Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

SDKFZ 222 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 PM
ObsessiveTanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SDKFZ 222 Questions

Hey,
Iwas wondering if any of you have built a SdKfz 222 by Andrew Designs. I was thinking about getting one, if I could get the money for one lol. Does it come with all of the pieces to get it running? Is it hard to build? Thanks

Old 12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SDKFZ 222 Questions

Now they come with metal gears though they do require a larger motor to help them run, the kit is by means for beginners it requires all the resin and metal parts cleaning up as in removing all the pour plugs and casting plugs also when you work on the axles you need to mark all the parts as being specific to that axle and that end of the axle they won’t go together in a week you may also still need to tap all the holes as the self-tapping screw idea is totally useless and you will find yourself either breaking the screws or striping the head, parts that don’t come with the kit that you will need to get it running,
Large motor
Servo
Speed controller
Battery
And a rather large portion of patience.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8466034/tm.htm
Old 12-15-2010, 04:00 PM
ObsessiveTanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SDKFZ 222 Questions

Thanks. Im definately not getting it now lol. ABrummbar for Christmas to go with my King Tiger sounds better anyways. Have you seen the youtube video of the only footage of a jagdpanzer lang and brummbar?- im trying to recreate that collumn, but instead of a jagdpanzer ill probably go with a Panther G