Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New to tank world

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 PM
jugbutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to tank world

I got a buddy that is big in Rc tanks and I want to give it a try. I would like to build mine so I could learn how to work on it and be familiar with the way it works.

I would like which tanks you all like and would think is a good tank. I don't want a cheapo to I want the all the bells and whistles!

This is great what you have here thanks alot.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Eggman1965
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: New to tank world

How much money do you want to spend? You can get a top-of-the-line Tamiya Panther for $700+radio+battle unit+battery+paints and modelling stuff (Total outlay about $1000) or you can get a Heng Long Panther that comes with a radio of lesser quality and a battery and then put a $125 battle unit + paints etc for a total outlay of about $325. It's all up to you.

Mike
Old 12-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tamiya Panther G, Thats all that needs to be said.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:30 PM
diabolic-mind

i was recommended the HL walker bulldog for my first, i gotta say i absolutely love it, very fun tank with all the bells and whistles!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:31 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

If you mean what you say and want top quality build with all the bells and whistles...well, I have only one word brother. Leopard!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Oracus

ORIGINAL: jugbutt

I don't want a cheapo to I want the all the bells and whistles!

[link]http://chunwai-model.com/index.asp[/link]
Old 12-20-2010, 05:48 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very poor site. Looked over a couple tanks and was really turned off at the crappy suspension on the M-60. No prices given and all they give is a date.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:34 PM
candycab

Heres a review on their M60

http://www.rctankhq.com/Chunwai-Model_M60_Review.htm

Pretty sure they are about $1100.00

Personally for that sort of cash I would buy a Tamiya

Old 12-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Panther G

There more than that. Those are base prices. No electronics or anything.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM
yellowshaker

From what I have heard about the Chunwai models, they are not really to scale, though they are all steel. However, the sounds are really not very good. Check out some videos of them on youtube. Tamiya ll the way over the chunwai.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 PM
diabolic-mind

for 1100 bucks id order 5 or 6 tanks from phil with all the goodies installed!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:29 PM
yellowshaker

Getting a tank from Phil that is fully built is always a great option. Aluminum lower hull, all metal running gear and Elmod! that isa good way to go for sure!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:59 PM
diabolic-mind

yup, and you know that your getting a good working, pre tested tank too. cant say that about any other place selling these. excuse me for sounding dumb for a minute, but what exactly is elmod?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:51 PM
yellowshaker

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

yup, and you know that your getting a good working, pre tested tank too. cant say that about any other place selling these. excuse me for sounding dumb for a minute, but what exactly is elmod?
oh boy! I am about to make you spend more money! LOL. Elmod is a stand alone drive/sound system for tanks.it is an upgrade that will turn that toy tank into a hobby grade machine.Check out some videos of elmod tanks on youtube.
here's one of myLeopard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45m18Qh-wVM
Old 12-22-2010, 12:28 AM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

You must have got a really good deal on that tank.(how many do you have now ?) So how much did you pay for that tank and the shipping ??? Got me very curious.............

P.S. the car salesmen not so many years back (mabe some still do today ) used to un-hook the speedometer on new cars and drive them around for several months and then hook them back up and sell them as new cars with who knows how many miles not showing on the mile meter.......guess they were testing them for the customer............ no thanks,i want mine new out of the box from the factory.....if it don't do as advertised it goes back ............
Old 12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Spitvalve

Somehow I don't think somebody who runs an RC tank business really wants to sit there putting the miles on somebody else's tank. Never met or dealt with Phil, but if I were him I would be very steamed over the previous post...lame attempt at humour, or not.

Mike.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:26 PM
yellowshaker

Bigmig, I think that the fact that many HL tanks are delivered DOA is a good enough reason for a vendor to take the time out of his day to spend a few moments testing that all the functions work on the tank bvefore shipping it to a customer. That to me is good customer service and is something that should be done by more vendors these days. But I guess it's easier for some guys to buy from a place that offers free shipping and then have to send the tank back when it don't work.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Negative Vibes Man...

Phil just sent me new bearings for my 3:1 gears on his dime, because someone at the factory screwed up the assembly. He did it quick too!

I think he checks everything that goes out for sure... but he is'nt sending out stuff he has played with, otherwise he would have caught the bad bearing.

Way to go Phil, thanks, the jagd is back in the fight!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Panther G

If you didn't get it from Rapemtech big Mig generally has nothing good to say about any of the other vendors. Yeah I said it.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:29 PM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: Spitvalve

Somehow I don't think somebody who runs an RC tank business really wants to sit there putting the miles on somebody else's tank. Never met or dealt with Phil, but if I were him I would be very steamed over the previous post...lame attempt at humour, or not.

Mike.
Well what part of my post was ment to be a joke.

I asked a couple of questions and stated a couple of facts.............no joke about it.

This is not Ebay,it's a RC forum.I'm not here selling stuff for my personel business,promoting a friend and his business,or promoting any business in general for any type of personel gain in any way shape or form.

Been here long enough for the other long time members to know one of my personel goals here has been to post any good buy on any tank i happen to find that may be of interest to the other members here.If I post a price of a tank here on the forum and the place of business where it can be bought it will be most likely be for the fact that it is the best buy i have found and mabe also because of the cheapest shipping cost.(and if free shipping "even better") Now that has been,is,and will be one of my goals here.

I'm here because i'm a hobby guy and injoy all my RC toys and like stated above not here to sell stuff for profit.Everyone is intitled to there own opinion,what they like,what they think is a good buy,where they like to buy,and on and on and on.But I think i'm also allowed to have and speak my own opinion.

Now if someone is using this forum to peddle their wares thats fine with me,but don't be to shocked when "OLD" BIGMIG steeps in and comments on it if it is higher priced and costs more for shipping than it can be bought at another place for less.Thats compitition and compitition is what helps hold down prices and gives one more bang for the buck.If i can tell you where you can buy a tank for
$76.00 dollars and get free shipping to boot and you go and buy the very same tank for $96.00 dollars and $17.50 for shipping and then post what a great deal or what a great place it was to buy from................Don't be surprised when you see a post afterwards by me asking what made you come to that conclussion.

a lot posted here all the time on great service when buying a new tank.Well to me great service is.......fast shipping,best price on shipping,best price on the item bought,and getting what you ordered in new factory working condition.PERIOD

Want to talk about "warrenty" "service after the sale" "extended warrenty" and several others..........All have different meanings and terms.

BIGMIG