all i can really afford right now. any input would be greatly appreciated. also this is the scale that i want to go with which is the 1/12th scale.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1140.html
Old 12-01-2010, 10:45 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: opinions please!!

They have some Jagdpanthers on sale for a little more $75 they would be better for upgrading when funds allow or wait a while longer while you save for a full spec tank, buying the first tank you can afford may not be the best long term decision.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:34 AM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pulled up an old post i had made on these 1/12 scale tanks.See 1/12 scale tank general info.....Might help you out on a little info on them and a picture or two is there also.

BIGMIG

Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think 1/12 scale is very common. You will have trouble finding scale add-ons. Also from what I have read about these tanks, they are rather fragile in the running gear department. I would think you will be spending a lot of money getting it to run decently. However anything can be remade to be better then it was. If you want something that is going to take some time, it might be a nice project tank. The big scale means you can find a lot of what you need at the hardware or surplus store, keeping your costs down. You won't find as much help with this as a Heng Long 1/16 tank, because, there are not that many around.

So if you are a tinkerer, and are prepared to spend time and some money, you can probably turn this into a decent running model
Old 12-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If it sounds too good to be true.......................?!?!?!

I have a big box full of incredible bargains that you might like..................
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 AM
diabolic-mind

thanks for the info guys. ideally i would like something with some longevity. id rather not get something that is going to have as much down time as run time. the reason why i want to go with the 1/12th scale is i like the large size of it. i already own and run a ultimate soldier 1:6th scale m5 stuart tank. other than its tracks popping off quiet a bit i love the fact that it climbs pretty much anything i can put it in front of, and after waterproofing it i love how i can get it wet in 8 inches of water and it has the power to push through. my main interest is having something with alot of power. im not concerned with speed because, well, its a tank. i wouldnt be opposed to a 1/16th scale tank, but with my budget i hvent seen much i could afford. as far as the style of tanks that i like, my all time favorite is the M1A2 abrams, and i also love the panzer. any reccommendations for a tank you guys have in the 1/12th and 1/16th scale let me know. i cn probably push my budget up to like 100 bucks at most to get me started. i wish i had a larger budget to get me started but times are tight. if you have link for your reccommendations that would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old 12-02-2010, 10:36 AM
googlydoogly

Here's a good start up tank that's within your budget:

http://www.raidentech.com/3859-1-pzkpfwlv-tank.html

You can always upgrade it to your heart's desire in the future, since there's a ton of upgrade options for these tanks.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Imnotanace

You can also try RCTankWars.com . I just bought a tank from Phil and a good place to deal with. you can get a tiger tank for $98 and you can upgrade as you get more cash.
There are alot of upgrades and replacement parts available.And they check each tank before it gets shipped.

Ron
Old 12-02-2010, 12:15 PM
pattoncommander

Total junk. Tracks are so tight that only 4 of 7 road wheels are on the ground, track looks very thin, US tanks do not carry drums of fuel on the rear nor do they mount rockets on the turret stowage racks. Details dreamed up by some Chinese toy maker. 1;12 is a very oddball scale and wouldn't fit with anything. Buy a HL Panzer III or Pz IV. If American, the Pershing is a good one.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 PM
diabolic-mind

i really like the tank googly suggested. i like the radio too. alot of the issue i have with tanks ive looked at is that they have a strange controller with a million buttons. i like the dual stick style layout. patton could you link the tanks your talking about for me?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM
diabolic-mind

on second thought, i just spotted this little beast. any thoughts on this one?

http://www.bananahobby.com/1175.html
Old 12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You REALLY DONT want the OPINIONS of THIS LOT. LOL.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:59 PM
swathdiver

This version Abrams is a toy and unreliable for long-term or even occaisional use.

The tank for you is a smoke and sound Walker Bulldog with metal gearboxes. When properly weighted it too can climb anything and arguably can conquer the terrain better than any other 1/16 HL tank.

It doesn't NEED metal tracks but will run nicer with them which you can buy in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60610.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1529404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37034.jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1529405  
Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 PM
pattoncommander

check with Phil ;Phil Pflueger [[email protected]]

The HL tanks are OK, and the little PZ-III is a very good; dependable runner. As Swathy wrote, the M-41 is an axcellent tank although it is not to 1;16 scale.....too big. The new Russian KV-1 is also a hot item. Be sure to get S&S only. All are available on Evilbae but best go thru Phil.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:34 PM
thecommander

Hi Diabolic,
I had a 1/12 like that about 9 years ago. It is just a RC toy Plain and simple. A child might enjoy it for hours but and adult would recognize it as such in short order. I'm sure you would soon be bored with it. I see you are not far from me ( Bergen Cty in norhern NJ). I was born in Brooklyn and raised in Queens. I run the North East Armored Division/ QPG on Yahoo. You should join us. We have battle days here in about 25 milse form the GWB and we are always buying, selling and trading tanks. If you come to our next event I will loan you some 1/16 tanks to try out so you can figure out what is best for you. One of our guys sold his Sturmtiger there for $50 two weeks ago. It was like new. I would have bought it myself but Wayne from Statten Island beat me to it.

Bob, NEAD CO
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76999.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	1529482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29934.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	672.5 KB
ID:	1529483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48994.jpg
Size:	694.7 KB
ID:	1529484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke92090.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	648.7 KB
ID:	1529485  
Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
BIGMIG

( QUOTE===Wikipedia )

An OPINION is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic,and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts.An opinion may be supported by an argument,although people may draw opposing opinions from the same facts.Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented.However,it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's prespective,understanding,particular feelings,beliefs,and desires.In casual use,the term opinion may refer to "unsubstantiated information",in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

BIGMIG

corrected a few typo-error's..........just for you REX........
Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

( QUOTE===Wikipedia )

An OPINION is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic,and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts.An opinion may be supported by an argument,although people may draw opposing opinions from the same facts.Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented.However,it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person,s prespective,underswtanding,particular feelings,beliefs,and desires.In casual use,the term opinion may refer to ''unsubstantiated information'',in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

BIGMIG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BIGMIG...........

I was going to offer my opinion on your posting, but instead decided to make my comment as a statement of fact, which it is.

In a number of cases, your posting needs spacing after the punctuation mark, (i.e.) commas and periods.

Also, there are a couple of typographical errors that were made, but those are understandable (in my opinion).

Outside of that, I agree with ya!

Rex