Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1:6th stuart tank getting wet!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1:6th stuart tank getting wet!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1:6th stuart tank getting wet!!!!

thought you guys might want to see this. i took this video about an hour ago. i had to cut the video short because i threw a track while it was in the water. luckily i was still close to shore. i had planned on making the video alot longer and was bringing it in near the camera for a close up look when the track got fussy. heres the vid though, enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPoxo2ikbg
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: 1:6th stuart tank getting wet!!!!

here it is climbing over some surface roots too. you can here how it loses signal and cuts out in the video. i still need to figure out the reason im getting really poor range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlCGyuaclU4
Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Captain Action

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hay DM looks like your having fun, good to hear you are finding parts for your Stuart.
If you are going to drive it in mud and snow, you will find a speaker vent on the bottom of your tank that will let in water and kill the EL.
You should block off that vent or better yet stay out of the water...EEK... It is fun though...
I found when I am using a certain 12v battery I took out of a UPS, I too had bad range. But with the stock battery (or some of my other 12v bats) my tank works fine??
If you look around on this site you will find some old threads on some custom stuarts.
Have fun..
Old 12-05-2010, 06:50 PM
diabolic-mind

yeah i disconnected the speaker, the stuarts sounds were kinda crappy because the speaker was torn so i just dont use it. i also sealed up all the electronics so it is waterproof which is why i take it full bore into the water like i did. once i figure out how to tighten up my tracks im gonna take it back out into the water for some more fun.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it's your tank- Seems there are those who just can't keep them out of the mudd and water.If you figured out the scale of what you was driving it over compaired to the scale of the tank,don't think you would have been a tank driver in real life for long.Your crew would have shot ya.

Don't think you have ever been around a tracked vehicle of any kind that has been stuck in a soft spot.I have and it can be one big job,a lot of work,and a little spendy getting them out.

BIGMIG
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
diabolic-mind

yeah i know how bad it can get. my uncle is a tank commander and has sent me several photos of some of his "mishaps". if it were a real tank i wouldnt be doing the stuff im doing with the rc. but thats part of the fun of it for me, i dont have ANYONE around me i can battle with so i gotta find ways to enjoy it. i will be shooting some video soon of the area where i run the stuart. its a pretty nice area. should hopefully have that video up by tommorrow afternoon or evening.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:30 AM
hatakashi

hehehehehe my favourite, MUD AND WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!