Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Grandhobby.com WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:06 AM
lannie fentress
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grandhobby.com WARNING

HI I bought a Dak PZ IV for a custumer from Grand hobby.com that was to have sound But when I received it and done about 6 Hrs worth of weathering to it .I find out it did not have sound .SO I called the website and All they will do is 10% back .She said that there was a mistake on the web page and they had had a lot of complaints about it .So I give them a week and they still have not fixed the web page .So if you order a tank with sound you might not get it and all they will only offer you a 10% back witch is $6.90 and the sound unit is about $60 to add maybe more .So beware .Find another dealer It will save you a lot of heartache.I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks Lannie
Old 12-17-2010, 10:27 AM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: Grandhobby.com WARNING

sorry to hear about that, that is the reason i went to phil at rctankwars.com, he tests out the tanks he sells so you have the peace of mind in knowing that what you paid for is in working condition and that it is what its supposed to be.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Spitvalve

So is this an older model with no smoke and sound, and the two speeds? If so, it's not what you ordered and not at all comparable to what an S&S tank has to offer. Demand your money back. It's not like they sent you a grey one instead of a yellow one. Keep it civil but be merciless in your hounding.

Mike.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 AM
dyeager535

Sounds like a threat of credit card dispute of the transaction to them, and follow through with the credit card company if they don't comply. No tolerance for dishonesty, and apparent disregard for those wronged.

Be prepared for them to want it back, but ALL shipping at this point is on them. The fact that you painted it should have no bearing on a "return" as no reasonable person should be expected to disassemble something purchased to ensure it is what it appears to be from the outside.

I'd take a screenshot of the web page, and try to get their response via email, but barring an email response it's their word against yours, and if the website reflects what you say, pretty open and shut case.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:07 AM
dyeager535

Duplicate post
Old 12-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is why I would NEVER buy an RC tank from a site that are not RC Tank hobbyist's in the first place. You need too know what you are looking at before you decide to sell it as one thing and it turns out to be something else. These fancy web sites and claimed low prices do not come close too experienced hobbiest/ sellers/ dealers. The truly reliable sellers are the ones we all discuss and rely on , on this forum. Buying from anyone outside of that realm is a hit or mis prospect at best.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Oracus

ORIGINAL: Spitvalve

So is this an older model with no smoke and sound, and the two speeds? If so, it's not what you ordered and not at all comparable to what an S&S tank has to offer. Demand your money back. It's not like they sent you a grey one instead of a yellow one. Keep it civil but be merciless in your hounding.

Mike.
I would have done the same, but this guy painted it up before he even checked if all was ok.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: lannie fentress

..................when I received it and done about 6 Hrs worth of weathering to it .............

He can't send it back.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:02 PM
diabolic-mind

im not too concerned with the smoke and sound effects, i sent a pm offering to buy it from him. i wouldnt mind another tank!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
lannie fentress

Wanted to update I had to send it back at my expence $19 to be refunded $79 so I was out the 6 hours labor and $19 for a scam .The first lady I talked to said they had a warehouse full of non sound and smoke .They have still not fixed the webpage
Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM
yellowshaker

After all that work, it would have been worth it to keep the tank and install better electronics in it.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:26 AM
lannie fentress

Your right I should have kept it but Iwas so mad I wasn't thinking stright .I wont buy from anyone I don't know .I forgot to put the manual,battery and battery cover back in the box so I got to keep them .anybody that needs the manual and cover they can have them .I'm keeping the battery
Old 01-26-2011, 01:08 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I checked the site and it appears their are two versions of the DAK one with sound (89.95) and one without (69.95)

Are these the links you used?

http://www.grandhobby.com/1rcsmdakpzau.html

http://www.grandhobby.com/allnew1rcmeg.html

Did they just change the site? It seems somewhat clear to me.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
lannie fentress

Well its looks like the fixed it .Good deal