Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRST IMPRESSIONS

i got my walker bulldog today in the mail. first things first, i gotta give credit where credit is due, phil, thank you so much. i absolutely love this tank. it is so much more than i was expecting. you can count on my return buisness.

so my day started with, well actually my night last night never ended. i was up til the crack of dawn when i checked the tracking number on my package and it said "out for delivery" the initial exciment took over and i was wide awake. come 4:30 pm i was about to pass out and that glorious brown chariot pulled up in my driveway. in an instant i was wide awake. i gave the ups driver a 5 dollar tip i was so excited, plus its the holidays.

so i got it inside and opened it up. the first thing i thought when i held it for the first time was, damn whats in this thing. ive owned alot of rc toys in my days and this thing just felt like there was alot going on in it. from the weight its easy to tell there isnt cheap parts inside of her. i then put the battery on the charger, and read the manual, the english was a bit lacking but thats not a big deal. i then got 2 work on putting all the pieces on. i spent about 45 minutes doing that, just taking my time and getting familiar with it. i then spent quiet a bit of time getting all the decals put on nice and even and level. im a bit anal about that. i got it looking pretty though. i then decided while the battery was charging still to hit some craft stores to see what goodies i could find for add ons. sofar i found some nice canvas fabric to do the rolled up things i see on some of the tanks. i also picked up some twine to wrap and tie around the canvas rolls. i also picked up some minature tree branches with little tiny leaves on them. im considering adding some of these to it here and there to add some jungle type camo. thats it for now though. id like to find some little guns, crates, and some other odds and ends to give it a more personalized look. but right now i give it 10 out of 10 stars. ill get some pics up once i get some details added to it. sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my first HL tank experience with you fellas
Old 12-13-2010, 08:13 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: FIRST IMPRESSIONS

That's great now your hooked!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can save a lot of time by getting the rolls, duffel bags, packs etc at Build-A-Rama.com. They're 1;18 scale, but really look great, prices are good and they are nice to deal with.

Don't know where you are going to have your Bulldog assigned, but looks like you have jungle in mind...in which case it would be
S. Vietnamese Army..not USA. The travel lock is missing from the tank, so you'll have to make one.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM
pcomm1

Outstanding write up and I am pretty sure that is just how many of us felt right before their first rc tank was delivered, I know I did. And the great thing is that your next tank will be just as much fun.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:19 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal brother! Glad to hear you are happy with the Bulldog. Post up some pictrues of it when you can. We all love pictures here!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 PM
diabolic-mind

will do on the pics, this thing has me thinking f tons of ideas for it. one thing im thinking is to give it some mud effects like mud spatter. i got a good method for getting this effect. i agree with patton that i could save alot of time just buying the rolls but i think it will be a little more fun to make them myself plus add that much more of a personalized touch. im headed to A.C. Moore tommorrow with the hopes of finding some miniature pots and pans so that i can add a mess kit to the tank somewhere. im also planning on taking alot if not all the accessories off of it tommorrow and adding more detail to them all. its been awhile since if had a hobby  that ispires one thought after another. cant wait to see the turn out.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:53 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice to hear a good story. Was a time when one received a heng long, the next 5 days were spent trying to get it to run. The bulldog was my first tank. The thing about these HL 1/16 tanks, that even with some of the problems, the bottom line is you get a lot of stuff for $150

The Bull Dog tracks are pretty solid, and don't really need to be upgraded. They hold together well.

Sounds like you have the traits that could lead to a long addiction to this hobby. Great to see another guy "find" a hobby that motivates and stimulates. If this keeps going on, maybe we will see Kalmbach come out with a monthly RC armor magazine. Then we will know we have arrived