Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Found it how to make Smoking Guns

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Found it how to make Smoking Guns

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:01 PM
wright 971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found it how to make Smoking Guns

Found it after three years of searching smoking guns
Hi Guys finaly found it after 3 years of searching ,how to make your gun smoke after firing,not only the main gun but M.G. as well ,the guy has 3 smokers fitted in a Tiger 1 Engine main gun and machine gun,havnt translated it yet but there is a hell of a good photo gallery to see ,I think the smoke units for the guns only start when the guns are operated,will have to get bablefish to translate the write up.Unless there is some one out there can tell me if it operates only when guns are fired.(Can only say please and thank you in German oh and order beer)

here is the post http://www.rc-panzerketten-forum.com...tuser=0&page=8

would be interested on your views

regards pete

P.S. the build of this Tiger is worth taking a look at even if you dont want smokers would be interested on your views

regards pete

Old 12-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Dana Lowell

Default RE: Found it how to make Smoking Guns

Hi Pete, I have forwarded this topic to a tanker buddy who is from Germany named Willy Loewer. Maybe he can provide some translation of your link from Germany. Stay tuned...
Old 12-23-2010, 12:27 PM
wright 971

Had a Quick look via Babblefish ,Havnt found how he wired it ,it says he used a filliment from a 500w haligon bulb in one of the smokers ,from the photos he has a 7,2 v battery 3,600 mah with an El-mod unit ,These eat batteries so the run time cant be long,love the way the M.G. moves and smokes.

regards pete
Old 12-23-2010, 02:13 PM
laz2428

transation is easy if your web browser is google chrome, go to the link and at the top of the page is a button that says "translate this page", click on it and its all in english

Easy when you know how !!!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:59 PM
laz2428

this is what it says ....

Hello people!

Because some of you asked me again and again, as I did with the smoke from the gun and the gun moving so made, I will explain it to you here again in greater detail.

So the Tigers are 3 built-smokers, the cases are the standard of the 2nd HL-smoking Generation (the screwed).
All 3 smokers and the recoil are supplied by a separate 9.6 V battery.

The movable gun with smoking:
In this, the helper was exchanged against a hot wire about 30mm long filament of a first 300, later 500 watt halogen light stick.
Through the cover 2 wires were inserted and glued, these were then pushed the assembly into filaments. This contact is sufficient.
On the air side, I stuck some kind of funnel: the remains were from the T34 kit, you can even make out of sheet metal or polishing disks.
For better ventilation of the smoke chamber were drilled in this slot still some 3mm holes.
The ventilation provided by a mini-PC fan (25x25x10) that I glued on the cone and sealed off the compound with small plates and police tape.
The fan was connected in parallel with the filament.
Activation is the smoke unit now has a switching module of CTI, which was easily connected to channel 5 (CHP MG rounds) switched off this way, even the canon shot, but more on that later.
To connect the smoking gun to be designed flexibly, were glued to the tube 2 joints of drinking straws.
Moved, the gun now with the power that is simply parallel to the channel 2 (steering).
The rod and bracket were in the self-made, it is the joints at Tamiya.
The gun itself was already extensively described on page 6 and 7, and shown in the video on page 8.

The exhaust smoke:
He is actually identical to the smoking gun, the only difference is that were used in the two filaments.
A hot wire is, as already described by a 500 watt Hallogenstab and the other is an original HL-filament.
During engine start, the normal HL-smoker and the fan is activated (discreet smoking), an extra switch (channel 7) can then be the second to filament (500W) are switched.
On Channel 7 is playing at the same time thanks to a moto ElMod Rauf howl, so you can be right in two respects gas, namely acoustic and optical, or so the engine is started it can now produce something stronger smoke.
Is controlled it all again as already written in parallel with switching modules of CTI
(Channel 6 Engine Start / Stop and Channel 7 additional noise).

The smoking gun for:
The smoking is just an ordinary HL-smokers, as written above with a 500 watt Halogenglühdraht, and this will stop only supplied with plenty of fresh air!
Smoking and fans will be here, however, controlled separately.
The smoking is done over the Channel 6 (light on / off) with the same CTI control module, which also activates the exhaust smoking, on and off.
The air supply (turbine) is switched on Channel 5 (CHP shot) with the same CTI control module, which also activates the MG-smokers.
Since there are in the switching operations between CTI and ElMod a few milliseconds difference is and the cannon with smoke, recoil and shot flash in the timing seemed a bit unrealistic, the turbine is controlled via the withdrawal pipe by CTI control module.
Thus were the recoil and the turbine connected in series and get through the firing of a shot to the CTI control module a short current pulse, thus driving back the gun, the limit of recoil is activated and at the same time - while the gun back and again before moving the turbine with power, then everything turned off, the back with the limit of the tube withdrawal.

In order to properly make wind, I used a 60mm fan from a PC fan, this I screwed a round metal disk, on the back I soldered a motor pinion.
All this is driven by an electric motor (from a pump HL-smoking), which brings in the short term movement of the cannon by 9.6 VAkku an enormous speed condition and thus provides the smoker with plenty of air.
The case has been tailored for the Tigers from tin solder, as a complete unit and can relatively easily be expanded and a.

The exhaust smoke:
He is actually identical to the smoking gun, the only difference is that were used in the two filaments.
A hot wire is, as already described by a 500 watt Hallogenstab and the other is an original HL-filament.
During engine start, the normal HL-smoker and the fan is activated (discreet smoking), an extra switch (channel 7) can then be the second to filament (500W) are switched.
On Channel 7 is playing at the same time thanks to a moto ElMod Rauf howl, so you can be right in two respects gas, namely acoustic and optical, or so the engine is started it can now produce something stronger smoke.
Is controlled it all again as already written in parallel with switching modules of CTI
(Channel 6 Engine Start / Stop and Channel 7 additional noise).

The smoking gun for:
The smoking is just an ordinary HL-smokers, as written above with a 500 watt Halogenglühdraht, and this will stop only supplied with plenty of fresh air!
Smoking and fans will be here, however, controlled separately.
The smoking is done over the Channel 6 (light on / off) with the same CTI control module, which also activates the exhaust smoking, on and off.
The air supply (turbine) is switched on Channel 5 (CHP shot) with the same CTI control module, which also activates the MG-smokers.
Since there are in the switching operations between CTI and ElMod a few milliseconds difference is and the cannon with smoke, recoil and shot flash in the timing seemed a bit unrealistic, the turbine is controlled via the withdrawal pipe by CTI control module.
Thus were the recoil and the turbine connected in series and get through the firing of a shot to the CTI control module a short current pulse, thus driving back the gun, the limit of recoil is activated and at the same time - while the gun back and again before moving the turbine with power, then everything turned off, the back with the limit of the tube withdrawal.

In order to properly make wind, I used a 60mm fan from a PC fan, this I screwed a round metal disk, on the back I soldered a motor pinion.
All this is driven by an electric motor (from a pump HL-smoking), which brings in the short term movement of the cannon by 9.6 VAkku an enormous speed condition and thus provides the smoker with plenty of air.
The case has been tailored for the Tigers from tin solder, as a complete unit and can relatively easily be expanded
Old 12-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Green Amphibian

Now that is COOL!