Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Wecohe Wheels arrived...HELP...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Wecohe Wheels arrived...HELP...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 03:37 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wecohe Wheels arrived...HELP...

If anyone out there has nay experience with these wheels,I can use a hand. Here is the dilemna.The wheels come with brass inserts which fit the Tamiya axles fine.Instruction manual says to use stock tamiya bushings and axels to asssemble the wheels.Problem being the axles do not comes through far enough to install them into the swing arms.Even if the did, the road wheels would sit too far out and through the track alignment off...well, not so muchoff as the tracks would never go on in the first place. I included a few pics of the wheels if anyone can chime in.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lj21610.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1533833   Click image for larger version

Name:	cx75235.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1533834   Click image for larger version

Name:	va71219.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1533835  
Old 12-13-2010, 04:10 PM
RSEA

Default RE: Wecohe Wheels arrived...HELP...

If your having trouble mounting them on a Tiger, I guess there is no way they are going to work on the Panther without a major hassle. All they seem to be are turned dishes with cast caps and wheel hubs.. Not much to them really, construction wise. $200+ dollars and your having to "figure out" how to get them on the tank they are supposed to fit..
Old 12-13-2010, 04:27 PM
yellowshaker

Thanks for the calming words brother. i am about to buy a plane ticket to germany and kick someone in the nuts. It's not a matter of figutring. I have the PDF file for installation, which is pretty simple on paper. problem is there is no way in hell that these things are going to work as the paper states. Only thing I can see here is drilling the wheel out to fit the bearings in and then mount them. Still, not somethign I feel I should have to do after paying all the cash. I am trying to find someone here who has experience with these wheels. My luck would be that they changed the design and nothing I have will work. if that's the case the Tiger will be used as a target next time I go to the range and the wheels will be sitting in a bag in my parts box...this is rediculous!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Viper54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their are three different length axels for the Tamiya tiger 1 outer wheels, inter wheels and the idlers if that helps any
Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 PM
yellowshaker

Yep, I know the axles lengths are different. I wish that was the problem...
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM
kclank

send an email to Wechoe. Describe the problem and send pictures. i am sure they will help you.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Panther G

If memory serves me, which it doesn't very often, these wheels are designed for the WECOHE Panther. Which is an animal all it's own.That would explain why nothing will line up. They where never actually designed for a Tamiya tank. I should have remembered this awhile ago Joe sorry brother. I have a buddy who may be able to do whatever machining that will be needed to make them work, if that helps. But he is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so we have the ship and wait problem. Not to mention he's buried under 3 feet of snow at the moment.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Viper54

if you check WECOHE site ther are 3 diffrent sets Panther, Tiger 1 and King Tiger
Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 PM
yellowshaker

Well, these are what I ordered. I can see that they are not what I was led to believe they are. I emailed Wecohe about this and am waiting to see what they are going to tell me. I expected more.
http://www.wecohe.de/shop/index.php?...roducts_id=140
Old 12-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

It says you need TAM0038 to complete under your road wheels,

http://www.wecohe.de/shop/index.php?...roducts_id=141
Did you order those to?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

I'm an idiot.
I missed in your pics that you did have the other parts.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM
yellowshaker

Yep, got those parts too. they needed a bit of cleaning up, which I don't mind so much, but these wheels are not what I expected. I went ahead and installed them without the bushings from teh Tamiya kit. They are ok, as in they do work, but I am unhappy with the fact that they are not as advertised. The site says use with stock tamiya axles and bearings. Not possible. If anyone out there is lookign to buy this set, i honestly think they are a bit overpriced for a wheel that comes with a bushing thruogh it instead of bearings, but they are the only game in town i guess.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM
yellowshaker

Here's the product installed if anyone cares LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yw68058.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1534012   Click image for larger version

Name:	oj25810.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1534013   Click image for larger version

Name:	va72649.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1534014  
Old 12-13-2010, 10:38 PM
RSEA

Well, I kind of care, somewhat.. So what did you end up doing to get them installed on the tank? You said you installed them without using the Tamiya stock bushings. Did you install them with no bushing or bearing, just the bare axle through the wheels? At least they look ok once they are on the tank. How they actually function though is equally or more important.

Thanks for sharing your experience with these "premium" wheels. Maybe someone can shed some light on your problem with them. I know there are a few guys on this forum that say they have them on their Tigers.. The information about them on the Wecohe site is next to nothing, like you've found out.

I have noticed there are a lot of "only games in town" in regards to this hobby..
Old 12-14-2010, 06:07 AM
RodgerB

Try an email to Uli at Wecohe? You may not get a response right away I just received an email from him stating that there is some sort of problem with Telephones and the INternet over there so they have intermittent communications. I have always had great communications with them and they usually will send a "PDF" file to you about the product with drawings. I am doing a Tamiya Panther G and I bought a set of wheels out of Poland everything fits but the axles just make the set screw in the Tamiya arms, not too much to my liking and communications with the Vendor are sporadic at the least but they do fit and the quality of the wheel is very good. My 2 cents worth.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:50 AM
yellowshaker

Guys, i do appreciate the feedback and comments. I have sent an email telling them that I am not very happy about these parts, for the amount of money I spent. Anyway, I know that some guys have these wheels and they did not come with bushings, as mine did. Something has changed..maybe the quality of their parts?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Viper54

from the first post it looks like the bushings are already instaled
Old 12-14-2010, 07:48 AM
yellowshaker

Yes Viper, that is correct. The wheels came with bushings installed. I was plannign to use bearings and if you read the add on Wecohe site, it sates the wheels need the Tamiya axles and bearings to install them. I was planning to use bearings from Mitosal for the install, instead of the stock Tamiya bushings. The fact that they already had bushings in the wheels defeats the purpose of spending this much for a set of wheels that will not take a bearing.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:27 AM
yellowshaker

Well, here is Wecohe's emailed response to me. I told them that I am not happy with the amount of detail that these wheels offer for the money. seeing as they only include enough inner parts of wheel detail for seome of the wheels.

Hello Joseph

Sorry for the late answer, we have no Phone and Internet until Saturday. So we cant answer just in time.
Your ordered a Tiger 1 late road wheel set that use the standard Tamiya axle. In case of customer has
to damage the early road wheels to get the bushings, we change the construction a little bit.
You don't need the Tamiya bushings. We press in bushings and you have a RTR wheel. So don't
use extra bushings. All outer wheels are equal in case of minimize cost. All wheels are type 1
so you can glue in dishes or let it be. This is the only difference between the wheels.

If you need more information's, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards

Uli

PS: we have to change the instruction
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 AM
sassgrunt

When I decided to make a late Tiger I about five years ago, there weren't any aftermarket roadwheels available, (or maybe the Wecohe ones were out at that time, but I couldn't afford them). I decided to follow one of the how-to articles on making your own out of Tamiya KT and Tiger I parts - lots of them, as it turned out. They came out well, but it was a lot of effort on my part, and I worry that they won't hold up over time.

When Asiatam came out with their Schmallturm, I felt I would finally be able to build a Panther F; but then I was faced with problem of finding late roadwheels, again. I decided to save myself the headaches and buy a set of the Wecohe steel wheels for this build. (This is the same set as you have, I believe, only with different center hubs). When I finally got them in hand, I wasn't happy with the bushings either, but didn't have a way to modify the wheels to accept bearings myself. I eneded up contracting with Daryl Turner to do the work, and they turned out - as everything he makes turns out - perfect. I am now happy with the wheels, but like you; am disappointed that you neep to jump through hoops and spend extra money to wind up with decent wheels. I believe that Wecohe ought to offer an option for either bushings or already-installed bearings in their wheels. It would be easier for them to do the extra maching steps required as they're making the wheels, than it is for customers to find someone capable of doing the work after-the-fact.

-Mike
Old 12-14-2010, 11:45 AM
yellowshaker

Well, i am sure i could send my wheels to Daryl as well. My point beig the same as yours...why should I have to spend more money on them? they should have come as advertised and honestly, I do not believe they are worth the money. The finish is nice and the 1-piece design is nice, but that's where it stops being nice. Jus the fact that they don't supply enough caps to do the inside of every wheels is rediculous to me. ell, for that money, they should at least come with all the parts. I would hope they are willing to send me those missing parts at least. If not, then I really do not have much else to say about Wecohe...I'll let you guys draw your own conclusions.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Viper54

and end mill and a drill press is all you need to make the bearings work
Old 12-14-2010, 02:44 PM
uliw

Hello over there

Sorry if my English is not perfect, IĀ“m a little bit older.

If we respond not in a short time to questions, two things are given. No Internet like the last days, or I have to travel with my real job.
A lot of you now the name Heike. ItĀ“s my wife and manage the office and ship the parts. But she is not able to answer deep technical questions.
If a customer wish to have a special, like ball bearings in a wheel, we can prepare a set of wheels without a changed price. If we dont know it,
we cant do it. We try to give a good service, if we known whats the problem like Rodger reports. ItĀ“s also no problem, to ask several questions
before order parts. In case of the shipping cost to the States, we are not happy, if the customer has problems.

Something is not able in Europe, make very cheap parts like Chinese suppliers. I write it to Joseph why thatĀ“s not work.
I know, a lot of people think, small series supplier will be get ritch with here parts. Forgett it! The work for drawings, masters, moulds and parts
worth not the money we earn. After selling xxx parts it will be equal or we get a little bit more, but we have to invest in new stuff, so it starts again.

So our opinion is, a lucky customer is the best we can get.

Best Regards

Uli
Old 12-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Panther G

I have spoken with Joe numerous times on this trans action and he most certainly DID tell WECOHE that he intended too use the BEARINGS from Mitosol, so this excuse of not specifying his intention is false. He has posted many times on this forum his intention from the beginning including questions on where to purchase the bearings. So that should put to rest their issue of him not ordering the correct part. WECOHE simply paid no attention too the 3 communications Joe had with them prior to purchasing the wheels. Not to mention the 25 DAYS for them to deliver the product to him. 25 Days? That is a little much isn't it from such a long established company?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Viper54

25 DAYS *** !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.