Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

questions about El-mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:19 AM
pangpang_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about El-mod

1. My HL tank doesn't have any IR battle system and want to upgrade to a Elmod. I have researched around in this forum, it seems that I need these three parts for my convertion. Does they fit each other and what else should I get for? Do I need a new remote control?

El-mod Pro:
www.asiatam.com/thinktank-panzermodul-p-672.html
Blasaster IV:
www.asiatam.com/elmod-geraeusch-klangmodul-thinktank-blaster-p-494.html
Infra-red system:
www.asiatam.com/elmod-infrarot-battlesystem-p-598.html
For the Infra-red system, can I battle with Tamiya or other HL tank??

2. Any tank clubs around Bay area(CA), San Francisco, Sacramento?
Old 12-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: questions about El-mod

First and foremost you should contact Phil at RCTank Wars.com. he is our El-mod guru and sells everything you need and can accurately answer all your questions. You would definately want to invest in a Hobby grade radio system for it as the elmod has many many more features than the stock HL and they stock HL radio gear is truly Toy grade and not compatible with most hobby grade up grades. The DBC sytem has a set up that can use the stock HL radio but IMO this totally defeats the purpose. You can get quality 2.4 gHz systems for around 50.00 bucks now so there is no reason not to upgrade your RC radio gear.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Like panther g said, contact Phil. He is the USA elmod distributor and can get you up and rolling in no time. I have had alot of success with elmod in my tanks, and honestly feel that it is the best option available for conversions to hobby grade control. It offers everything from realistic drive control, to proportional engine sounds, and everything in between. It is completely adjutable as well.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Panther G

As far as being able to battle with HL stock IR tanks, No once you convert to el-mod or DBC the HL IR is no longer compatible. It is a proprietary system that is rather toyish compared to the performance of the other battle systems.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 AM
dash69

Hello All,

Can you take an Elmod that works with the stock radio and make it use a Spectrum 5 or other radio?

Thanks,

David
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The El mod design has changed from what it once was. When you purchase an El mod package it is configured to work with a hobby radio. You have to now buy a heng long conversion piece. So it actually cost more money to want to use Heng long rado.

I got this from reading their website, and have no experience with the new EL mod.

Phil's answer will be the correct one.

Basically the old El mod was the only system that worked well to give you good sounds with a Heng Long radio. All other sounds cars(including EL mod now) will require you to have a hobby radio and ditch the Heng long radio. As I mentioned you can still buy an HL adapter, but if you are buying extra hardware for the priviledge of using the HL radio, I would suggest you put the extra money into a 2.4 gHz radio.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

I agree. Get the new elmod system and an Aerosport 5 radio. They are around 60 bucks and will perform very well for you. I am using that radio on my 1A4, Sherman, and KV1
Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 AM
dash69

This Elmod is an older version. are you guys saying it will work with the new radios too? Senile moment here.

David
Old 12-15-2010, 06:20 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it is an old one it was designed to work with an HL radio andd then you bought an adapter to make it work with a hobby radio. Not sure if they still make the adapter. So yes it used to be possible to upgrade the EL mod package to a hobby radio.

Now they have gone the other way. It comes standard ready to use with a hobby radio, and you can buy an adapter to use it on a Heng Long radio

You should pm Phil. he will know for sure what is and what isn't available anymore.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:19 AM
dash69

Will ask Phil. I intend to replace more tanks with Elmod. This one works fine I was just curious. Thanks lots.

David
Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 AM
fsciorelli

pangpang_man,

Just read your thread, although I am not presently working with an El-Mod system (fooling around with the Heng Long battle system for now), I am in the area - Cameron Park, east of Sacramento just into the foothills in El Dorado county. I would definitely be interested in any opportunities to collaborate, meet, exchange ideas and experience. Don't know of anyone else nearby from this forum.

I'm working on a ground up build thread on a HL Pz IIIH now, but I have two Pz III L's, a Stug III, and a Kv-1 also in varing degrees of operation, assembly, modification. With the holiday time coming up I would definitely be interested in an opportunity to meet and collaborate.

Frank